Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds pick up Galvis option
It looks like they’re gonna roll with Galvis at either 2B or SS. I have mixed opinions on this. It depends on how it fits in with the big picture. It’s not a super exciting move though. I think he’s worth the 5.5 Mil but it’s not gonna be a huge improvement.
Reply/Quote
Galvis is a streaky player. He does well then tanks then does well then tanks, etc. I guess the Reds think his good days are worth it. Not sure this gets us to the playoffs though. Still need another good bat and pitcher.
Get ready for next year!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I've always thought they're not gonna keep Galvis, Iglesias, and Peraza. So if he's staying I hope they keep Iggy over Peraza.

But then where do they put Senzel ? I'm just not so sure he's a long term option in CF ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2019, 11:34 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I've always thought they're not gonna keep Galvis, Iglesias, and Peraza. So if he's staying I hope they keep Iggy over Peraza.

But then where do they put Senzel ? I'm just not so sure he's a long term option in CF ?

They’re probably gonna have to outpitch the opposition
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2019, 08:06 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: They’re probably gonna have to outpitch the opposition

Most of me wants to see them sign 2 offensive upgrades.  Another part of me wants to see what would happen if the added a lefty like Kuechel to the front 3 of Castillo, Gray, and Bauer.  That would be nasty as hell.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2019, 11:12 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Galvis is a streaky player. He does well then tanks then does well then tanks, etc. I guess the Reds think his good days are worth it. Not sure this gets us to the playoffs though. Still need another good bat and pitcher.

At least we know exactly what we are getting with Galvis.  He is 29 so his production is not going to change much, and he has been very consistent ver the last 4 years.

AB between 557 and 608.

Avg between .248 and .260.

OB% between .296 and .309.

His.438 slg% last year was higher than usual, but so was pretty much every othe player in MLB.  His career is .384 and the previous 3 years it had been .380, .382, and .399.

I am not thrilled with this move, but I feel he was a bargain at $5.5 million.  He has been a starter for years and is still in his prime.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2019, 11:12 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Galvis is a streaky player. He does well then tanks then does well then tanks, etc. I guess the Reds think his good days are worth it. Not sure this gets us to the playoffs though. Still need another good bat and pitcher.

At least we know exactly what we are getting with Galvis.  He is 29 so his production is not going to change much, and he has been very consistent ver the last 4 years.

AB between 557 and 608.

Avg between .248 and .260.

OB% between .296 and .309.

His.438 slg% last year was higher than usual, but so was pretty much every othe player in MLB.  His career is .384 and the previous 3 years it had been .380, .382, and .399.

I am not thrilled with this move, but I feel he was a bargain at $5.5 million.  He has been a starter for years and is still in his prime.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2019, 03:44 AM)samhain Wrote: Most of me wants to see them sign 2 offensive upgrades.  Another part of me wants to see what would happen if the added a lefty like Kuechel to the front 3 of Castillo, Gray, and Bauer.  That would be nasty as hell.

That actually could be the way to go.
Reply/Quote