Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds Optioned Peralta to AAA
I thought this deserved its own thread...
Maybe Hernandez is next but I doubt it because Garrett has to serve 8 games and Hernandez is the only lefty reliever.

[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
So does that indicate that they intend to use Gausman as a reliever?
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2019, 04:30 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: So does that indicate that they intend to use Gausman as a reliever?

someone else said that is their plan
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(08-06-2019, 03:08 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I thought this deserved its own thread...
Maybe Hernandez is next but I doubt it because Garrett has to serve 8 games and Hernandez is the only lefty reliever.  

Hernandez is right handed.

Also, as to Peralta, good. It doesn't matter if you're left handed if you can't find the strike zone or get anybody out. When Garrett is gone for eight games, they'll have no lefties in the pen.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-06-2019, 04:41 PM)McC Wrote: Hernandez is right handed.

Also, as to Peralta, good.  It doesn't matter if you're left handed if you can't find the strike zone or get anybody out.  When Garrett is gone for eight games, they'll have no lefties in the pen.

losing Garrett hurts.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(08-06-2019, 04:30 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: So does that indicate that they intend to use Gausman as a reliever?

Why would he replace any of the 5 current starters?
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2019, 05:52 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Why would he replace any of the 5 current starters?

I didn't think he would. But it's good to get confirmation of that. He was a starter for the Braves, after all.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2019, 07:33 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I didn't think he would. But it's good to get confirmation of that. He was a starter for the Braves, after all.

Oh, got it. He could be in the mix next year if Wood or another established guy isn’t signed. He’s could make a good injury backup plan or long guy too. I do like the that they’re giving him a shot to join the mix.
Reply/Quote
Just saw this on MLB.com

The Reds have agreed to a Minor League deal with right-handed reliever Brad Boxberger, The Athletic's C. Trent Rosecrans reported on Tuesday. The club hasn't confirmed the report.

Boxberger, 31, most recently pitched in the Majors for the Royals this season, posting a 5.40 ERA in 29 appearances before being released on July 1. He signed a Minor League deal with the Nationals later in the month, but they released him last weekend.

Boxberger was drafted by the Reds in the first round of the 2009 MLB Draft. The team traded him to the Padres in a deal for Mat Latos in December 2011, when Boxberger was still a Minor Leaguer.

Boxberger was an All-Star for the Rays in 2015, when he had a 3.71 ERA in 69 appearances. From 2012-15, he had a 2.94 ERA in 174 appearances. Since then, he has a 4.44 ERA at the Major League level in 146 games.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
With Peralta sent down and Hernandez falling off a cliff, Garrett suspension coming and just our bullpen having struggles lately they're looking to find help there with Gausman and Boxberger I'm sure.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2019, 08:04 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Just saw this on MLB.com

The Reds have agreed to a Minor League deal with right-handed reliever Brad Boxberger, The Athletic's C. Trent Rosecrans reported on Tuesday. The club hasn't confirmed the report.

Boxberger, 31, most recently pitched in the Majors for the Royals this season, posting a 5.40 ERA in 29 appearances before being released on July 1. He signed a Minor League deal with the Nationals later in the month, but they released him last weekend.

Boxberger was drafted by the Reds in the first round of the 2009 MLB Draft. The team traded him to the Padres in a deal for Mat Latos in December 2011, when Boxberger was still a Minor Leaguer.

Boxberger was an All-Star for the Rays in 2015, when he had a 3.71 ERA in 69 appearances. From 2012-15, he had a 2.94 ERA in 174 appearances. Since then, he has a 4.44 ERA at the Major League level in 146 games.
He's got 77 saves, so he has had success.  But he must have gotten released for a reason.  Maybe the pitcher whisperer will fix him.  A replacement for Hernandez maybe?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-06-2019, 05:52 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Why would he replace any of the 5 current starters?

He's Bell. That would by itself explain everything you ever needed to know.. Fear not if you hope the Reds 2019 season goes in the can.. Bell has a plan.  Nervous
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2019, 12:19 PM)grampahol Wrote: He's Bell. That would by itself explain everything you ever needed to know.. Fear not if you hope the Reds 2019 season goes in the can.. Bell has a plan.  Nervous

The bad new is that you have a valid point!
Reply/Quote