Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds September 1st to 15th Game Thread
Let me add to that. Take the Fat Lady Cut Out Singing of the Truck Promotion in outfield...for now. With Reds winning double header they are 3 under .500 in THIRD PLACE and Giants are 1 under .500 in THIRD PLACE and Cardinals are 1 under .500 in SECOND PLACE. IF Reds can catch either the Giants or the Cardinals, they are in Play-Offs. I did not take into account the rest of National League is playing bad also.

Now some would say what the heck is the point coming into play-offs as one of the bottom teams. #1, Because play-offs is play-offs. #2. Gray has a back strain. What if he comes back healthy for play-offs. Castillo is pitching better. You hit the play-offs with Bauer, Castillo, maybe Gray back, for a 4th pitcher Disco or Maher. You do no use a 5th starter in play-offs ever. You almost never use 4th starter, not like first 3. Moving 5th starter to bullpen helps pen. I'm leaving out Antone, and I shouldn't.

Now, the Reds have to keep getting after last place Pirates Tuesday and Wednesday, which is not Mission Impossible. That would put Reds 1 game under .500 and maybe move ahead of either Giants or Cardinals. ....So take the Fat Lady Singing Cut Out that I suggested, take that down for now. The rest of NL is playing bad enough, that they left the back door open on play-offs.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Reds have two left with the Pirates, then three with the White Sox, three with the Brewers, and three with the Twins.

Brewers have eight left with the Cards, three with The Royals, three with the Reds

Cards have eight left with Brewers, five with the Pirates, three with the Royals
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It's time to root for the underdog. Lorenzen has been bashed hard on here. He goes against Musgrove working his innings up after injury and not a great 2020 for him either. Lorenzen did pitch 4 innings of no run ball to Cardinals 8-31-2020. So maybe with starter warm-up he can do the same to Pirates who are not as good as Cardinals.

Bell could help him out getting best hitters in game with Senzel back. Put the Best 8 on the field plus best DH. No Bell taking a look see at whoever, put your play-off team out there. Who was hitting in the double header yesterday ? Use the HOT BATS.

Reds Need Wins.....We can look at Giants, Cardinals or look behind at Brewers and who they play.....But Reds Need Wins. If Reds WIN TODAY, and Giants and/ or Cardinals lose, they will be tied at 2 games under .500 and Reds in 3rd place back in a Play-Off spot. Reds could even move back into 2nd place
All 1st Place Teams go play-offs. All 2nd Place teams go play-offs. 2 of the 3 teams that finish 3rd Place go play-offs. That's A Fact, Jack.

So a night to get off Lorenzen's butt and root for him to get Reds into 5th inning and pitch like he did against Cardinals 15 days ago. A night to hope Musgrove still not 100 % to go deep in game. A night to root for Reds bats to stay awake and put up runs. No night to play the bench warmers Bell, you are back in play-off hunt.

For Lorenzen it is a chance to show he came up as a starter and show maybe he isn't good in short warm up relief, show tonight he is better with long starter warm-up. In 2021, in 6 month season, Reds like that Lorenzen can hit and play outfield. A good start tonight would help Lorenzen and Reds. It's a chance and opportunity, which is all life is, a chance and opportunity. Reds could be tied with Giants or Cardinals for Play-Off spot.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
The Reds have the next two Thursdays off. This is awesome. Bell can get an extra start out of Castillo if he does this right. If he moves him up in the rotation twice(while still resting 4 days) and Gray comes back from the DL

Tuesday - Lorenzen - Pittsburgh
Wednesday - Castillo
Thursday
Friday - Antone - Chicago
Saturday - Mahle
Sunday - Bauer
Monday - Castillo - Milwaukee
Tuesday - Gray or Lorenzen
Wednesday - Antone
Thursday
Friday -Bauer - @ Minnesota
Saturday - Castillo
Sunday - Gray or Mahle

Bell can really take advantage of these two days off . . . but will he?

Lorenzen looks pretty good so far. I've always said, it's when he's in the game after the 6th inning is when he seems to struggle the most.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Lorenzen who came up as a starter, tonight was given the starters warm up time, not the short warm up of a reliever. With proper warm up time he mowed down the Pirates in dominate fashion. If Reds were looking for a starter in Miley, in 2021 they might consider adios to Miley and Lorenzen as that starter.

The main thing is REDS WON. This thread ending. I'll just say Reds back in play-off picture, but they can't go backwards. They have to KEEP winning. Reds got on scoreboard early in game. Much needed Win.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote