Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds month of May games thread
Here's to hoping its a better month for us Cheers
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Good job starting May thread. Winning Mets series would be a good start. A split we could live with. Losing the 4 game series would mean an 0-2 start to May, don't need that. GO REDS IN NY.

I hope they don't pitch Iglesias today. I really hated seeing him come into game yesterday after his great 2 innings the night before. Don't blow his arm out. Reds use to have racist idea that Latins have rubber arms, which came from Pedro Bourbon on 1970's. No, they are flesh and blood, not rubber. Reds ruined a lot of Latin pitchers that way. They would start Mario Soto and then pitch him in relief next nights. Marty & Joe would complain that Soto looks so good 4 or 5 nights in a row but then 6 games in a row has a bad game. Reds ruined a good pitcher in Soto and other Latin pitchers. I don't think the Reds are that stupid anymore. I don't hear Reds announcers talking about Latin Rubber Arms as much. Iglesias needs a game off today on May 1st and they better give him one. Rest him today so they can have him on Thursday. Otherwise he isn't going to be as good on the mound if they pitch him every game, and they will injure him.

I hope Reds win today and closer Iglesias gets a needed game off. The 2 innings of work Monday took something off his game Tuesday. If he pitched Sunday, that's even worse. He needs today off. You can't pitch him 162 games a year. If they pitch him 2 or 3 innings in future, he needs the next game off. Don't ruin our Ace Closer. We have a good bullpen if they mix them up and don't blow their arms off halfway through season. Somebody else has to get a few save situations besides Iglesias now and then. Reds Star Chapman pitched Cubs into game 7 of World Series, but he should have never been in game 7 after all that pitching . Still, I can see the thinking of game 7 of World Series with long time to rest after. So Chapman was not himself game 7, but Cubs came back and won, and they would not have been in game 7 without great season and World Series by Chapman. Todays Mets game is not Game 7 of World Series, and Iglesias needs a game off. You could see that last night on the mound. He had pitched too many innings Monday Night.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Senzel promoted Friday! New Day in Cincinnati. Schebler is feeling the heat. Feel sorry for the vet.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2019, 08:03 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Senzel promoted Friday!  New Day in Cincinnati.  Schebler is feeling the heat.  Feel sorry for the vet.

We need him bad ! something has to spark this offense.
Reply/Quote
Bases loaded in 4th on E, walk, hit batter. Puig and Barnhart strike out, zero runs scored. They just can't capitalize on anything !
Reply/Quote
Same story different game. Disco pitches one of his best games of the year. Offense can't buy a hit, Votto strikes out looking.....again

I'd like to know how many strike outs looking he has this season ?
Reply/Quote
It's just dumbfounding how pathetic this team is at the plate !

Team batting average .212 - worst in all of MLB

Team on base % .286 - 27th

Runs per game - 3.76 - 25th and that's padded a bit by two 12 run games or they'd probably be last

It just makes no sense
Reply/Quote
Because of great pitching they turned a 0-0 game into 1-0 win and a good deal of trolling of Mets fans by Winker to cap it off.. I worry about the kid. He's gonna get drilled in the head if he keeps it up. The pitcher who does it should be kicked out of baseball, but the damage will likely to have been done anyway.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Nice May 1st Win. 1-0 Disco, Peralta, Hughes, Duke, Lorenzen combine for a shutout. SS-Iglesias hits homer to win game.

I'm going on box scores because I wasn't in mood for baseball again tonight.

Glad to see P-Iglesias got a much needed game off. Lorenzen getting his 2nd save. That's the way to do it. Now Iglesias can be used Thursday if needed. Let Lorenzen get a save now and then to give him a break. Looks like he is capable. It's a long season.

So Reds have at least tied Mets in this series, but a win tomorrow would give Reds the series win. Reds now 4 games under .500
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Ok
Red's need 3 additional pitchers. I think Gray was good signing. Castillo (meh) is now the ace. Disco is back.
Even if Wood plays well, I do not think the Red's should offer him a long-term contract because his health history. SO I think they will try to move Kemp, and Puig before break. And let Wood walk after this year. I do not know about Mahle. But if he can get it together, then they need to quality pitchers.

The Hitting will come. I think Senzel and Gennett will spark the offense. Maybe not bat Votto in lead-off. I do not know if that is working. If the Red's simply match what they are doing and hit for average, they may win 86-88 games this year. Seriously. The batting woes are real and blows my mind.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2019, 11:41 PM)grampahol Wrote: Because of great pitching they turned a 0-0 game into 1-0 win and a good deal of trolling of Mets fans by Winker to cap it off.. I worry about the kid. He's gonna get drilled in the head if he keeps it up. The pitcher who does it should be kicked out of baseball, but the damage will likely to have been done anyway.. 

The hell with New York fans and media.  Familia started it Monday night beaning Iglesias on purpose instead of walking him.  That was a nasty pitch that put Iglesias in the dirt.  Nowhere near the plate, up around his head. Got him in the upper body, not near the plate, right in the middle of him.  So when Winker hit home run he ran into dugout and high five with Iglesias who had been beaned.  Yes Reds were ticked off at Familia, so they really celebrated that win.  Oh, New York doesn't like it. The hell with New York.  They act like Winker is the bad guy.  It's Familia who is the bad guy.  If Reds play the Mets and not a close game, a Met has a bean ball coming his way, probably the catcher on that Familia bean ball.  Could happen Thursday or when Mets play at Cincy. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Reds are 30th in league in batting
2nd in league in ERA.
Blows my mind.

Also, they should sign Iglesias and Dietrich to long term contracts.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2019, 01:07 AM)kevin Wrote: The hell with New York fans and media.  Familia started it Monday night beaning Iglesias on purpose instead of walking him.  That was a nasty pitch that put Iglesias in the dirt.  Nowhere near the plate, up around his head. Got him in the upper body, not near the plate, right in the middle of him.  So when Winker hit home run he ran into dugout and high five with Iglesias who had been beaned.  Yes Reds were ticked off at Familia, so they really celebrated that win.  Oh, New York doesn't like it. The hell with New York.  They act like Winker is the bad guy.  It's Familia who is the bad guy.  If Reds play the Mets and not a close game, a Met has a bean ball coming his way, probably the catcher on that Familia bean ball.  Could happen Thursday or when Mets play at Cincy. 

So what you're saying is you're fine with Winker getting his head taken off by a disgruntled Mets pitcher? Please clarify.. That's what happens when teams decide to go tit for tat in the beaning department. I could care less about the NY media and fans myself, but I do worry that some of this hyped up trolling of fans can lead to bad blood between batter and pitcher. 
I like Jesse and like his style of play, but not everyone sees it the same way and pitchers have the ultimate weapon against a batter in the box, the bean ball. Players have been permanently injured that way. The last thing this team needs now is to have Jesse sent to the ER and see the possible end of his baseball career.

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2019, 01:43 AM)grampahol Wrote: So what you're saying is you're fine with Winker getting his head taken off by a disgruntled Mets pitcher? Please clarify.. That's what happens when teams decide to go tit for tat in the beaning department. I could care less about the NY media and fans myself, but I do worry that some of this hyped up trolling of fans can lead to bad blood between batter and pitcher. 
I like Jesse and like his style of play, but not everyone sees it the same way and pitchers have the ultimate weapon against a batter in the box, the bean ball. Players have been permanently injured that way. The last thing this team needs now is to have Jesse sent to the ER and see the possible end of his baseball career.

No I'm not fine with Winker getting beaned and to me Winker has done nothing wrong. The villain here is Mets Familia Monday Night.  Winker isn't the first Red to get a hard time in New York.  Joe Nuxhall hated to go to New York.  Marty would kid Joe if he was going to do the town. Joe would say he was going from hotel to ballpark and can't wait for flight home.  He said he hated going to New York.  So I'm saying Winker has done nothing wrong.  The Mets Famillia is the villain of the series, and now the NY Fans and Media for being a bunch of Jerks. 

Game time is Noon on Fox Ohio.  As Joe would say, Win the game, get on the plane, and no more regular season games at NY Mets in 2019.  Just like Jack Lemmon Out Of Towners movie Nuxhall said he liked, get on the plane and get the hell out of New York.  Sounds like the leaving part is best part of a trip to NY. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Watching game 4 at NY Mets. It's only 1-0 Mets lead, but Mahle has thrown a lot of pitches after 4 innings. I'm already thinking of Sweet Lou with a pitcher in 7th, a pitcher in 8th and a pitcher in 9th. Mahle at pitch 91 early in 5th, just gave up a double. May need a long reliever soon for 5th and 6th.

Reds are hitting the ball hard off Mets pitcher but for outs. If some of those start going for hits, Reds can get that run back.

They switched to MPH. Not 91 pitches earlier, but after 5, still 1-0 and Mahle around 87 pitches. They switch that box back and forth on FOX from MPH to pitch count. Still thinking he will need relief help soon.

Reds top of order in 6th, get that run back.

Yep, Duke in to start bottom of 6th.

Duke gets job done, on to 7th, still 1-0. If Reds can't score 1 run, they can't win anyway. GO REDS

I question lefty Votto not playing against a righty that throws nothing but fastballs which Votto can hit.

Like Sweet Lou, Stephenson on in the 7th. Mowed them down 1-2-3.....Reds need to score that 1 run to tie. Running out of at bats.

Too much Syndergaard. Still 1-0 after 8 and turns out he has owned Votto in his career. I would think Votto could hit a righty fastball. He mowed Votto down pinch hitting in 8th. Syndergaard hit the home run that has it 1-0 also. It's his day so far.

Hernandez in 8th. He mows them down. Reds have 3 outs to get 1 run in 9th. For drama in NY the lead off hitter is Winker for fans to Boo more.

There is the afternoon soap opera. Winker thrown out of game arguing strike 2, and Bell thrown out of game.

Now 2 outs, but Dietrick on as tying run. Puig at plate. Strike Out. 100 MPH that Reds announcers said was a ball, not a strike.

Some help by ump, but Today was all Syndergaard as he pitches complete game shutout, hits home run in 1-0 game, gives Mets bullpen a rest day. At 6'6" and 230 lbs, he could play TE for Bengals. A big pitcher, his homer no surprise, a big guy.

At least Reds tied the Mets 4 game series.

Game less than 2 and 1/2 hours. I'm old school and 4 hour games bore me. This was how fast games went when I was a kid. Just wish Reds would have won.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Winker got tossed for maybe the first time ever and Bell for the 3rd time this year after a called strike 2 that looked clearly up and out despite fox trax showing it hit the top right corner. And if Bell didn't get tossed there he would have during Puig's at bat. He struck out on 3 pitches with the first and third looking and both clearly outside. Completely horrible 9th for the home plate ump.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
On the bright side they'll probably set a new modern era record for 4 hit games.. I'm amazed they've won the few they've actually won.. 

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2019, 12:06 AM)grampahol Wrote: On the bright side they'll probably set a new modern era record for 4 hit games.. I'm amazed they've won the few they've actually won.. 

And 2 and 3 hit games as well
Reply/Quote
Wow Dietrich with 2 ab's and 2 3-run homers so far!
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2019, 09:02 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Wow Dietrich with 2 ab's and 2 3-run homers so far!

He hammered em ! And now Gray can't get the ball over the plate,
Reply/Quote