Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds month of May games thread
Ha! The only games I've missed all season the Reds have won .. I missed the Marlins game with the high score, I think a SD game and of course today's game.. I'm thinking if I cancel mlb.TV and unable to see games here in SC they'll be in first place by the AS break..
NAHHHH.. Bell's too freakin stupid to pull it off.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Another reason that I hate the shift is , as a pitcher, you're forcing me to pitch INTO the batter's strengths. If I place a perfect backdoor slider to a lefty and he pokes it into left field instead of what should have been a routine ground ball to 3rd base, I'ma be storming around the mound, pretty ***** pissed off. I did MY JOB, asshole. You and your Jenius plans screwed this up.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
So the Reds split the series with the Giants, sad. They easily could have swept this series at a minimum went 3-1.

They're 15-20 now six games out and eight games down to the Cubs in the loss column. With any offense at all this team would be in 1st place easy.

Senzel has tied Votto in HR's with 3 in just 4 games. Votto must have got an RBI today as he's up to 6, Senzel has 3. How many more games you think it will take for Senzel to pass him ? I'll say three.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2019, 02:55 AM)kevin Wrote: There is no excuse today for Iglesias.  Early in week Bell had over pitched him. That wasn't the case today, he was rested.  I'm starting to see and it's not just this year. Iglesias gives up a lot of homers each year for a 9th inning closer, probably more than any closer in baseball or close to it. It is his big weakness.  

2 players Reds count on stink as Reds are in Last Place.  Votto and reliever Iglesias.  Look at Votto's batting average. Look at Iglesias ERA as a closer.  That's all you have to look at to see why Reds again in Last Place.  For all their trades, for all their manager and coaching changes, in spite of players like Dietrich and SS-Iglesias being nice surprise additions, in spite of pitching much better this year,  they still have Votto who seems to be more Last Place than First Place. 

Bell took Dietrich out of game Friday after hitting 2 homers.  Dietrich hit a homer Saturday.  Bell took Dietrich out of game Sunday after hitting 4th homer in 3 days.  Bell and Reds are Determined NOT to play Dietrich.  Reds are all about getting these futures players up from the minors.  Bell is over managing.  The Reds make no sense and they deserve Last Place.  To have a player as hot as Dietrich is and keep pulling him to get in other players is just stupid.  Meanwhile the great Votto plays all the time and really stinks and he stunk it up all 2018 also. 

So right now their big hitter and their big closer stink.  It's Votto that needs taken out of games, not Dietrich.   Iglesias needs to be moved down from closer. Put somebody else in there as the closer for a while.  

The Reds have players that could win now.  Bell keeps taking out the wrong players.  I am not excited about all the minor league players called up.  It's not September.  I'm tired of hearing about years down the road from Reds.  This team has been in Last Place the last 4 or 5 years and Enough is Enough. I'm tired of all the Futures players they groom every year for years down the road.  Dietrich is hitting NOW.  We have pitchers doing good NOW.   Reds need to put up some wins NOW, not 5 years from now. 

If they insist on playing Votto, then Peraza or Senzel need to sit. The outfield should be Puig, Dietrich, Winker at this time, or if you play Senzel then Dietrich at second base. Instead Bell and the Reds are confused. They get rid of Kemp, but instead of it making room to play the hot bats, they bring up these Triple A players. There is no room from Senzel's buddy they called up from minors. What is he, another outfielder ? That's the last thing they need.

The very fact that they keep finding ways not to play Dietrich is why Reds are a Last Place team, AGAIN.

BOO. Reds lost games this week they could have won, should have won. BOO.

So Dietrich hits home runs, Bell takes him out of the games. They bring up Reed who gives them 3 good relief innings and Reds were in dire need of a long reliever anyway, but the day after Reed does good, down goes Reed and up comes Van Meter. NO WONDER REDS IN LAST PLACE. NO WONDER.....BOO

Senzel has to play everyday in my book, his future is Now. I just hope that this small ballpark doesn’t get him out of his disciplined game. Votto has to start because the Reds jumped the gun with his contract and they owe him the moon. If he sucks, he will sit more often. Peraza is the guy that needs to sit. He can only reach base via the hit and he’s not hitting. His defense is adequate but nothing great. Dietrich has earned more playing time and Iglesias looks like an everyday shortstop to me. Puig doesn’t impress me. He has flashes but looks like a very inconsistent player. I’ve been more impressed with Farmer as a future Red than I am with Puig. Wood may not pitch this year and it seems unlikely that if a guy has a bad back for a year and a half that he could ever handle the starter load again. This team isn’t far off with the personnel, this manager has miles to go though.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2019, 09:51 AM)grampahol Wrote: Bell needs to go..there's just no way around it. His managerial decisions have cost this team just too much already. He keeps juggling the lineup with no obvious path forward or even a half decent guess forward, just one stupid move after another. I have been disappointed in Reds and Bengals managers and coaches before, but NOTHING compares to how Bell has fumbled everything right out of the gate.
I hope the stands are absolutely empty tonight and anyone who does attend makes sure to BOO Bell every chance they get and let him and the team know under any certain circumstances he's not wanted any longer..  I'd rather have Marvin managing the Reds at this point.

Don’t give the Reds any ideas. Marvin has too many Cincinnati connections.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2019, 07:26 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: So the Reds split the series with the Giants, sad. They easily could have swept this series at a minimum went 3-1.

They're 15-20 now six games out and eight games down to the Cubs in the loss column. With any offense at all this team would be in 1st place easy.

Senzel has tied Votto in HR's with 3 in just 4 games. Votto must have got an RBI today as he's up to 6, Senzel has 3. How many more games you think it will take for Senzel to pass him ? I'll say three.

I don't think so with Bell at the helm. Bell has proven that with a good offense and great pitching he can still screw it up.

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
When Gennett returns, it will be interesting how sits. I think Dietrich should play everyday. Iglesias at SS might move peraza to outfield. The offense will kick in. Reds need to promote Garrett or Lorenzen to closer until Iggy works things out.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Not sure what Barnhart was thinking there. That was very stupid, especially for a "Gold Glover".

1-0 A's after 2 on a Barnhart Brainfart.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
Reds have no hits though 7 innings by a pitcher with an ERA nearly 6.0 when the game started. Shocked
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
And the Reds bats are pure shit again!
Reply/Quote
Vanmeter pops up Fiers 120th pitch 1 out.
Votto works him full and grounds out on his 126th pitch
Everybody is taking a first pitch fastball for a strike
Suarez fouls off an 0-1 fastball then takes a high fastball for a 1-2 count
Takes another high fastball 2-2
Strikes out on a curveball in the dirt on the 131st pitch

My point is the pitch count is bullshit.

Baseball is a feel game that produces numbers good and bad. If you run it by numbers, you might mis-interpret situations, when you have a feel for the game, you're rarely wrong.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
Mike Fiers of Oakland A's pitches NO HITTER against Reds.

Great pitching job, what can you say. I just added him to my Fantasy Teams and why not. He was a free agent across the boards, and now all my teams have a guy that just pitched a no hitter. plus he was a good pitcher in 2018.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2019, 03:52 AM)kevin Wrote: Mike Fiers of Oakland A's pitches NO HITTER against Reds.

Great pitching job, what can you say.  

While I will indeed tip my cap to the veteran, nice job. He made the pitches he needed to make but I'll still use this as a reason to criticize Bell.

Why was Senzel hitting 6th?

FIND A DAMN LINEUP AND STICK WITH IT!!

Here's what I would generally have 5 or 6 games a week
RH Senzel
LH Winker
RH Suarez
LH Dietrich/Gennett(eventually)
RH Puig
LH Votto
RH Iglesias/Casali
SW Barnhart/ RH Iglesias
Pitcher bats 9th . . . always 9th

Peraza, Farmer and Vanmeter can get the occasional start but most of their playing time will be based on double switches or pinch hitting. 
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2019, 04:34 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: While I will indeed tip my cap to the veteran, nice job. He made the pitches he needed to make but I'll still use this as a reason to criticize Bell.

Why was Senzel hitting 6th?

FIND A DAMN LINEUP AND STICK WITH IT!!

Here's what I would generally have 5 or 6 games a week
RH Senzel
LH Winker
RH Suarez
LH Dietrich/Gennett(eventually)
RH Puig
LH Votto
RH Iglesias/Casali
SW Barnhart/ RH Iglesias
Pitcher bats 9th . . . always 9th

Peraza, Farmer and Vanmeter can get the occasional start but most of their playing time will be based on double switches or pinch hitting. 

Couldn't agree more ! The musical lineup and batting order has to stop. Votto has no business in the lead off spot. Suarez is the team leader in RBI's and he's hitting 2nd ?????? Behind the slowest lead off man in MLB who's batting .218 and tied for the team lead in strike outs !
Reply/Quote
I remember asking just how many no hitters the Reds would have to face this season under the Bell.. It has started. The only question now is HOW MANY? Time for regime change in Cincinnati..

Reply/Quote
(05-08-2019, 09:06 AM)grampahol Wrote: I remember asking just how many no hitters the Reds would have to face this season under the Bell.. It has started. The only question now is HOW MANY? Time for regime change in Cincinnati..

I remember you posting that, good call. 

What's the over/under number ? 4 ?

I'll say under - 3 they'll stop a no no in the 8th in 1 game and stop another couple in the 7th. The rate they're going it wouldn't surprise me if they set records for games of 3 hits or less this season.
Reply/Quote
Without some kind of major overhaul of some sort this team may just set a new record for number of times getting no hit.. Throwing no hitters is also possible although I think getting no hit is more likely.. Every player can't be swinging for the fences at every plate appearance.. That needs to stop although it is a trend in MLB in general. Because some analytic dweeb said it's for the best doesn't necessarily mean it actually is. Players like old Pete would have starved to death in this league these days.

Reply/Quote
(05-08-2019, 03:28 PM)grampahol Wrote: Without some kind of major overhaul of some sort this team may just set a new record for number of times getting no hit.. Throwing no hitters is also possible although I think getting no hit is more likely.. Every player can't be swinging for the fences at every plate appearance.. That needs to stop although it is a trend in MLB in general. Because some analytic dweeb said it's for the best doesn't necessarily mean it actually is. Players like old Pete would have starved to death in this league these days.

Yup

MLB gets a little more boring with every passing season ! They constantly talk about shortening the game because the youngins can't stay focused that long.

I say today's game is way more boring than a game in 1975 ! out, out, out, out, out, out, out, out, out, HR, out, out, out, out, out, out, out,HR,out,out,out,out, out, HR, out, out, out, out, out, out.

How many hit and runs have you seen Bell call this season ? 2 or 3 ? How many bases we tried to steal ? Squeeze plays ?
Reply/Quote
The Reds hosed by Bell's shifts yet again. The reason a 2nd baseman plays at his regular position when a righty is batting is because he might be behind the fastball or hit a breaking pitch off of the end of the bat, which is what happened. Should have been an inning ending play, instead it's an out of position untility player who runs to his left, fields the ball and then tries to switch his feet like a third baseman(a true second baseman would know how to throw that short throw off balance), takes too much time and the Reds give up two runs on a weak ground ball to second base and a bad throw to first.

Tie game 4-4 top of the 6th
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
[Image: 6orss9clfh521.jpg]
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote