Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds Should Start Spring Training In September.
Last place Reds have nothing to lose. Announcers and fans won't like it, but this team stinks. Has for 3 years. When rosters increase in September with THE FUTURES, get them in there. See if anybody in this organization can play this game. There is nothing to show Reds won't be last place again in 2018. Better start looking for answers in September, not March.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Ehh.. It's just a game.  There are some pretty darn good minor league players developing nicely even if the pitching staff is still shakey at best..
I'm very interested to see how Tyler Trammel develops coming up from the Dragons. If he can keep on pace he'll be a lock to replace Billy's anemic bat . There's also Senzel and a few others.. Could be that all hope isn't actually lost after all. 
As for starting spring training in September the players association might have a few things to say about this idea..the futures games are another story, but the Reds big leagers don't really qualify.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote