Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds month of June game thread
Well the Reds chased a great pitcher yesterday after 3 innings and pretty much dominated the game. Mahle still has his 2 out nobody on 0-2 count on the batter give up a couple walks thin going on but we got thru it.

We ended up the first two months of the season 27-30. I believe there's 31 games left until the All-Star break. We need to go on a couple 7-3 runs before the break.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We'll definitely get above .500 this month, hopefully it's sooner rather later though.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2019, 07:28 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Well the Reds chased a great pitcher yesterday after 3 innings and pretty much dominated the game. Mahle still has his 2 out nobody on 0-2 count on the batter give up a couple walks thin going on but we got thru it.

We ended up the first two months of the season 27-30. I believe there's 31 games left until the All-Star break. We need to go on a couple 7-3 runs before the break.

Good job starting June.  Yes, my Reds 2018 thread not as good as this.  Baseball 6 months and last months of school year and graduations through summer to next school year.  The month by month better.  As I said at start of season, game by game or even week by week would be too much like work.  So great job keeping it going with Month Of June Reds Thread. 

Reds start June at 3 games under .500 and that isn't bad considering the awful 1-8 or 1-9 start to season and the awful batting averages early on.  Votto has hit in 7 straight games he's played after awful start.  Reds have pitching and Reds hitting is getting good.  Reds are right in this thing.  I want to be able to say that July 1st, that Reds are still in the race going into 4th of July and All-Star Game.

June means we could be getting close to seeing Gennett and Wood. That would be like making deadline trades for good players if they come back and play good ball. Reds fan haven't seen Wood yet, but when he is healthy and on, he is one of the better lefty starters in the game. We have not had Wood, Gray, Roark added to Castillo yet, but that could still happen.

GO REDS. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Tanner Roark just hit a homer!!!!!
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Winker must be an old Comanche word for "Rally Killing Double Play".

He seems to spend too much time thinking at the plate. They need to send him down to AAA for a bit. He has the cocky attitude of a star and he's still an unproven punk. Let him go down and sit next to Schebler for a couple of weeks. That'll straighten out his thought process for awhile.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
So Sunday is the rubber game. Sonny Gray vs Mad Max, and one tough pitcher to face to stay 3 games under .500 or fall to 5 games under. GO REDS.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2019, 05:22 PM)kevin Wrote: Good job starting June.  Yes, my Reds 2018 thread not as good as this.  Baseball 6 months and last months of school year and graduations through summer to next school year.  The month by month better.  As I said at start of season, game by game or even week by week would be too much like work.  So great job keeping it going with Month Of June Reds Thread. 

Reds start June at 3 games under .500 and that isn't bad considering the awful 1-8 or 1-9 start to season and the awful batting averages early on.  Votto has hit in 7 straight games he's played after awful start.  Reds have pitching and Reds hitting is getting good.  Reds are right in this thing.  I want to be able to say that July 1st, that Reds are still in the race going into 4th of July and All-Star Game.

June means we could be getting close to seeing Gennett and Wood.  That would be like making deadline trades for good players if they come back and play good ball.  Reds fan haven't seen Wood yet, but when he is healthy and on, he is one of the better lefty starters in the game. We have not had Wood, Gray, Roark added to Castillo yet, but that could still happen.

GO REDS. 

Lets hope we get that fairly soon. I've all but give up on Disco and Mahle isn't far behind him ? They're number 5's at best and I'm not even sure they're that ?

Why not try Lorenzen or Garrett starting ? Or what about bringing Sims up again ?
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2019, 07:06 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Winker must be an old Comanche word for "Rally Killing Double Play".

He seems to spend too much time thinking at the plate. They need to send him down to AAA for a bit. He has the cocky attitude of a star and he's still an unproven punk. Let him go down and sit next to Schebler for a couple of weeks. That'll straighten out his thought process for awhile.

Winker has to be among the league leaders in bouncing into double plays ! And I agree, send his ass down to AAA for a week. Those 10 HR's have gone to his head or something ?
Reply/Quote
I went to game today and saw Roak's homer. It was great. Winker hit into two double plays and at the exact same spot near ss/2nd base. It was momentum killer.

Puig is a giant but hits like Jane. I do not think Puig will be in the Red's long-term plans.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I don't think Puig is in anybody's long term plans. His trade value might get Rookie Davis back in a Reds uniform.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
Puig’s .214 AVG and .646 OPS screams for another Bobble Head!
Reply/Quote
Too much Mad Max and 15 K's. Reds blew their chance to win series Saturday against a lesser pitcher and they kept loading the bases but no runs. They left 12 men on base in first few innings Saturday. Oh well, at least Nationals didn't sweep them. Reds go back to 5 under .500

Now a Monday off, and Reds were in need of Thursday off and now Monday off after all the road games. The good news it won't be Mad Max on Tuesday but for Reds it will be Castillo. Shake it off and GO REDS Tuesday.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I think we all knew today would be a tough day. Giving up the 2 runs in the top of the 8th hurt especially since the Reds had a little something going in the bottom of the 8th. Strike zone got awfully big on Votto that inning. Looked at 3 straight all called strikes but the last 2 were clearly outside the zone.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Perhaps getting out of GABP to St Louis will motivate the team to go out and bite the heads off little baby cardinals for three then go chew up and spit out the Phillies..  One can dream anyway..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I hate ESPN . . . another thread, another time . . . but they do have a pretty kickass layout for a MLB team's schedule.

http://http://www.espn.com/mlb/team/schedule/_/name/cin

Castillo vs Nola on Sunday! The last time he pitched against a top pitcher, both pitchers got shelled, maybe this time we'll get the pitching duel we expected. This has a chance of being a 90 minute game if Castillo has command of his pitches.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
Reds turn to Castillo Today to avoid falling 6 games under .500 and climb back to 4 games under .500 ball. Since Castillo is the new Cueto in that he is one of the best pitchers in baseball in 2019 and an easy All-Star choice, Reds have a good chance of winning. Score him some runs, GO REDS. As Bench use to say about Gullett, Castillo is the guy you want on the mound tonight.

Molina, still a top hitting catcher, is on IL. Watch out for Carpenter heating up last few weeks as Votto has. Both had slow starts but starting to hit like they have in past.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2019, 09:16 AM)kevin Wrote: Reds turn to Castillo Today to avoid falling 6 games under .500 and climb back to 4 games under .500 ball.  Since Castillo is the new Cueto 

Castillo is becoming a Cardinal killer. 1.29 ERA over his last 4 starts against them.

HUGE win to start this road trip.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2019, 11:32 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Castillo is becoming a Cardinal killer. 1.29 ERA over his last 4 starts against them.

HUGE win to start this road trip.

He was scaring me the first couple innings with the walks but he settled down and got it done. I know in the big picture it's still early but he just may be an ace ?
Reply/Quote
OK, back up to 4 games under .500 so maybe just win tonight and guarantee leaving St Louis at 4 games under or maybe even 2 games under .500

GO REDS
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
With Wednesday postponed to August due to rain, Reds will be either 3 games under .500 or 5 games under as they came to St Louis at, after today. GO REDS.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote