Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds trade Iglesias
Reds send Iglesias and cash to the Angels for RHP Noe Ramirez and PTBNL.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/12/reds-trade-raisel-iglesias-angels.html
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
They could have gotten so much more if they traded him back when he actually had value.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 02:14 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: They could have gotten so much more if they traded him back when he actually had value.

You would have screamed your head off if we traded him when he was at the top of his game.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 09:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You would have screamed your head off if we traded him when he was at the top of his game.

Literally said we should trade him for a premium return back when he was at the top of his game, but nice projection.

Do you ever get tired of being wrong?
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 02:14 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: They could have gotten so much more if they traded him back when he actually had value.

It's not a proper Reds trade unless they wait to do it until the guy is at low value.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 04:44 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: It's not a proper Reds trade unless they wait to do it until the guy is at low value.

I know, right? XD It's insane how often we trade our good players once they've lost all value.
Reply/Quote
Iglesias was given a chance and he failed. He kept blowing games and was on the downside. I notice pitchers these days get a short fuse and need to be on their game at all times.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
When I was a kid, I always wanted the Reds and Angels to trade players to each other that weren't working out and have all players involved catch fire. I was a young Reds fan that was used to 4 or 5 pages of Reds propaganda in the newspaper everyday, win or lose. We moved to Alaska and then all I got was two or three sentences in an Associated Press blurb. So I needed an American League team to root for and I sure as Hell wasn't going to root for Cleveland. The Angels signed Doug DeCinces, Fred Lynn, Rod Carew, Don Baylor, Bobby Grich, Bob Boone and Decinces was one of my favorite non-Red in the big leagues. Then the bastards made me root for Reggie Jackson, that was tough to do.

Ramirez is OK, nothing special, but he does have his moments where he looks to be in complete control and is the man . . . then he has some games where you wonder how he made it to the bigs. He is often their early innings relief for 2 or 3 innings but he's mostly just a middle innings guy. I'm expecting him to be merely Lorenzen's replacement as it seems already accepted that Lorenzen is moving to the starting rotation.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Iglesias's record was much better than most reds fans think. His mistakes stuck out way more than his successes..  Still it was time to move on. It was a financial move more than anything else. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Reds and Bengals ownership suffers(?) from the same approach: keep all your good players until they are no longer good and/or are disgruntled.

Remember how Chad Johnson wanted out of Cincy in 2008 and Washington supposedly offered two 1st round picks for him, but Mike Brown declined? At the time, Chad was just coming off a 1440 yard season, his best of his career. Fast forward 3 years later when Chad gets traded to NE for just a 5th round pick after having only 1 season of 1000+ yards.

Or the Reds trading Chapman only after his off-field issues arose, resulting in a way lower trade than if he had been traded prior.

The Reds and Bengals don't have the foresight to know when players could be on the verge of decline. They assume they will continue to be good until they show they are no longer.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote