Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds sign Josh Harrison, Interested in Tony Kemp
Reds signed Harrison to a minor league deal with an invite to spring training. If he makes the major league team his contract would be $1.5 mill this season with an opt out opportunity on March 21.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2024/02/reds-sign-josh-harrison-to-minor-league-deal.html

Reds also showing interest in 2B/LF Tony Kemp.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2024/02/tony-kemp-getting-interest-from-five-teams.html
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Harrison would have been a great signing about 7 to 9 years ago.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I was hoping the Reds would focus on the young players. Sounds to me they are possibly considering some of them as trade bait. Why else would you sign veteran players near the end of their career?
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2024, 03:40 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I was hoping the Reds would focus on the young players. Sounds to me they are possibly considering some of them as trade bait. Why else would you sign veteran players near the end of their career?

Harrison played high school ball at Princeton High School. The Reds like their native Cincinnati players. The one positive is that perhaps he's a good clubhouse guy and can provide leadership for the younger players.
Reply/Quote
I think he's purely depth that will remain in the minors unless multiple injuries occur. He hasn't had an OPS above 687 since the first half of the 2021 season.
Reply/Quote
One of those players that I "hated" but only due to him crushing the Reds year after year. I always had tons of respect for him and McCutchen when they were teammates in Pittsburgh. Like Tecmo said, about 7-9 years ago, this would have been great, but 7-9 years ago, the Reds couldn't afford him.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Feels almost like inviting Pete Rose to camp.. Who knows?  Maybe he'll have one last hurrah with the Reds and go out with a bang although I'm not going to start drinking over it if not.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote