Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds month of June game thread
(06-10-2019, 04:15 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think a win streak would give them confidence. Gennett should help.

We are 17 games from the halfway point of the season, and we have been very consistently average.  Since starting 1-4 we have been between 7 and 3 games under .500 for the last ten weeks.  We need a hot streak to get back in the race.
Reply/Quote
Circleville Guy made this post in the "1/4 of the season is already over' thread. I added the current average of these players after his listing of their averages from 22 games ago. I'll do it again at the halfway mark

Quote:42 games, man that flew by. This murders row should cost the hitting coach his job, 42 games is too long to hit this bad as a team.

Barnhart  .167 . . . .197 current average +30 from May 14th
Votto       .207 . . . .256 +49 
Peraza     .207 . . . .214 +7
Puig        .212 . . . .207 -5
Senzel     .217 . . . .273 +56 - Had only played in 11 games at that point
Winker    .219 . . . .237 +18
Farmer    .231 . . . .221 -10
Dietrich   .233 . . . .248 +15
Suarez    .252 . . . .265 +13
Iglesias   .289 . . . .291 +2
Casali     .291 . . . .297 +6
Adding in that Schebler batted .123 and was replaced by Senzel but Kemp's .200 average was replaced by Ervin (.250) and VanMeter (.226).

Tanner Roark is batting .211. I HATE watching the pitcher bat 8th, however . . . I'd love to see Roark batting 7th next start with Barnhart 8th and Puig 9th. That will probably light a fire under Puig's ass unlike anything else so far.

I still call bullshit on the "hamstring strain" for Votto. I think Bell benched him for dropping the double play ball against Pittsburgh. I really, REALLY hate forcing myself to say this but David Bell has seemed a lot less stupid than he did a few weeks ago. 

Other "Off Day" stats to ponder
Suarez is the only Red to play in all 64 games
60 games for Iglesias, Dietrich and Peraza
Puig has played in 59 games
Votto and Winker 58
Barnhart 52
Farmer 46
Lorenzen 41(28 as a pitcher)
Casali 39
Senzel 33
VanMeter 23

RBI
41 Suarez
37 Dietrich
33 Puig
22 Iglesias
18 Barnhart
18 Winker
16 Casali
16 Farmer
15 Peraza
14 Votto
13 Senzel

Home runs given up by Reds pitchers
0 Reed in 6.1 innings . . . Reed - 3 games, 6 hits, 1 BB, 7 K's, only Reds pitcher to not give up a home run in 2019.
1 Sims in 7.1 innings . . . One Hell of a spot start right when they needed it.
1 Bowman in 7.2 innings
2 Stephenson in 25 innings . . . Was it a mirage that's fading or has he actually turned it around?
2 Garrett in 27.2 innings
2 Hernandez in 28 innings
3 Duke in 17 innings . . . 5.82 is the team's worst ERA but down after a terrible start. After the last few seasons, I'll take 5.82.
3 Hughes in 28.2 innings
4 Peralta in 22 innings
4 Iglesias in 29 innings
4 Lorenzen in 33.2 innings
4 Gray in 66.2 innings
5 Roark in 67.1 innings . . . This dude is a pitcher. Flat out. Like Chris Welsh said "I love watching Roark battle hitters".
6 Castillo in 75.2 innings
12 Mahle in 66.1 innings . . . He has lots of great starts ruined by 2 or 3 pitches, usually grouped near the 90 pitch mark.
14 DeSclafani in 59.1 innings . . . I love Disco, he was kind of the "ace" for a couple of years and he always gave up homers, but something isn't right with him. If Wood can come back, does Disco go to the bullpen or do they hide him on the DL and put him down in the minors in rehab status?

Records of all starting pitchers
6-1 Castillo (13 starts) . . . Castillo's only loss is 1-0 to the Brewer's Peralta, who has been demoted to the bullpen.
4-5 Roark (13) . . . Reds run support in all 5 Roark losses - 1, 1, 3, 2(Roark with 2 RBI), 1. Total of 8 in 5 losses.
2-5 Gray (13) . . . Reds run support in all 5 Gray losses - 0, 0, 2, 2, 1. Total of 5 in 5 losses
2-6 Mahle (12) . . . Reds run support in all 6 Mahle losses - 1, 3, 3, 0, 0, 2. Total of 9 in 6 losses
2-3 DeSclafani (12) . . . Reds run support in all 3 DeSclafani losses - 5, 0, 2. Total of 7 in 3 losses
1-0 Sims (1)
17-20 record by the starters.

27 runs scored by the Reds in the 20 losses by the Reds starters.
68 runs scored by the Reds in the 15 losses by the Reds bullpen. 20 of those runs were in 2 games.
12-11 in 11 innings to the Giants after leading 8-0(Zach Duke was the only Reds pitcher to not give up a run that day)
11-9 to the Brewers.

Sorry. I was bored and have good weed.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2019, 07:47 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Circleville Guy made this post in the "1/4 of the season is already over' thread. I added the current average of these players after his listing of their averages from 22 games ago. I'll do it again at the halfway mark

Adding in that Schebler batted .123 and was replaced by Senzel but Kemp's .200 average was replaced by Ervin (.250) and VanMeter (.226).

Tanner Roark is batting .211. I HATE watching the pitcher bat 8th, however . . . I'd love to see Roark batting 7th next start with Barnhart 8th and Puig 9th. That will probably light a fire under Puig's ass unlike anything else so far.

I still call bullshit on the "hamstring strain" for Votto. I think Bell benched him for dropping the double play ball against Pittsburgh. I really, REALLY hate forcing myself to say this but David Bell has seemed a lot less stupid than he did a few weeks ago. 

Votto and Winker 58
Barnhart 52
Farmer 46
Casali 39
Senzel 33
VanMeter 23

RBI
41 Suarez
37 Dietrich
33 Puig
22 Iglesias
18 Barnhart
18 Winker
16 Casali
16 Farmer
15 Peraza
14 Votto
13 Senzel

0 Reed in 6.1 innings . . . Reed - 3 games, 6 hits, 1 BB, 7 K's, only Reds pitcher to not give up a home run in 2019.
1 Bowman in 7.2 innings
2 Stephenson in 25 innings . . . Was it a mirage that's fading or has he actually turned it around?
3 Duke in 17 innings . . . 5.82 is the team's worst ERA but down after a terrible start. After the last few seasons, I'll take 5.82.
3 Hughes in 28.2 innings
4 Peralta in 22 innings
4 Iglesias in 29 innings
4 Gray in 66.2 innings
5 Roark in 67.1 innings . . . This dude is a pitcher. Flat out. Like Chris Welsh said "I love watching Roark battle hitters".
12 Mahle in 66.1 innings . . . He has lots of great starts ruined by 2 or 3 pitches, usually grouped near the 90 pitch mark.
14 DeSclafani in 59.1 innings . . . I love Disco, he was kind of the "ace" for a couple of years and he always gave up homers, but something isn't right with him. If Wood can come back, does Disco go to the bullpen or do they hide him on the DL and put him down in the minors in rehab status?

6-1 Castillo (13 starts) . . . Castillo's only loss is 1-0 to the Brewer's Peralta, who has been demoted to the bullpen.
4-5 Roark (13) . . . Reds run support in all 5 Roark losses - 1, 1, 3, 2(Roark with 2 RBI), 1. Total of 8 in 5 losses.
2-5 Gray (13) . . . Reds run support in all 5 Gray losses - 0, 0, 2, 2, 1. Total of 5 in 5 losses
2-6 Mahle (12) . . . Reds run support in all 6 Mahle losses - 1, 3, 3, 0, 0, 2. Total of 9 in 6 losses
2-3 DeSclafani (12) . . . Reds run support in all 3 DeSclafani losses - 5, 0, 2. Total of 7 in 3 losses
1-0 Sims (1)

68 runs scored by the Reds in the 15 losses by the Reds bullpen. 20 of those runs were in 2 games.
12-11 in 11 innings to the Giants after leading 8-0(Zach Duke was the only Reds pitcher to not give up a run that day)
11-9 to the Brewers.

Nice breakdown thanks for posting
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Bring in Iglesias to face the bottom of the order and can't get anyone out. Disappointing loss.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2019, 07:47 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Circleville Guy made this post in the "1/4 of the season is already over' thread. I added the current average of these players after his listing of their averages from 22 games ago. I'll do it again at the halfway mark

Votto and Winker 58
Barnhart 52
Farmer 46
Casali 39
Senzel 33
VanMeter 23

RBI
41 Suarez
37 Dietrich
33 Puig
22 Iglesias
18 Barnhart
18 Winker
16 Casali
16 Farmer
15 Peraza
14 Votto
13 Senzel

1 Bowman in 7.2 innings
3 Hughes in 28.2 innings
4 Peralta in 22 innings
4 Iglesias in 29 innings
4 Gray in 66.2 innings

1-0 Sims (1)

11-9 to the Brewers.

Wow, thanks for all of that work. I didn’t realize that Mahle had given up that many long balls. I wonder what his splits are with homers given up at home and away.
Reply/Quote
I think this season is a sell season. We fought for 2 months to get to 3 games under .500. And in just 12 days of June, they're already back down to 7 games under haha.
Reply/Quote
Bauer & Castillo are 2 top pitchers and so it was a pitchers game. As for Iglesias in the 10th giving up winning run, he is one of the few Reds that should be considered for All-Star Game, he and Castillo.

So Reds have a key game as they had Sunday with Philly. Same situation. A loss puts them closer to 10 under .500 and a win keeps them closer to 5 under.

So GO REDS. Get the win. Yes, the Reds reached 3 under and then came Washington, Philly and now Cleveland, no easy games. A Reds win today to stay more near 5 than 10 under going into 15th of month would be a good win.

4-1 Reds but Indians bat 4 more innings. Far from over. Hold on Reds.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Coming into today, the Reds are 11-10 with Casali starting . . . which puts them at 18-26 with Barnhart starting. They are leading in the 8th today with Casali starting and hitting a solo shot.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
REDS WIN. Just as BIG as the win Sunday. Reds leave Philly 6 under .500 and leave Cleveland 6 under. They could have fell way back, but they didn't.

Now Texas Rangers coming to Cincy this weekend. Mahle, Roarke, Gray on the mound this weekend.

Win a series at home. Get that first game Friday. GO REDS

Way too early to be talking selling players at trade deadline AND with Reds in Last Place too many years in a row, don't do that. Trading for money under the table and some minor league nobody's has been the way too many years in a row accepting Last Place the last 2 months. Reds could get Scooter and Wood back. Don't pack it in early as Reds have last 4 or 5 years.

So get after Texas and lets put the loser talk away of trading for minor league nobody's as last 5 years. Reds fans deserve better.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Red's need a 10 game win streak. damnit.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(06-12-2019, 09:10 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Red's need a 10 game win streak.  damnit.

Yes they do

They badly need to get red hot to close out the 1st half ! 8 wins in a row and take like 15 of the final 21 before break.

If they've any chance at a late run they have to stay close to the top. If you're fighting with a couple teams for the wildcard you have a chance. If there's a bunch of teams around you and ahead of you it's very hard to beat em all.
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2019, 05:33 PM)kevin Wrote: REDS WIN. Just as BIG as the win Sunday. Reds leave Philly 6 under .500 and leave Cleveland 6 under. They could have fell way back, but they didn't.

Now Texas Rangers coming to Cincy this weekend. Mahle, Roarke, Gray on the mound this weekend.

Win a series at home. Get that first game Friday. GO REDS

Way too early to be talking selling players at trade deadline AND with Reds in Last Place too many years in a row, don't do that. Trading for money under the table and some minor league nobody's has been the way too many years in a row accepting Last Place the last 2 months. Reds could get Scooter and Wood back. Don't pack it in early as Reds have last 4 or 5 years.

So get after Texas and lets put the loser talk away of trading for minor league nobody's as last 5 years. Reds fans deserve better.

The Reds need to take 4 or the next 6, winning 3 at home does absolutely nothing. I disagree on not trading if the team doesn’t close the gap soon, there are just too many teams to leapfrog and they aren’t all going to play below .500. The Reds will eventually need to win 60-70% of their remaining games. Trading some guys like Puig will allow other prospects to play, it’s not like they would miss his play. Once they look to be out of it, they need to evaluate young guys that may be here next year. They have to listen to all trade offers. Identify your nucleus and build from it. Getting a jump on next year team is the way to go unless they are a couple of games out of the wildcard by the break.
Reply/Quote
Pirates 7 game losing streak puts the Reds in 4th place by a game
Record GB Club
39-29 0.0 Milwaukee
38-29 0.5 Chicago
33-33 5.0 St. Louis
30-36 8.0 Cincinnati
30-38 9.0 Pittsburgh

Mahle starts on Friday . . . his last start was on . . . Friday. MLB needs to pull back on these off days. I know that they increased them this year due to the CBA, but this is a big part of why the league is down in hitting this season. The pitchers are TOO rested now, especially the bullpen.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
Puig should try something new, like swing late on every ***** pitch.

He's done. Trade him, bench him, move on. It's irritating watching him do he same mistakes over and over and apparently not give a shit.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
Gosh the Reds suck.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2019, 09:44 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Puig should try something new, like swing late on every ***** pitch.

He's done. Trade him, bench him, move on. It's irritating watching him do he same mistakes over and over and apparently not give a shit.

He actually had 3 hits. He’s 6 for 12 in the last 3 games and has raised his average .015 from a crappy .207 to a still crappy .222. I’m hoping that he can somehow get on fire and jump to .250 by the AllStar Game and the Reds can trade him for a low level prospect with some hope.
Reply/Quote
Reds took a beating yesterday. Back down around 7 games under .500 and Reds need to get some wins. Scooter Gennett and Alex Wood are about ready to play in some minor league rehab games and maybe rejoin Reds as early as 9 or 10 days from now. So Reds need to stay in this thing so these guys will be like adding players at trade deadline. Stay in this thing.

I really don't care about scores. Some fans get all excited if Reds win 13 to 0 or lose 13 to 0. I don't. Last nights beating is just a loss. maybe better than a close game loss because they should have saved best bullpen for next game. The only thing these scores mean is some Reds starting pitcher will take a seat when Wood gets here in about a week or so. I would say it comes down to Disco or Mahle on what they do over the next week or so. Maybe one goes to the pen and that one pitcher struggling in pen gets sent down. The only thing about last night score was that the pitcher may not be starting when Wood gets with team.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Well I finally got to my first game of the season and got to see the Reds smell the place up on offense. There was just no fire, no energy on the team at all, at the plate except for Puig. He had 3 solid line drive hits probably first time all season he's done so well but the rest of the team phoned it in. Senzel had a solid HR at the end but the only other hit was Votto in the 1st, bunch of strike outs !

Couple observations: They need to keep Jose Iglesias the dude is an awesome SS on defense. He had an awesome put out on a diving stop right in front of us we were just behind 3rd.

Puig is a guy that just is what he is. He had a great diving catch to steal a base hit away but there was a ball an inning or two before that hit in the gap and he was just totally jogging to get it with no sense of urgency at all ! It was probably a double anyway but I didn't like the lack of effort. I've heard it said he likes to try and bait guys and then show off his arm. Perhaps that was his thinking but I don't like it. You just never know when he's gonna turn it on and when he's gonna lollygag ?

Mahle is just snake bit or something ? He figures out a way nearly every start to screw up. Between walking guys, hitting guys, not paying attention to runners, you name it ? He's often his own worst enemy. When Wood gets back I'm not sure who should go, him or Disco it's close !

Every game that goes by I'm leaning more and more towards Peraza was just a flash in the pan last season.

Here's to hoping Wood and Scooter can give us a shot in the arm.
Reply/Quote
Well I was at the game also yesterday. Decent crowd, not sure what was announced, but deserved a better game. Mahle gave up a hit, hit a batter, threw a wild pitch, all in the 1st few batters. Threw 96 pitches in 4 and 1/3 innings, then Peralta came in and threw 34 pitches in 2/3 of an inning and gave up a grand slam. We were routed early. Gotta throw strikes.
Reply/Quote
2-0 after one half of an inning . . . sure looks pretty insurmountable with this team.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote