Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds Sept 16th-27th . . . Last 10 games - The race to the playoffs or elimination
Now that we've clinched, I assume Bauer no longer needs to pitch on 3 days rest on Sunday. Am I assuming correctly? Or is there still something to be gained (a higher seed maybe?) if we win these next two games?
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2020, 08:48 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Well, like 3 weeks ago the Reds were left for dead. I thought they had next to no chance. They got hot at the right time let's hope they can stay hot.

At 9-2 they are the hottest team in the league.

I never gave up hope earlier, but at the same time they did not show any signs thay they would turn it around.  It wasn't like they were losing a lot of close games due to flukes or bad luck.  They just looked terrible for most of the season.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2020, 10:57 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Now that we've clinched, I assume Bauer no longer needs to pitch on 3 days rest on Sunday. Am I assuming correctly? Or is there still something to be gained (a higher seed maybe?) if we win these next two games?

Maybe more stat padding for the Cy Young? I’d rather just get guys back in normal rest and rotation for the postseason though. I wouldn’t let Bauer, Gray or Castillo pitch this weekend.
Reply/Quote
The Brewers are throwing their two best pitchers vs the Cardinals. The best thing to happen to keep the Brewers fighting for a spot is for San Diego to beat San Francisco today.

I'd still start Castillo today to keep him in his regular four day rest schedule. The playoffs start on Wednesday for the NL and that will be Bauer starting. Then Castillo will have the regular four days rest on Thursday and, if necessary, a fully rested Gray on Friday.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2020, 11:54 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Maybe more stat padding for the Cy Young? I’d rather just get guys back in normal rest and rotation for the postseason though. I wouldn’t let Bauer, Gray or Castillo pitch this weekend.

Yea, I don't know exactly when our first playoff game will be but I don't want Trevor pitching Sunday and then not being available for the first playoff game. 

We should use the weekend to set up our rotation for the playoffs, in my opinion. 
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2020, 12:56 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Yea, I don't know exactly when our first playoff game will be but I don't want Trevor pitching Sunday and then not being available for the first playoff game. 

We should use the weekend to set up our rotation for the playoffs, in my opinion. 

I believe they were saying last night that the first playoff game will be Wednesday.  As it stands at the moment, the Reds will play the Braves.

They definitely need to have Bauer ready for Wednesday and that won't happen if he pitches Sunday.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2020, 12:56 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Yea, I don't know exactly when our first playoff game will be but I don't want Trevor pitching Sunday and then not being available for the first playoff game. 

Wednesday. Agreed all focus should be on the playoffs now. I don't want any of our big 3 pitching in a game until then. If they need to keep their arm warmed up, they can throw some bullpen sessions. 
Reply/Quote
I don't want to draw a comparison but....Washington was awful last year and got their act together and won everything. The playoff format is totally different for this year though. It's a shame this covid ruined any home game chance at GABP. I'd have bought a ticket. The place would have been rocking.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It's been announced that Bauer is pitching game 1, Castillo game 2 and if necessary Gray game 3.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Well Cards lost so at worst we stay basically tied with them. I'm thinking the only was the Cards don't play Monday is if Reds lose and they win tomorrow.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2020, 10:56 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Well Cards lost so at worst we stay basically tied with them. I'm thinking the only was the Cards don't play Monday is if Reds lose and they win tomorrow.

Cards are now 29-28 and Reds are 30-29 so the above scenerio would make records 30-28 and 30-30 respectively which clinches 2nd for the Cards. 

If Cards lose or Cards/Reds both win tomorrow they would have to play at least 1 game on Monday.
Reply/Quote
Now they need to win tomorrow to push the Cardinals to hold onto the 2nd place spot. I'd rather face the Cubs than the Braves, to be honest. Hopefully Anderson has the same performance that Woodruff had today, 8 innings, 2 hits, 1 walk 10 strikeouts.

I wonder if Gray starts tomorrow?
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
Giants just lost to keeps the Brewers alive and increases the Reds chances of not being in the Dodgers side of the bracket.

edited to add . . . watching the Dodgers-Angels game, they just said that Cincinnati cannot finish lower than 7th after the Giants loss. They own every tiebreaker with everybody below them.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
Reds won vs Twins and won their last 5 series. So Reds playing good ball beating play-off teams going into play-offs.

GO REDS
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote