Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds month of May games thread
Reds take 2 of 3 from the Cubs!!!
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2019, 12:10 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Reds win series against cubs, very nice.  Votto starting to hit.  I was so wrong about Castillo

So far I've been very wrong about Lorenzen. Hope he keeps it up.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2019, 12:10 AM)cinci4life Wrote: Reds take 2 of 3 from the Cubs!!!

Buddy of mine is a big Cubbies fan and he said that the Cubs had gone 9-0-1 in their last 10 series. This is the first series they lost since the first week of the season or something like that.

I do know that the Reds just started a run of 12 of their last 15 series leading up to the All-Star break against teams that are currently over .500

The three that they face that are not over .500 are the Rangers, Angels(both only 3 under) and the Nationals (18-25) who have Scherzer 3.64 ERA, Strasberg 3.63 and Corbin 2.91 in their rotation.

Going to learn a lot about this team and their boneheaded manager in the next two months
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Are their bats finally starting to come alive ? Or is it just a flash in the pan ? Votto has more hits in the last two games than he has had in the previous three weeks, I didn't look at the stats just saying. Puig has had some hard hit balls including the walk off.

This team has to get the offense going sometime, right ? RIGHT
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2019, 09:20 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Are their bats finally starting to come alive ? Or is it just a flash in the pan ? Votto has more hits in the last two games than he has had in the previous three weeks, I didn't look at the stats just saying. Puig has had some hard hit balls including the walk off.

This team has to get the offense going sometime, right ? RIGHT

I would like a 6-8 win streak.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(05-17-2019, 12:10 AM)cinci4life Wrote: Reds take 2 of 3 from the Cubs!!!
That was a good series win to move Reds 4 games under .500
In come LA Dodgers who won National League last 2 years, and they won Friday Night
Go Reds the next 2 games with Dodgers. 

I'm glad to see they brought Cody Reed back.  I couldn't see sending him down. He came up and pitched 3 scoreless inning of relief in a game to get Reds a win and give pen a night off, then they send him right back.  I said it then and I'll say it now, Reds can use a long reliever starter like Reed on the bench to go those extra innings.  Bell see's him as an extra southpaw, and that makes sense also.  The pen has it's closer, set up men, but Reed gives the pen a solid long reliever which you need unless the plan is to wear out the pen by July 1st. 

So good things going on now with Reds, and get after Dodgers.  Win the series or at least don't get swept and stay close to .500 ball.  Keep climbing the ladder.  Who knows, if Scooter & Wood come back and if Votto gets hot, Reds could be a good team 2nd half of season.  Just don't fall too far behind before any of that happens. GO REDS. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
3 hits off a 39 year old pitcher wearing a knee brace.. Yup, it's time for a mega, super, ultra celebration if they crack 4 hits tonight..  Votto swung and missed BADLY striking out missing the pitch by about 5 inches.. 
World series here we come! Reds will purchase 25 tickets in the nosebleed section.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Bats have woken up today it seems. Reds up 4-0 in the 3rd.
Reply/Quote
Reds return the favor and get the shutout 4-0.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2019, 07:52 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Reds return the favor and get the shutout 4-0.

Sweet, I didn't get to watch it been outside all day.
Reply/Quote
It would be great if the Reds win this series. Cannot wait to get Gennett back.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I’m afraid to say it and jinx things but Bell has seemed to have slown way down on the mind numbing, dumb moves. The bats still have a good ways to go but this pitching has been amazing. I love the Reds would really like to see them battle back to .500 in the next week or two.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2019, 10:22 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I’m afraid to say it and jinx things but Bell has seemed to have slown way down on the mind numbing, dumb moves. The bats still have a good ways to go but this pitching has been amazing. I love the Reds would really like to see them battle back to .500 in the next week or two.

The bats are ever so slowly coming around, for some of em.

Suarez is up to .263 he was like .235 couple weeks ago. Senzel has moved from like .200 a week ago to .238 Dietrich has went from like .205 couple weeks ago to .232

The guys killing us are:

Votto .212 Puig .210 Peraza .202 Barnhart .163 If this team is to end up anywhere near .500 Votto and Puig have to turn it on and soon.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2019, 08:56 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The bats are ever so slowly coming around, for some of em.

Suarez is up to .263 he was like .235 couple weeks ago. Senzel has moved from like .200 a week ago to .238 Dietrich has went from like .205 couple weeks ago to .232

The guys killing us are:

Votto .212 Puig .210 Peraza .202 Barnhart .163 If this team is to end up anywhere near .500 Votto and Puig have to turn it on and soon.

I’ve noticed that too. As bad as Votto and Puig have been, their average has even raised a few points. Scooter coming back should fix the Peraza problem. Barnhart is very disappointing to me. He should lose playing time, he’s a platoon player or backup. He’s locked up for 2 more years at around 4 mil. Per year. I wouldn’t have believed it if someone told me that Wood would be out and that the staff wouldn’t miss him. There’s a high probability he will be needed before years end, I don’t think he’ll be able to go though. There’s also an outside chance that all 5 teams in the Central end up over .500 for the year. How weird is that? The Reds are the only team under and only by 4 games.
Reply/Quote
Wow thought Votto was going to get ejected. Just had his first AB with a 2-2 count. The pitch was up and in and he checked his swing clearly but ump said the ball hit the bat and catcher caught it for strike 3. Votto immediately turned around and said no way and got heated some as he continued the argument until Bell got out there. Replay sure looked like no contact.
Reply/Quote
Wow I think the ump wanted to get out of the rain with that strike 3 call to end the game.
Reply/Quote
It's been said on here in a couple threads and the announcers have said it a couple times including today. "The Reds struggle a lot with off speed pitchers" 91 MPH fastball, 85 MPH slider, 83 MPH curve, 75 MPH change, they're in trouble.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2019, 05:49 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: It's been said on here in a couple threads and the announcers have said it a couple times including today. "The Reds struggle a lot with off speed pitchers" 91 MPH fastball, 85 MPH slider, 83 MPH curve, 75 MPH change, they're in trouble.

You would think that an aging Votto with his knowledge would feast on these kind of pitchers.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2019, 07:12 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: You would think that an aging Votto with his knowledge would feast on these kind of pitchers.

Yes you would

I hope someway, somehow Votto can get it figured out because he has looked really bad at the plate many times this season including today. Swinging at pitches way out of the zone, taking stuff right down the middle. I think the blowup on the foul tip today is just the frustration from the struggle he's had.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2019, 09:53 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote:  I think the blowup on the foul tip today is just the frustration from the struggle he's had.

No. I think he knew the ball never touched his bat. Replay seem to confirm that.
Reply/Quote