Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds Outclassed by Playoff Teams
The Reds would not have lasted long in the playoffs. After watching the teams, their pitching is so beyond the Reds. I think the Reds rookies may have learned a valuable lesson in the playoffs though. I hope we can improve next year and be a legit contender.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Considering how awful the Reds were last season, this season was a blessing start to finish.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2023, 02:39 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: The Reds would not have lasted long in the playoffs. After watching the teams, their pitching is so beyond the Reds. I think the Reds rookies may have learned a valuable lesson in the playoffs though. I hope we can improve next year and be a legit contender.

This didn't really age well. Nobody was expecting a DBacks vs Rangers World Series. DBacks literally backed into the playoffs after losing the last 4 regular season games because the Reds failed against the Cards. Rangers barely got in themselves. The way this all played out i think the Reds would have faired better than you give them credit for.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2023, 02:39 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: The Reds would not have lasted long in the playoffs. After watching the teams, their pitching is so beyond the Reds. I think the Reds rookies may have learned a valuable lesson in the playoffs though. I hope we can improve next year and be a legit contender.

I agree, the Reds have to improve their pitching if they truly want to be a contender next season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Didn't wanna start a new thread just for this but, in my opinion, 162 games is too many. The World Series should not be being played into November. Imagine how much later into November this could have gone had the playoff teams not gotten early series sweeps in the WC and Division rounds.

I'm an old man, yelling at the clouds, I know. But I just feel like 140 games should be the regular season limit. Get playoff baseball started earlier.
Reply/Quote
Each playoff series had a pre-determined start date. If they started the next playoff series two days after both teams clinched the next round, the World Series would've been over by now. A lot of these young pitchers pitched much longer than they ever had before, and hopefully, given the typical arm buildup progression, they can go deeper into games over a whole season next year. I still think that they need one starter just because of how many starters get hurt in a given year, but as long as they get a left-handed and one or two right-handed relievers, this staff should be much better. The starting pitching depth already in the organization should keep there from being the 62 combined starts of Connor Overton, Luke Weaver, Luis Cessa, Brett Kennedy, Ben Lively, Michael Mariot, Levi Stoudt, Tejay Antone, and various relievers.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2023, 10:55 AM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Didn't wanna start a new thread just for this but, in my opinion, 162 games is too many. The World Series should not be being played into November. Imagine how much later into November this could have gone had the playoff teams not gotten early series sweeps in the WC and Division rounds.

I'm an old man, yelling at the clouds, I know. But I just feel like 140 games should be the regular season limit. Get playoff baseball started earlier.

Agree 100%.

The 162 game schedule makes even less sense now that they take 12 teams in the postseason.

We would also see more of the best pitchers.  Teams would not have to put them on limits to save them from the wear and tear of a 162 game schedule.
Reply/Quote
No offense, but **** that.

Give me 162 every year. I hate that we live in an era where every game has to mean something or it's not worth your time. It's only a game. I love the fact that 162 times a year, I can pop on a Reds or Angels game and have it play in the background. If I can't watch it live, I avoid spoilers and watch the replay later that night or in some cases, I watch all three or four that I'll miss when I get back from fishing trips.

Plus, I don't see the players union agreeing to cut out almost 15 percent of every contract to pro-rate it and I don't see the league office negotiating TV deals with less ammo from the start.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote