Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds Sept 16th-27th . . . Last 10 games - The race to the playoffs or elimination
Might be a little bit excited about the Reds. I'm learning to trust Cincinnati teams more when they act like they might be legit, but it's a process. Cool
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 06:51 PM)TheBengals Wrote: Might be a little bit excited about the Reds.  I'm learning to trust Cincinnati teams more when they act like they might be legit, but it's a process.  Cool

It's a crowded field of contenders and they probably have to pretty much win out.  It just sucks that they had to wait so long to get their shit somewhat together.  But a chance is a chance and beats elimination.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
W. Sox were the #1 seed in the AL and Reds won the series. I think they need to win 4 of their next 6 games to enter playoffs. The Reds are still at the bottom of MLB batting AVR. This is alarming. Nevertheless, pitching has improved, I think the players smell the playoffs, they have a good chance this year.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
They all win Sunday so Giants and Brewers at 26 losses and Reds at 27 losses.

Reds now play Brewers....Giants play Rockies.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 10:02 PM)kevin Wrote: They all win Sunday so Giants and Brewers at 26 losses and Reds at 27 losses.  

Reds now play Brewers....Giants play Rockies.

Gotta win every game left.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I'm enjoying this team. I wish to god that they could stop leaving a zillion guys on base, but whatever.

We need at least 4, maybe 5 wins to get to the postseason. I think they have the talent. I hope they can put it together.
Reply/Quote
This series is key . . . The Brewers finish the season with five against the Cardinals. They need to take a minimum 2 out of 3.

I'll agree with Kevin, the Reds stand almost no chance of catching the Cardinals since the Cards own the tie breaker and it appears that the Cardinals will only play 58 games? Unless I missed it somewhere, they are sitting on 50 games,26-24, and only have eight games scheduled this week. Three against the Royals and five against the Brewers.

I are confyoozed.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 03:25 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: This series is key . . . The Brewers finish the season with five against the Cardinals. They need to take a minimum 2 out of 3.

I'll agree with Kevin, the Reds stand almost no chance of catching the Cardinals since the Cards own the tie breaker and it appears that the Cardinals will only play 58 games? Unless I missed it somewhere, they are sitting on 50 games,26-24, and only have eight games scheduled this week. Three against the Royals and five against the Brewers.

I are confyoozed.

Cards may have to play a double header Monday following the season.  Not sure who it is against.  
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 03:25 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: This series is key . . . The Brewers finish the season with five against the Cardinals. They need to take a minimum 2 out of 3.

I are confyoozed.

I think they have to take 4 of the last 6 to have any chance and really 5.
Reply/Quote
First post in this forum, I have had a growing interest in baseball and plan on catching the Reds game tonight. I have heard they are a fun team to watch, but don't have the greatest coaching? I'm not incredibly knowledgeable on baseball, but excited to check them out.
Reply/Quote
Reds are starting Castillo tonight, Gray tomorrow, and Bauer on Wednesday. Good move on their part.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 02:33 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: First post in this forum, I have had a growing interest in baseball and plan on catching the Reds game tonight. I have heard they are a fun team to watch, but don't have the greatest coaching? I'm not incredibly knowledgeable on baseball, but excited to check them out.

Welcome aboard. Here's what you'll see this week . . .

Great starting pitching

Mediocre to good relief pitching

One of the poorest hitting teams of all-time and that's with the DH. The Reds should apply for the American League because they are just like an AL squad. Sit around and wait for the three run homer.

A manager in over his head. It's even worse for Bell when the pitchers bat. Then it's like Little League . . . EVERYBODY PLAYS. Sometimes, it seems like he makes a move just to make a move.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
Castillo gave up HR, they need tonight's game against Brew crew. I think they need all 3 sweep really.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Man these Brewers hats hurt my eyes.

Reply/Quote
Moose puts this game to rest with a 3 run bomb! 6-1 Reds!
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Wow they’ve now won 8 out 9. If they can just get in the playoffs being this hot...

Reply/Quote
The ESPN schedule usually shows the rotation matchups for up to two weeks in advance. I have used their schedule for this for about a decade and they've been very accurate. But this looks weird to me.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/team/schedule/_/name/cin

Gray vs Anderson
Bauer vs Houser - Bauer on three days rest
-------off day-------
Desclafani vs Hill
Mahle vs Pineda
Gray vs Berrios

No more Castillo and no more Bauer after Wednesday

I would have this lineup instead
Gray
Bauer
Mahle
Castillo on three days rest
Gray or Bauer on three days rest(If the Reds light up Houser, pull Bauer after 5 innings on Wednesday)

BIG WIN tonight. Woodruff usually owns the Reds and his 100th pitch was a Suarez two run shot. Anderson will be another tough pitcher to face tomorrow. Hopefully Gray is in top form because they need it.

Yet another game where every run in the game is the result of home runs. I hate modern baseball.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
The Phillies just lost.

Reds are now in the #7 spot which would match them up with the Cubs or the Braves if they can hold onto that and avoid falling into 8th and the Dodgers, wonderful. Hopefully they catch the Cardinals and secure 2nd but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Cards tied with the Royals 1-1 in the 6th.
Edit . . . Royals with a two out, two run single to take a 3-1 lead
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
On Monday Reds beat Brewers, Phillies lost, Giants lost, Cardinals lost. This puts Reds, Brewers, Phillies all at 27 losses for 8th play-off spot...Giants at 26 losses....Cardinals at 25 losses in as a 2nd place team. .

I read Bauer pitching on short rest Wednesday and there will be no limit on Gray return to mound. So it sounds like maybe Gray back down last week stretch and Reds are going into more of a 4 man play-off rotation. So Reds are going All In on their chips in this final hand, winner take all. Reds are working it so Castillo and Bauer can pitch twice, Castillo 1st game just over with a win. Also maybe Gray in a game. The Big 3 pitching 5 games this last long week of regular season.

So a good Monday for Reds as they won and the others lost. Reds needed that with time running out.

In closer look, the Reds are ahead of the Phillies for now. Reds a game OVER .500....This is first time I've been able to say Reds over .500 in years.

The American League 8 is more set except order. As on now 1. Rays, 2. White Sox, 3. Athletics, 4. Twins, 5. Yankees, 6. Astros, 7. Indians, 8. Blue Jays.

The National League 8 is Dodgers, Cubs, Braves, Padres, Cardinals, Marlins, with Giants, Reds in and Phillies very close.

Don't assume Dodgers vs Rays World Series. Not in short Covid season with expanded teams play-offs. Make note World Series Washington Nationals already are OUT. Astros are in, but Cole is a Yankee and Verlander injured all year, so not same team. A very improved team is the Padres.....I like Reds Pitching if they have Bauer, Castillo, Gray.

If NBA, NHL and MLB finish play-offs in Covid 2020, they are doing what many thought could not be done months ago. Give credit to the extra effort all teams and players are putting in to do this.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I picked a good game to enter on. I really enjoyed watching the game, looking forward to watching again tonight. If I’m understanding correctly, another win over Milwaukee would be huge as they are in the wild card hunt with Cinci.
Reply/Quote