Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds might get good F/A bargains near Spring Training.
Free Agency starts with Big Money in baseball & football. Then as weeks go by, some players have to drop their money expectations a little. Last Place Reds could use more help and they admit that. There are a lot of interesting players still Free Agents early in January at every position. A lot of relief pitchers and starters. This pitching coach Reds got from Milwaukee loves a strong bullpen. Bell still looking for starters.

Now in 2017 Wood and Gio Gonzales were good. They both struggled in 2018. Reds have Wood. Gio is still a free agent. I wouldn't mind Reds trying him if they can get him to come down on his price. Wood could bounce back and be very good again and so could Gio. There are other starters who could be steals at the right price. Gio is just one option on starters. There are very good relievers still not signed. Reds could put together a Nasty Boys Bullpen. The pitching coach from Milwaukee would be all for it.

So Free Agency isn't over by a long shot. Google up MLB Free Agents and many good players still out there. End of January or February Reds may just get some real bargains as players come down on price a little. The Reds could go into April with one heck of a team. Reds on Reds.com say they are looking at many more player moves. As it should be considering how awful Reds have been. The list of unsigned free agents is too long to post. Reds could get some good deals on good players as Winter turns to Spring. So could Bengals in Free Agency later for that matter, another Last Place team in need of player moves.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2019, 01:14 AM)kevin Wrote: Free Agency starts with Big Money in baseball & football. Then as weeks go by, some players have to drop their money expectations a little. Last Place Reds could use more help and they admit that. There are a lot of interesting players still Free Agents early in January at every position. A lot of relief pitchers and starters. This pitching coach Reds got from Milwaukee loves a strong bullpen. Bell still looking for starters.

Now in 2017 Wood and Gio Gonzales were good. They both struggled in 2018. Reds have Wood. Gio is still a free agent. I wouldn't mind Reds trying him if they can get him to come down on his price. Wood could bounce back and be very good again and so could Gio. There are other starters who could be steals at the right price. Gio is just one option on starters. There are very good relievers still not signed. Reds could put together a Nasty Boys Bullpen. The pitching coach from Milwaukee would be all for it.

So Free Agency isn't over by a long shot. Google up MLB Free Agents and many good players still out there. End of January or February Reds may just get some real bargains as players come down on price a little. The Reds could go into April with one heck of a team. Reds on Reds.com say they are looking at many more player moves. As it should be considering how awful Reds have been. The list of unsigned free agents is too long to post. Reds could get some good deals on good players as Winter turns to Spring. So could Bengals in Free Agency later for that matter, another Last Place team in need of player moves.
You’re right. Last years free agency played out different than recent years. There definitely could be some good deals. Gio’s probably gonna produce similar to what is already slotted at number 4 and 5 currently. I would like to see them aim higher but there’s no such thing as starting a season with too many decent starting pitchers.
Reply/Quote
I'd love to see them snatch up a couple more pitchers. Like Circleville says you can't have to many !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2019, 12:40 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'd love to see them snatch up a couple more pitchers. Like Circleville says you can't have to many !

In theory you actually can.. If you're having to plug in the catcher to play SS or CF you probably have too many starting pitchers or some other problems.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote