Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Senzel looks to be getting a real shot at CF
Ideally he would be on the infield, but he's such a good athlete he's going to get a legitimate chance to play CF. At first I didn't like the idea, but the more I thought about it the more I've warmed to it. He definitely won't be the first player to convert to a new position and I thought about my own time playing as a kid, We played every position pretty much from infield to outfield to pitching and everything in between. I think the future is pretty bright for the young man.. 
https://www.mlb.com/reds/news/nick-senzel-eyeing-starting-center-field-job/c-303943044
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I remember when Billy Hamilton was first coming up, he was a SS. Problem was he was blocked at SS by Cozart. So they started training him in the outfield to replace Sin-Soo Choo. They were initially thinking it was temporary because he had no experience tracking balls in the outfield. But he ended up sticking because of his speed. Senzel may end up on that same path. He has underrated speed and athleticism.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2019, 11:14 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I remember when Billy Hamilton was first coming up, he was a SS. Problem was he was blocked at SS by Cozart. So they started training him in the outfield to replace Sin-Soo Choo. They were initially thinking it was temporary because he had no experience tracking balls in the outfield. But he  ended up sticking because of his speed. Senzel may end up on that same path. He has underrated speed and athleticism.

B-Ham never had an inside the park HR. Just sayin' lol

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
If Senzel is going to play OF then we need to move one of our other OFs.
Reply/Quote
Is it just me or does Senzel have the look of a guy who just woke up 5 minutes ago? It's not bad or anything.. He just has a sleepy look to him.. A lot of people thought I was an acid freak for reasons i will never know.. I only took it a few times as a kid and didn't particularly like it.. Oh well.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
To have Senzel's bat in the lineup will be a significant improvement. If he can play adequately in CF, then there is a chance Gennett gets an extension. What the Reds lose in defense with Senzel and Gennett they will compensate with offense. This offense will be potent.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote