Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds September Game Thread
Don't know if it's my internet feed or if you're watching it but first inning, only sound from the ball park. Jim Day and the booth are silent.
Friedl Lead off HR
India right field line triple.
Farmer RBI single.
Fraley hit by pitch as they popped on the Brewers Broadcasting Crew.
Solano RBI single.
Mound visit.
Aquino walks on a full count to load the bases.
Senzel gets fisted and grounds into a double play, 4-0.
Barerro lines a single to center to score Solano.
Romine strikes out.

Never thought that I'd see them bat around in the first inning with this line up.

Alexander 31 pitches in the 1st, Lodolo struck out the first two and got Yelich to weakly ground to 3rd/SS in only nine pitches.

Not a bad start against a team playing for a Wild Card and a Division.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Lodolo looked good tonight. 11K's is a record for him. Our rotation is coming together.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2022, 11:55 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Lodolo looked good tonight. 11K's is a record for him. Our rotation is coming together.

He's starting to have a game face. His first 10-12 starts, he looked like he was trying to see where he fits into this league. Now he's not so pensive and is coming right after hitters. His hot streak has kind of coincided with Mike Minor's good run. Veteran showing him . . . stick with your stuff and bear down.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
Swept in 4 games by the lowly Pirates. How pathetic.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Offically Eliminated... Not that was much chance
Reply/Quote
https://www.mlb.com/news/draft-rule-changes-with-new-cba

Reds have the fifth worst record right now. The draft next year has been changed to a lottery. Being in the worst three would give them better odds at the 1st pick.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Went to the game on Wednesday. Not much to cheer about except 11k's by Lodolo. The Reds are toast.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Swept by Pittsburgh and then win game 1 against the Cards. Just don't get it.
Reply/Quote
Reds minor leaguers assigned to Glendale of the Arizona Fall League

Quote:Reds (Glendale): Noelvi Marte, SS (No. 2/MLB No. 18); Matt McLain, SS (No. 5/MLB No. 76); Rece Hinds, OF (No. 18); Christian Roa, RHP (No. 30); Sam Benschoter, RHP; Jake Gozzo, RHP; Vinny Timpanelli, RHP

The Reds have some depth up the middle in their organization and they’re sending two very talented middle infielders to Glendale. They got Marte from the Mariners in the Luis Castillo deal and after an uneven first half of the season, the 20-year old put up solid numbers, finishing a home run shy of joining the 20-20 club. McLain has had a bit of an up-and-down first full season after the Reds took him in the first round of the 2021 Draft. He made the jump all the way up to Double-A and even though he struggled with the aggressive assignment at times, he still has topped 15 homers and 25 steals with Chattanooga even while missing a month with a wrist injury.

Interesting run by Aquino. He brought his average up to .211 with 9 homers and 28 RBI in 213 at bats.

Jesse Winker had twice as many at bats with 427 and has a .218 average with 13 homers and 48 RBI. Winker is crushing him with 79 bases on balls to only 13 for Aquino. And even though he's had well over twice the plate appearances, Winker still barely leads him in strikeouts with 94 to 83, Aquino's biggest weakness.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
What a bullshit way for a game to end. Cards had bases loaded and no outs in extra innings. Ball hit to Senzel at third right next to the 3rd base bag. Runner going home intentionally goes from 3 feet in foul territory to 3 feet in fair territory to get in the path of the throw which hit him in the elbow and off towards the Cards dugout. How the hell is that legal? Senzel and Romine in particular were going nuts at the umps.
Reply/Quote
Reds need to go 4-8 to ensure that they don't lose 100 games.

3 vs Brewers
3 vs Pirates
6 vs Cubs

Minor done and Overton back. Ashcraft starts tomorrow.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
As the baseball season winds down, it is still fun to watch Reds games. Just hope for a win.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 07:50 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: As the baseball season winds down, it is still fun to watch Reds games. Just hope for a win.

I will indeed miss them. I have their games and the Angels games on in the background all of the time. Although he's not very popular in Cincinnati, Bart Giammati's end of season poem is so very accurate. They become part of your daily lives and then they're gone.

I will often miss the games during the day (Reds home games are at 2:40 in Alaska) so I'll settle in for the night and watch back to back games. If you click on the following inning on the scoreboard, you can often miss all of the commercials as it skips you to the opening pitch of that frame.

After three years of NFL Game Pass(now NFL Plus) and maybe 10 years on MLBTV, It's hard for me to watch live sports anymore. Let's seeeeeee. NFL game live is 3 hours to 3:15 on average . . . NFL Game Pass, yesterday's Jet's game is listed at 2hours 11 minutes and 52 seconds and that's including the halftime show from the CBS studios in New York. Plus I get to skip ahead during Reviews, Challenges, injuries, kick offs/punts. Unless it's absolutely necessary, I'm watching the replay from now on.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 07:50 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: As the baseball season winds down, it is still fun to watch Reds games. Just hope for a win.

September games are more refreshing to watch because we already know they aren't a playoff team; I'm over the earlier season disappointment by now. I enjoy getting to see some of the call ups play. It gives me some hope that maybe new talent can lead to winning teams in the next few seasons.
Reply/Quote
Ugh. Swept by Shitsburgh. Isn’t that twice, recently, by the Pirates?
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2022, 04:57 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Ugh. Swept by Shitsburgh.  Isn’t that twice, recently, by the Pirates?

Yep. Worst team swept us twice recently. We officially stink to end the season.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
4-16 (about to be 4-17, down 1 to 6 to the Cubs) in the last 21 games has put the Reds in jeopardy of crossing the dreaded 100 loss mark.

We are currently 60-96, like 60-97 after today. They have 5 games left. They have to have a winning record (3-2) in those final 5 games in order to avoid 100 losses.

All 5 games are against the Cubs, so it's possible that we avoid 100 losses, but I would be surprised at this point.

The good news is in the next 3 games, we'll see Lodolo and Greene make their final starts of the season, and they usually give solid performances.

I would say it's good that our last game has Ashcraft, who has also been really good this year, but he had a terrible outing today, 2.2 innings, 6 hits, 6 ER, and he had a pretty bad outing last time as well, 4 IP, 8 H, 4 ER. He is coming off an injury, so he is probably just rusty (was out for about a month, last pitched 8/19 before his previous start), but I wouldn't expect him to shake off that rust by Wednesday next week.

We'll see how they do.
Reply/Quote
https://www.tankathon.com/mlb/pick_odds

Reds are a game behind Pittsburgh to end up with the top three worst record. The top three receive the same odds for the number 1 pick next year. I'm not sure how the tie breakers work, but Pittsburgh took the season series from us 12-7.
Reply/Quote
It's wild, the Reds have lost 98 games and still won't get the top pick since the A's and Nationals have already lost 102 games. We're not even last in our division.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2022, 09:35 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: It's wild, the Reds have lost 98 games and still won't get the top pick since the A's and Nationals have already lost 102 games. We're not even last in our division.

MLB is doing a draft lottery like the NBA and NHL now so they can still get the #1 pick. See post before yours.
Reply/Quote