Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds on fire since All Star Break
Reds have gone 20-11 (.645) since July 16.  After winning the first two games of their current series against the Dodgers it means they will have only lost 2 of their 11 series since the All-Star Break.

Dan Straily is 5-0 with a 2.25 ERA
DeSclafani is 4-1 with a 3.86 ERA
Homer Bailey is 2-1 with a 3.66 ERA
Brandon Finnegan is 4-2 with a 3.35 ERA

Jumbo Diaz has a 0.79 ERA in 14 relief appearances (11.1 IP)
Iglesias has a 0.96 ERA in 12 relief appearances (18.2 IP)
Lorenzen has a 1.47 ERA in 14 relief appearances (18.1 IP)

The Reds 3.43 team ERA since the break is #2 in the National league.

Billy Hamilton has hit .320 with a .399 on base percentage and has stolen 31 bases in 32 games Shocked
Brandon Phillips has hit .361 with a .509 slugging percentage.
Eugenio Suarez has hit .303 with a .504 slugging percentage.
Joey Votto is putting up softball numbers at the plate (.451 BA, .552 OBP, .699 SLG)

The Reds .277 team batting average and 172 runs scored since the break are both #2 in the National league.
Reply/Quote
Any coincidence they replaced the pitching coach around that time?
Reply/Quote
I hope they keep it up....I was for getting rid of Price, but if the team doesn't quit on him and has a good record from All-Star Game on, that changes....but if they go in the tank the last 2 or 3 weeks, that isn't good....They kind of need to stay hot through end of season and hope that carries over into next April. As Bill Russell use to say about basketball, finish strong so it carries over. Don't finish weak and let that carry over.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
No way in hell they can keep up a .645 pace, but if the Rockies and Phils get a little cold and the Reds win about 22 of their last 39 games (.564) the Reds could end up 9th among 16 teams in the NL.

Can't be happy at all with just winning 75 games, but at the All-Star break we were on pace to go 58-104 and possibly be the worst team in the majors.  The Reds have been playing for 134 years and have never lost 104 games.  The only time they lost 100 was 1982 (61-101).
Reply/Quote
Red's playing as good as any team right now with less resources. I think they retain Price. There are talks of moving Votto to the Jays but I doubt anything will happen.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Pretty impressive to come back from giving up 18 by giving up none.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I hope all the fans that were upset with the Reds selling so many pieces and going full on rebuild last season can see that those moves are starting to payoff. The young guys struggled early on, but they need to do that to build the experience and knowledge and we are starting to see the lights go on for many of them. The really exciting part is how stacked the organization is in the minors, which should keep us competitive for many years to come.
Reply/Quote
Homer Bailey must be the worst contract in the history of the team. I'd love to see the break down on how much he makes per inning he pitches.
Reply/Quote
While the bullpen has improved, there are still guys coming in that are quite frightening.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm impressed with what Peraza is doing with significant playing time. Dude's hitting 320 and picked up 3 hits last night. He's the type of player the Reds have needed in the order for a long time, i.e. a table setter that hits for a high average. Outside of Choo, guys like that have been tough to find in this organization.
Reply/Quote