Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds Sept 16th-27th . . . Last 10 games - The race to the playoffs or elimination
Right now the Reds are ahead of the Cardinals and would be in the playoffs.

If they fall behind the Cards in the Central they could still make the playoffs as a wild card if they are better than all but one of the teams that do not finish 1st or 2nd in their division. Right now that looks like the Giants, Phillie, and Brewers. The Reds are ahead of the Brewers and Phillies so they would still make the playoffs as a third place team.

In the ESPN standings they also list a teams probability of making the playoffs. this is based on the difficulty of their remining schedule. The Phils and Giants must have easier schedules because ESPN gives both of them a better chance of making the playoffs but not by much.

Reds......54.7%
Cards.....57.5%
Phillies....63.3%
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:12 AM)samhain Wrote: Grown man series vs the Chi Sox this weekend.  If they can sneak in and take 2, it will be a massive momentum builder.

Yup, they take two against White Sox I'll start getting a little excited.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Mahle with a strong performance tonight.
5 2/3 4 hits 1 run 1 earned run 2 walks and 8 strikeouts bringing his ERA down to 3.97

Mahle, Gray, Castillo, Antone and possibly Lodolo have me excited about the future of the starting staff.

6-1 Reds after 6 and a half innings. Crochet of the White Sox came in throwing 101 MPH in his MLB debut.

Cardinals win game one, trailing by 1 in game two.
Marlins beating the Nationals 6-2 in the 4th.
Atlanta burying the Mets 13-1.
Brewers just took a 6-4 lead over the Royals.
The Phillies won game one but the Blue Jays just took a 6-5 lead in game two.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Reds are on fire...at the right time.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
We really shut down their offense last night. The White Sox have an incredible record vs Pittsburgh, KC, and Detroit...something like 23-4 and a losing record vs everyone else. That was surprising to see. How much they have beat up on the have nots.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 10:32 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Mahle with a strong performance tonight.
5 2/3 4 hits 1 run 1 earned run 2 walks and 8 strikeouts bringing his ERA down to 3.97

Mahle, Gray, Castillo, Antone and possibly Lodolo have me excited about the future of the starting staff.

6-1 Reds after 6 and a half innings. Crochet of the White Sox came in throwing 101 MPH in his MLB debut.

Cardinals win game one, trailing by 1 in game two.
Marlins beating the Nationals 6-2 in the 4th.
Atlanta burying the Mets 13-1.
Brewers just took a 6-4 lead over the Royals.
The Phillies won game one but the Blue Jays just took a 6-5 lead in game two.
Throwing that hard and in the strike zone, with a nasty curve to boot.  Chris Welch said it was the wickedest debut he ever saw.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 02:00 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Reds are on fire...at the right time.

They are.  I do still wanna see them put up runs if they aren't hitting homers.  That is still the one missing piece.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 11:49 AM)Goalpost Wrote: We really shut down their offense last night.  The White Sox have an incredible record vs Pittsburgh, KC, and Detroit...something like 23-4 and a losing record vs everyone else.  That was surprising to see. How much they have beat up on the have nots.

Apparently Cincinnati might not be one of the 'Have Nots'. Let that sink in a bit.

Big game tonight for Bauer as he faces off against Keuchel.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 02:24 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Apparently Cincinnati might not be one of the 'Have Nots'. Let that sink in a bit.

Yep.  There might be just enough mediocrity in the NL for the Reds to have a shot.

Reply/Quote
Someone might get tossed tonight. This home plate ump seems to have an expanded strike zone. Only in the first and already some questionable calls.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 02:24 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Apparently Cincinnati might not be one of the 'Have Nots'. Let that sink in a bit.

The Reds, despite all their "issues" could still end up being a dangerous team. 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 08:27 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Someone might get tossed tonight. This home plate ump seems to have an expanded strike zone. Only in the first and already some questionable calls.

You don't have to watch many baseball games to see how bad the umpires are behind the plate.  On the bases, they are much better.  But this horse shit of each umpire having a different strike zone is ridiculous.  I have seen back to back pitches thrown in the exact same spot and one is called a ball and the other a strike.  They really do suck.

Reply/Quote
9-20 before Sundays games. With the season to end 9-28. Giants and Brewers have 26 losses. Reds have 27. It is that tight...Cardinals have 24 losses catching them would take a miracle. Beating out the Brewers and Giants for the 8th play-off spot is most possible way.

GO REDS....Suarez is back from wife having a baby, The Reds need their best power hitter this last week of short season. Reds may have to go to 4 starting pitchers or even 3 starting pitchers as if in Play-Offs. Time to lose the 5th starter.

#8 will have the misfortune of playing #1 Dodgers all games in LA. The Reds do have Bauer and Castillo to give Reds a chance. They will have to become #8 first, so a HARD last week ahead. For the Reds, each game on out is a must win Play-Off Game.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Reds are being no hit by the White Sox in the 4th and are leading 3-0 with 10 walks and a hit batter.

Moustakas singles to break up the no hitter, 5-0 with Lorenzen battling out of trouble a couple of times and keeping his composure. Moustakas' single broke a 'team 0 for 17 with the bases loaded' with his single.

Winker hit by pitch . . . 12 free base runners and only have 5 runs.

Goodwin strikes out with the bases loaded and then gets tossed.

Keep it up Lorenzen . . . my dish of crow tastes outstanding!
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
Lorenzen pitching well as a starter all of a sudden...

Nothing surprises me anymore in 2020.

Reply/Quote
Votto is now the new Reds walks king passing Rose with 1,211.
Reply/Quote
Was it my imagination or did I see actual live human fans in the RF bleachers last night? I only caught a couple quick glimpses when a couple White Sox hit homers to right, but I coulda sworn there were people there.

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 04:53 PM)McC Wrote: Was it my imagination or did I see actual live human fans in the RF bleachers last night?  I only caught a couple quick glimpses when a couple White Sox hit homers to right, but I coulda sworn there were people there.

That was Fox adding virtual fans. Thought the same thing too until they showed a replay of a home run and there was no one there on the replay.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 04:59 PM)cinci4life Wrote: That was Fox adding virtual fans. Thought the same thing too until they showed a replay of a home run and there was no one there on the replay.

Thanks.  I gotta say, those are the most realistic virtual fans I've seen.  Blows away the ones the NBA is using which just look downright bizarre.

Reply/Quote
Well they took the series vs W. Sox so who knows ? They may make a push after all ?
Reply/Quote