Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Former Red great Frank Robinson dead at 83
Reds should have kept him, but Oh well.. 
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/obituaries/frank-robinson-barrier-breaking-hall-of-fame-baseball-player-and-manager-dies-at-83/2019/02/07/06a258ee-20d2-11e9-8e21-59a09ff1e2a1_story.html?utm_term=.902d7a4a7afb
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I tried to add image of Reds Frank Robinson. This is a hard site to add images to. To say Frank Robinson is one of Greatest Reds Players ever is an under statement. Rookie of Year, MVP. Gold Glove. Number retired in Cincinnati and Baltimore where he was also MVP, Hit for Triple Crown, World Series MVP. First Black Manager in MLB ever with Cleveland. Over 550 Home Runs. HALL OF FAME. Prayers to The Robinson Family. Wish I could have added picture of Frank in Reds uniform with bat, a good picture. There, that worked. I changed my Avatar to his picture. THE GREAT FRANK ROBINSON.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Frank broke down many barriers. He was a great player and manager. The game is better because of him.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote