Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds Now Overloaded In RF
(01-11-2019, 06:59 PM)McC Wrote: Why am I remembering ED spending a lot of time in LF?

In 1986 and 1990 it was about an even split

1986...72 games in left, 71 games in center
1990...66 games in center, 56 games in left

In totality though he was a CF for us.  From 1984 to 1991....overall

654 games in CF
168 games in LF
23 games in RF
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If I remember correctly they had Milner and Davis alternating left and center with Cal Daniels in right.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Eric Davis is the "Greg Cook" of the Reds.

One of the most talented baseball players I have ever seen (even without my rose (Reds) colored glasses).

In both '86 and '87 he finished in the top 5 in the league in both HRs and stolen bases. I think Willie Mays is the only other player to do that multiple years. But Davis accomplished those levels while missing 30+ games (about 1/5th of the season) both years.

In '89 he missed 27 games and still finished 3rd in HR and 4th in RBI.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 01:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Eric Davis is the "Greg Cook" of the Reds.

One of the most talented baseball players I have ever seen (even without my rose (Reds) colored glasses).

In both '86 and '87 he finished in the top 5 in the league in both HRs and stolen bases. I think Willie Mays is the only other player to do that multiple years. But Davis accomplished those levels while missing 30+ games (about 1/5th of the season) both years.

In '89 he missed 27 games and still finished 3rd in HR and 4th in RBI.

The talent was definitely there. At least Eric did help the Reds win a world championship! He could have been a HOFer if he had good health.
Reply/Quote