Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds lose major distinction.
It has been 31 years since the Reds finished last in their division. that was the longest streak in the National League.

Until now.
Reply/Quote
They are every bit of awful...lots of blow out losses now..and ending the year with their current 11 game losing streak. Can't see how Price survives.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2015, 01:34 PM)Goalpost Wrote: They are every bit of awful...lots of blow out losses now..and ending the year with their current 11 game losing streak.  Can't see how Price survives.

Of the issues facing this team, Price is pretty far down the list. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2015, 12:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It has been 31 years since the Reds finished last in their division.  that was the longest streak in the National League.

Until now.

This will go down as one of the worst season in the past 53 years. Think it was 1962 when the reds lost 101 games.

BAD
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2015, 02:48 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Of the issues facing this team, Price is pretty far down the list. 

Really?  I don't think he has any business managing a big league team.

I do agree with you to an extent.  They have several issues.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
They got tired of making the playoffs and fired a good coach.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2015, 09:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: They got tired of making the playoffs and fired a good coach.

I said the same thing at the time.

Also look at the dramatic difference in our bullpen from when Price was pitching coach.  We went from the best to the bottom with a lot of the same guys.  In one move we got worse at two positions, both manager and pitching coach. 
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2015, 09:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: They got tired of making the playoffs and fired a good coach.

good coach, perhaps dusty was......great coach? no way. they needed to do what they needed to do to make it "over the hump" and dusty wasn't it. fred could be right they could've hamstrung themselves losing 2 in 1 so to speak. as a small market team look at how the royals are doing it, the reds deal to trade cueto and leake may well prove to be extremely good down the road here in the next couple years. price is gonna be gone at the end of the season and the new manager is probably coaching at 3rd base.
Reply/Quote
In the famous enough words of Ricky Bobby, "If you ain't first, you're last."

I have zero problem with them tanking this season once they realized they were out of it. You get a better draft pick, you get to watch rookies develop and get invaluable experience, which will allow the team to speed up the rebuilding process from a 3-5 year time frame to a 2-3 year time frame. If Stephenson pans out as an ace, our rotation should be incredible for the foreseeable future.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2015, 06:45 PM)jason Wrote: Really?  I don't think he has any business managing a big league team.

I do agree with you to an extent.  They have several issues.

Nor do I in a sense, but he's not really had a healthy team since he has been skipper. I just think people always want to crucify a manager first, without looking at the whole picture (not saying you are; just making a general statement). 

My biggest problem with this franchise is the 1950s approach to how they do business. They really don't use any type of advance analytics to get a leg up on the competition. The GM drastically over-values and over-pays players that should never get what they do. And quite simply, this team just doesn't forecast well at all. How long have we had a black hole in LF? I just think there are quite a few other factors that have made this team fall off the cliff than just the manager. 
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2015, 02:48 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Of the issues facing this team, Price is pretty far down the list. 

I look for Price to get the ax quick and fast, maybe before the play-offs and World Series finished.  ...Look for a new manager in place as Reds try to trade players and work free agent pool in the off season.  Price finished pretty far back last year also. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I want the Reds to be good enough to keep my attention even after football season starts. Unfortunately that didn't happen this year.
Reply/Quote
htt[Image: 12143325_10153371940788445_2139548729412...e=569B696A]ps://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xat1/v/t1.0-9/12143325_10153371940788445_2139548729412111645_n.jpg?oh=d0324f4f8bd0fd0b721fb733365a9267&oe=569B696A

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2015, 09:18 PM)kevin Wrote: I look for Price to get the ax quick and fast, maybe before the play-offs and World Series finished.  ...Look for a new manager in place as Reds try to trade players and work free agent pool in the off season.  Price finished pretty far back last year also. 

He's not going anywhere  Confused
Reply/Quote