Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds claim Kevin Gausman off waivers
Club control through 2020. That’s a lot of good arm talent between Bauer and Gausman, if Johnson can get their heads and mechanics right.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/27327688/reds-claim-gausman-waivers-braves
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2019, 03:28 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Club control through 2020. That’s a lot of good arm talent between Bauer and Gausman, if Johnson can get their heads and mechanics right.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/27327688/reds-claim-gausman-waivers-braves

Good move by the Reds.  It will cost them just over 2 mil for this season however, so it is somewhat of a costly gamble for less than two months and it will cost them 10 mil in arb if they decide to keep.  What I am hearing about Gausman is that he was something special with Baltimore but his attitude changed with the Braves.  Johnson must see something he can fix for the FO to pull the trigger.  He is prone to fly balls and home runs and GABP may not be a good match.  But if they can fix Gausman and Keep Wood beyond 2020, the Reds rotation will remain one of the tops in league even if they do not extend Bauer.  

1-Castillo
2-Gray
3-Gausman
4-Wood
5-Disco

The Reds may use Gausman in the pen.  Hard to tell at this point.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2019, 07:30 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Good move by the Reds.  It will cost them just over 2 mil for this season however, so it is somewhat of a costly gamble for less than two months and it will cost them 10 mil in arb if they decide to keep.  What I am hearing about Gausman is that he was something special with Baltimore but his attitude changed with the Braves.  Johnson must see something he can fix for the FO to pull the trigger.  He is prone to fly balls and home runs and GABP may not be a good match.  But if they can fix Gausman and Keep Wood beyond 2020, the Reds rotation will remain one of the tops in league even if they do not extend Bauer.  

1-Castillo
2-Gray
3-Gausman
4-Wood
5-Disco

The Reds may use Gausman in the pen.  Hard to tell at this point.  

Bell has already said he will be in the bullpen.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
So much for the Gausman experiment which can only mean one thing. He'll be our starter on opening day next year if Bell has anything to say about it..  Sad
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
So far, so good. Has a 2.57 era with a 11:2 K/BB ratio in 7IP. Throw in an immaculate inning as a cherry on top.
Reply/Quote
Alex Wood's only victory so far was against Gausman.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote