Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds bats finally coming around a bit
Brandon Drury: BA .260 8 2B 7 HR 22 RBI Would like to see the avg. come up another 15-20 points

Tyler Naquin: BA .263 10 2B 2 HR 19 RBI Again would like to see avg. up some

Mike Moustakas: BA .263 5 2B 3 HR 9 RBI Would love to see him get back to the 30 HR 95 RBI range.

Tyler Stephenson: BA .328 5 2B 4 HR 19 RBI

Kyle Farmer: BA .193 9 2B 1 HR 15 RBI Just can't keep it going. He'll just knock the cover off the ball for couple at bats then look awful for next 6 AB's swinging at balls that bounce two feet in front of home plate and so on.

India is batting .295 in 44 AB's if we can get him back fully healthy anytime soon.

I didn't know Senzel was back on the IL. Just can't stay healthy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Lets hope the hitting continues. We are catching the Cubs.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Not saying this to defend Reds hitters. Just giving some perspective to these numbers.

Batting averages are close to all-time lows across the league this year.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2022, 03:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not saying this to defend Reds hitters.  Just giving some perspective to these numbers.

Batting averages are close to all-time lows across the league this year.

Yes they have. Batting averages have been slipping down for like the last decade. I wonder how big of an impact the upper cut home run or bust swinging has helped lower averages ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2022, 07:06 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yes they have. Batting averages have been slipping down for like the last decade. I wonder how big of an impact the upper cut home run or bust swinging has helped lower averages ?

The emphasis on home runs has definitely driven down batting averages.  But this year home runs are down also.
Reply/Quote