Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds still looking to add a bat in LF
This is from 4 days ago so this is ancient history.
https://www.mlb.com/news/marcell-ozuna-rumors
It says they are in contact with Ozuna, Castellanos, Dickerson and Calhoun.

I would gladly take any one of those first three although their defense is all pretty suspect. As an Angels fan since 1979(#2 to the Reds), Calhoun is merely a slightly faster, better Schebler but comes with stellar defense.

All in all, though . . . I can still live with an Ervin/Winker LF. With Moustakous added and a full season of Aquino, this could be enough. All that they really need is for Votto to not drag them down again and people will forget about LF.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2019, 02:24 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: This is from 4 days ago so this is ancient history.
https://www.mlb.com/news/marcell-ozuna-rumors
It says they are in contact with Ozuna, Castellanos, Dickerson and Calhoun.

I would gladly take any one of those first three although their defense is all pretty suspect. As an Angels fan since 1979(#2 to the Reds), Calhoun is merely a slightly faster, better Schebler but comes with stellar defense.

All in all, though . . . I can still live with an Ervin/Winker LF. With Moustakous added and a full season of Aquino, this could be enough. All that they really need is for Votto to not drag them down again and people will forget about LF.

I would like a more consistent bat in LF for sure. But as you say perhaps the platoon guys will be enough ?

I hope they move Votto well down in the lineup, 6th or 7th. You just can't have a guy with 38 RBI's in the heart of the order. Unless of course he rebounds from his 2 season long slump.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Calhoun just signed with the D-backs, so cross him off the list.
Reply/Quote
I've read in couple of forums and from Reds blogger Doug Gray that they're the front runner to sign Shogo Akiyama.

I wonder if he goes to CF, where he's spent the most time in his pro career. At the price he's rumored to be asking, ie 10mil for 2 years, they need to sing this guy. He's what they need if his skill set translates from Japan. He gets on base like a madman and could be a true CF.

If this comes to be, I wonder what it means for Senzel. Move to LF? Trade? I hope we get to find out soon.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2019, 12:55 AM)samhain Wrote: I've read in couple of forums and from Reds blogger Doug Gray that they're the front runner to sign Shogo Akiyama.  

I wonder if he goes to CF, where he's spent the most time in his pro career.  At the price he's rumored to be asking, ie 10mil for 2 years, they need to sing this guy.  He's what they need if his skill set translates from Japan.  He gets on base like a madman and could be a true CF.  

If this comes to be, I wonder what it means for Senzel.  Move to LF?  Trade?  I hope we get to find out soon.

LF defense last year couldn't have been much worse. There were a few bright spots, but the bad outweighed the bright by quite a margin.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Now Diskerson gone to Marlins. Reds better get a move on if they want one of these tier 2 OF bats.
Reply/Quote