Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds Prospects
If the bullpen begins to faulter, and it usually does we may see Jimmy Herget before too long. Deceptive delivery from various angles..
He's always pitched from the bullpen in the pros so he should have a decent arm for a good while. We need starters, but we can never have enough good bullpen pitchers..
Currently 3.10 era @ 40.2 IP in AAA  If he has a better 2nd half we'll likely see him late this year. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Stephenson reminds me of a great career minor league pitcher who never quite has big league stuff.. Although he might come around, I've never felt quite comfortable enough with him at the big league level.  But hey, Minor league teams have to win games too.. 

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(07-18-2018, 03:40 AM)grampahol Wrote: Stephenson reminds me of a great career minor league pitcher who never quite has big league stuff.. Although he might come around, I've never felt quite comfortable enough with him at the big league level.  But hey, Minor league teams have to win games too.. 

It seems like Stephenson’s problem isn’t his stuff, but his head. He gets rattled too easy and loses control and location of his pitches. I’d try him as a closer before giving up on him. Some guys just can’t handle facing a batter more than once.
Reply/Quote
This site has now updated with the new draft picks. India has been promoted already

http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2018?list=cin
Reply/Quote
It'll be interesting to see if the new kid Sims can bring his AAA success with the Braves organization to the Reds mlb club.. He seemed to have been thriving with the Gwinnett Stripers, the Braves triple -a affiliate.. We shall see ...  Thus far none of the recent acquisitions from Atlanta are listed in the prospect lists..perhaps they're still listed with Atlanta prospects... woops.. Just looked and they aren't..
Edit:
Upon further review this year with the Braves he's tossed 10.1 innings with a  7.84 era..  Yup, a sure fire keeper, eh? That's Redspeak for Ace.. On the bright side , quite often a change in scenery does wonders for a young arm.. 

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2018, 02:13 AM)Goalpost Wrote: This site has now updated with the new draft picks.  India has been promoted already

http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2018?list=cin
It makes me wonder exactly what they based his promotion from Billings rookie play to A ball on.  In Billings he only had 10 plate appearances which isn't exactly a huge sample size. Maybe they just wanted him to get those coveted frequent flyer miles from Billings Montana to Dayton.. 

Reply/Quote
Well shit. Greene has been dominant lately, hopefully this doesn’t lead to Tommy John surgery like most UCL sprains do.

https://www.mlb.com/reds/news/reds-prospect-hunter-greene-has-ucl-sprain/c-288723820
Reply/Quote