Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds claimed Freddy Galvis off waivers
The FO is leaving no stone unturned looking for a run at the postseason, good on them.

https://www.mlb.com/reds/news/freddy-galvis-claimed-waivers-blue-jays
Reply/Quote
Shocked and stunned; after the multitude (and I mean MULTITUDE) of reports and boosting about how much he was doing for the young guys and the fact that he's having a career year at the plate, I am stunned that we'd let him go at all, let alone for nothing.

Anyways, he's in the midst of a great year and hope you guys can reap the benefits for this playoff push!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2019, 03:34 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Shocked and stunned; after the multitude (and I mean MULTITUDE) of reports and boosting about how much he was doing for the young guys and the fact that he's having a career year at the plate, I am stunned that we'd let him go at all, let alone for nothing.

Anyways, he's in the midst of a great year and hope you guys can reap the benefits for this playoff push!

Just a cost savings I guess.

Past seasons they probably would have tried to trade him, but the August waiver wire trade doesn’t exist anymore.
Reply/Quote
Not really sure what to make of it ?
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2019, 05:55 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Not really sure what to make of it ?

He's still got decent numbers.  The best I can tell from looking at his stats is that his WAR dropped from 6.2 to 1.6 this year.  Jays likely just decided to save some money.  If he can bring a little energy to the lineup for the stretch run, then great!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
This means that Iggy as SS is not a sure thing for the Reds future. But hell, Peraza and JVM are not a sure thing either. I say sign Iggy to a reasonable extension and play Galvis at 2nd base.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Dietrich may have just seen his walking papers walk in the door.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2019, 07:51 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Dietrich may have just seen his walking papers walk in the door.

Not necessarily.  But it sure does give the organization leverage to sign Iggy (SS) and Dietrich to reasonable contract extensions.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-12-2019, 06:21 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He's still got decent numbers.  The best I can tell from looking at his stats is that his WAR dropped from 6.2 to 1.6 this year.  Jays likely just decided to save some money.  If he can bring a little energy to the lineup for the stretch run, then great!

lol you're looking at his CAREER WAR. Wink

If he got 6.2 WAR in a season, chances are he'd be an All Star and in MVP consideration; alas, he never has been either.

He's having the best year of his career at the plate and probably the best year in the field as well; his WAR is the highest its ever been.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2019, 07:38 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: This means that Iggy as SS is not a sure thing for the Reds future.  But hell, Peraza and JVM are not a sure thing either.  I say sign Iggy to a reasonable extension and play Galvis at 2nd base.
Color Iggy gone.  The Reds won't pay what it would take to resign.  So Iggy now gets no playing time as Peraza gets all the playing time.   Galvis will be here a short time like Gennett or Iggy or Kemp, Puig, Roark & probably Wood .   The Reds are smart to pick up 1 year contract vets over the decades, being they don't have Yankees deep pockets. 

I like Iggy a lot, but his bags are already packed.  That is modern era money ball. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote