Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds Talking Going After A Solid #1 Starting Pitcher
I don't think Cleveland needs to move Kluber and Bauer to clear payroll any longer. I don't think those two pitchers are truly available without an incredible offer of several prospects. I say no.

Gray cannot handle the lights/fans in New York but could do better on a small market team but he is no ace. He would be a solid middle of rotation guy. Keuchel wants a 5-6 year deal but is a lefty and has ace potential. I just don't think the new management will want to make such a commitment after the Bailey deal. With that said, I would not be opposed to a 4 year deal with Keuchel and bringing in Gray.

Rotation would look something like this:

1-Keuchel
2-Wood
3-Gray
4-Disco
5-Roak

If Disco gets hurt than insert Castillo.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 12:58 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: I would not trade Green or Trammel, but I’d listen on just about everybody else. Would be nice to flip Kemp in a deal.

The Reds would have to pay most of Kemp’s contract and he wouldn’t headline a traded. I would trade Trammel, only because you have to trade value to get value and OF is the easiest position to replace.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 05:04 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I don't think Cleveland needs to move Kluber and Bauer to clear payroll any longer. I don't think those two pitchers are truly available without an incredible offer of several prospects. I say no.

Gray cannot handle the lights/fans in New York but could do better on a small market team but he is no ace. He would be a solid middle of rotation guy. Keuchel wants a 5-6 year deal but is a lefty and has ace potential. I just don't think the new management will want to make such a commitment after the Bailey deal. With that said, I would not be opposed to a 4 year deal with Keuchel and bringing in Gray.

1-Keuchel
2-Wood
3-Gray
4-Disco
5-Roak

I agree with what you’re saying about not overpaying with prospects but I think that the Reds only need 1 more starter. You have to continue to develop Castillo and then Disco and about 5 other guys in-house that can compete for that number 5.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 05:04 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I don't think Cleveland needs to move Kluber and Bauer to clear payroll any longer.  I don't think those two pitchers are truly available without an incredible offer of several prospects.  I say no.  

Gray cannot handle the lights/fans in New York but could do better on a small market team but he is no ace.  He would be a solid middle of rotation guy.  Keuchel wants a 5-6 year deal but is a lefty and has ace potential.  I just don't think the new management will want to make such a commitment after the Bailey deal.  With that said, I would not be opposed to a 4 year deal with Keuchel and bringing in Gray.  

1-Keuchel
2-Wood
3-Gray
4-Disco
5-Roak

(01-02-2019, 05:43 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I agree with what you’re saying about not overpaying with prospects but I think that the Reds only need 1 more starter. You have to continue to develop Castillo and then Disco and about 5 other guys in-house that can compete for that number 5.

I'm still holding out hope that Disco or Castillo will turn into a solid starter. Hopefully both
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 05:36 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: The Reds would have to pay most of Kemp’s contract and he wouldn’t headline a traded. I would trade Trammel, only because you have to trade value to get value and OF is the easiest position to replace.

No he would not headline of course, he’s a million years old. Why would the Reds have to pay his salary? That’s why I want the Reds to flip him.

Trammell is right on the cusp and could be in the majors this year. Center fielders are not easy to replace, that’s why the team is still looking for one after letting Billy walk. Trammel could fill that role for the next decade.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 06:05 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm still holding out hope that Disco or Castillo will turn into a solid starter. Hopefully both

They both have had good stretches and have as much a shot as a Gray does.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 07:02 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: No he would not headline of course, he’s a million years old. Why would the Reds have to pay his salary? That’s why I want the Reds to flip him.

Trammell is right on the cusp and could be in the majors this year. Center fielders are not easy to replace, that’s why the team is still looking for one after letting Billy walk. Trammel could fill that role for the next decade.

The Reds would have to pay most of Kemp’s salary because he’s not worth what he’s owed in the open market. The trade worked because Bailey had a contract that was even worse. I agree on Trammel and also on center fielders being the hardest OF spot to field. An Ace pitcher has more value though, even one with 3 years of guaranteed control.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2019, 10:24 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: The Reds would have to pay most of Kemp’s salary because he’s not worth what he’s owed in the open market. The trade worked because Bailey had a contract that was even worse. I agree on Trammel and also on center fielders being the hardest OF spot to field. An Ace pitcher has more value though, even one with 3 years of guaranteed control.

That’s why we package Kemp with a couple top prospects, like Senzel and Santillan, the team pays his contract because they want those prospects and he still has some pop left in his bat. He is a much better player right now than Bailey is right now.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 10:59 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: That’s why we package Kemp with a couple top prospects, like Senzel and Santillan, the team pay his contract because they want those prospects and he still has some pop left in his bat. He is a much better player right now than Bailey is right now.

I understand you now. Yes, other teams would eat his overpay to have the rights to Senzel and Santillian. I’d sure hate to trade Senzel though! Yes, Bailey May be done.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 06:24 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I understand you now. Yes, other teams would eat his overpay to have the rights to Senzel and Santillian. I’d sure hate to trade Senzel though! Yes, Bailey May be done.

I’d hate to lose Senzel too, but his skill set is being blocked by Suarez, Peraza and Gennett. I don’t buy moving him to the outfield or he would have been there full time. So, if we aren’t going to trade one of the 3 in the bigs, that would make Senzel a very enticing trade chip. Personally I’d be trying to move Gennett, not because I don’t like him, but because I think Senzel has a much higher ceiling and will be cheaper for years to come.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 06:51 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I’d hate to lose Senzel too, but his skill set is being blocked by Suarez, Peraza and Gennett. I don’t buy moving him to the outfield or he would have been there full time. So, if we aren’t going to trade one of the 3 in the bigs, that would make Senzel a very enticing trade chip. Personally I’d be trying to move Gennett, not because I don’t like him, but because I think Senzel has a much higher ceiling and will be cheaper for years to come.

I hear you there... Gennett would be a logical move. I’d also consider moving Winker and putting Senzel there. Corner OF isn’t hard to play. Senzel seems to have a similar bat to Winker and has more speed and a better arm. He can’t be any worse than Winker out there. I love Winker’s bat but he looks like a DH st a young age. I’d actually love seeing a lineup that had Votto, Senzel and Winker’s OBP line though.. scary
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 06:51 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I’d hate to lose Senzel too, but his skill set is being blocked by Suarez, Peraza and Gennett. I don’t buy moving him to the outfield or he would have been there full time. So, if we aren’t going to trade one of the 3 in the bigs, that would make Senzel a very enticing trade chip. Personally I’d be trying to move Gennett, not because I don’t like him, but because I think Senzel has a much higher ceiling and will be cheaper for years to come.

(01-04-2019, 07:39 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I hear you there... Gennett would be a logical move. I’d also consider moving Winker and putting Senzel there. Corner OF isn’t hard to play. Senzel seems to have a similar bat to Winker and has more speed and a better arm. He can’t be any worse than Winker out there. I love Winker’s bat but he looks like a DH st a young age. I’d actually love seeing a lineup that had Votto, Senzel and Winker’s OBP line though.. scary

I'd rather trade Gennett as well. His defense is very average.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2019, 01:27 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'd rather trade Gennett as well. His defense is very average.

It’s even more than that for me. If we extend him that going to be like $6-8 million a year. What’s Senzel going to cost us for the next 4 years, $1 mill?
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2019, 11:41 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: It’s even more than that for me. If we extend him that going to be like $6-8 million a year. What’s Senzel going to cost us for the next 4 years, $1 mill?

I’m guessing that an extension would cost way more than that.
Reply/Quote