Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Reds Will Need A DH, so The Moose now more needed.
Whenever this Lockout / Strike ends, The NL will have the DH. That is already agreed on by owners and players.

So I NOW see where the Reds have use for The Moose as well as Suarez and Votto. The DH changes that. You can't have 3 guys playing 3rd and 1st, but the DH opens up a spot for all 3 of them.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Moose and Suarez didn't have the best season last year. I would consider moving on from them when the lockout ends.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2022, 08:25 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Moose and Suarez didn't have the best season last year. I would consider moving on from them when the lockout ends.

It's hard to say Who is doing What after the 2 month Covid Season, then last season, and now this Lockout / Strike stoppage. Neither the young or old players are putting enough time into their jobs to be able to judge who is good or bad.  

Of course I'm so tired of hearing players and owners complaining over money.  At this point, I long for an 1800's game played at a picnic as the town band plays, " In The Good Old Summertime ".   There will be Kids baseball and baseball at picnics, with or without the million dollar men playing a kids game.   So right now I would trade and fire everybody and start a new and simpler league. This does not make me the best person then to judge keeping who, because I'm angry at all of them right now. 

Still, at some point they will go back to their jobs because it is better than washing dishes or cars and other jobs suited for their limited work training.  When they Play Ball, the Reds will now need a DH as all NL teams will.  So the problem of 2 third basemen and a first baseman of highest pay on team is solved, because one of these guys can DH.  

and if they don't play, there will still be Kids playing baseball and such.  Really, these guys are just grown men getting paid to play a Kids game, that's all it is.  The Kids will play this year, with or without these money grubbers playing. With so many problems in the world today, the LAST thing people will be worried about is if these over paid egotistical clods play or not. It is bad business in any business to complain about the job or pay in front of customers, and yet Pro Baseball does it all the time, and why they are chasing away customers.

Still, whenever they decide to play, The Reds will need a DH, and with no time to work trades and such, It gets Votto, Suarez, Moose into the line-up without having one of them play real bad at Second or Shortstop.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote