Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds end of season record
At the halfway mark the Reds are 28-53 so lets set the over/under at 60. So where do you think the Reds finish ?

I'm going under. I'd guess they're getting ready to move a few guys like Castillo, Drury and so on. Thats not going to help their win total.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It pretty much is rebuild mode at this point. I think they are not worried about the win total. I'm saying under 60 too and maybe under 50. lol
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I'm being optimistic here and I'm predicting not much of a drop off from either.

1) I think Moran will fill in just fine after Drury is traded and give them another left handed hitter in the lineup.
2) In the win/loss perspective, outside of the great Mario Soto, I'm not sure I've seen a more hard luck pitcher with the Reds than Luis Castillo.
This is just a guess as to how it must seem for him pitching for the Reds in any year of his career.
Reds runs scored game by game.
0 - Castillo pitching
2 - Castillo
1 - Castillo

I remember Mahle losing back to back road games 1-0 (Mets and Padres, maybe? Giants?) but Castillo is the hard luck loser of this generation of Reds pitchers. He had his fair share of poor pitching but the Reds lose a lot of his well pitched games.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 08:48 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I'm being optimistic here and I'm predicting not much of a drop off from either.

1) I think Moran will fill in just fine after Drury is traded and give them another left handed hitter in the lineup.
2) In the win/loss perspective, outside of the great Mario Soto, I'm not sure I've seen a more hard luck pitcher with the Reds than Luis Castillo.
This is just a guess as to how it must seem for him pitching for the Reds in any year of his career.
Reds runs scored game by game.
0 - Castillo pitching
2 - Castillo
1 - Castillo

I remember Mahle losing back to back road games 1-0 (Mets and Padres, maybe? Giants?) but Castillo is the hard luck loser of this generation of Reds pitchers. He had his fair share of poor pitching but the Reds lose a lot of his well pitched games.

True

I hope they go on a tear and end up with 75 wins or something kind of respectable all things considered. But I have my doubts.
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 09:47 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: At the halfway mark the Reds are 28-53 so lets set the over/under at 60. So where do you think the Reds finish ?

I'm going under. I'd guess they're getting ready to move a few guys like Castillo, Drury and so on. Thats not going to help their win total.

This sums up my opinion. After some trades, the team will only have a weaker roster.
Reply/Quote
I went back to 1970 considering that the modern- modern era. Since then the worst full season record the Reds have ever finished with is 61 wins in 1982. A large chunk of the Big Red Machine was gone by then and it was just after strike shortened season.

So if the Reds break that record this season they're going back a minute.
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2022, 10:20 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: It pretty much is rebuild mode at this point. I think they are not worried about the win total. I'm saying under 60 too and maybe under 50. lol

Gotta be careful with rebuilds.
Big part of a rebuild is making sure you have some good players still on cheap contracts.
Take too long and guys like India, Stephenson, and a couple of these younger pitchers could end up coming up on new contracts before the team is fully "rebuilt."
Then you might have to start a rebuild again.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-08-2022, 02:37 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I went back to 1970 considering that the modern- modern era. Since then the worst full season record the Reds have ever finished with is 61 wins in 1982. A large chunk of the Big Red Machine was gone by then and it was just after strike shortened season.

So if the Reds break that record this season they're going back a minute.

I think they will win fewer than 60 games.

This team is horrible and they are about to get rid of some of their best players.
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2022, 11:47 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I think they will win fewer than 60 games.

This team is horrible and they are about to get rid of some of their best players.

YUP

If I had to bet right now I'd bet under.
Reply/Quote