Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bells staff coming into shape
And I’m officially excited now. Not splashy moves, but coordinating talent to maximize their strengths. Having a plan on how to do that. The front office and staff seem like they’re 100% committed to this new turnaround of maximizing their resources. I’m now counting down to spring training.  

280 more days

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/mlb/reds/2018/11/19/j-r-house-donnie-ecker-join-manager-david-bell-reds-coaching-staff/2058964002/
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Ugh, sorry for title typo. Probably should of not done this on my Phone
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 10:03 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Ugh, sorry for title typo. Probably should of not done this on my Phone

You can edit thread title.  Just hold cursor over it.
Reply/Quote
It's nice to see they're headed in a new direction, hopefully a good one. But I'll not start getting excited until they start making strides with the pitching staff.

Man it would be so great to see Mike Brown follow suit and shit can Marvin Lewis and let this misery be over. Let the new HC retool his staff however he wanted. I wouldn't care in the least if we went 4-12 the following season just so there was some glimmer of hope on the horizon.

I'm sick to dead dog death of the ML shit show !
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 11:56 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: It's nice to see they're headed in a new direction, hopefully a good one. But I'll not start getting excited until they start making strides with the pitching staff.

Man it would be so great to see Mike Brown follow suit and shit can Marvin Lewis and let this misery be over. Let the new HC retool his staff however he wanted. I wouldn't care in the least if we went 4-12 the following season just so there was some glimmer of hope on the horizon.

I'm sick to dead dog death of the ML shit show !

They have made strides with their pitching coaches. They've actually gutted the entire staff and made them re-interview for different spots or their dismissal. Hatcher is no longer 3b coach, etc, etc. 

Just think of this as another rebuild, but this time they're going to do it right. Hopefully no longer than 2-3 years we'll be a great again. At least there's light, damnit! lol
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 12:02 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: They have made strides with their pitching coaches. They've actually gutted the entire staff and made them re-interview for different spots or their dismissal. Hatcher is no longer 3b coach, etc, etc. 

Just think of this as another rebuild, but this time they're going to do it right. Hopefully no longer than 2-3 years we'll be a great again. At least there's light, damnit! lol

Amen !

Really I'm not sure it's possible to get to far until the Bailey yoke is off their neck ?
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 12:06 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Amen !

Really I'm not sure it's possible to get to far until the Bailey yoke is off their neck ?

Wasn't going to be a contender next year anyway, so might as well ride out whatever he gives you and buy him out next year at 5 million (vs 28 million for next year and following). 

but yeah, they have to get that 20 mil cap off the books ASAP
Reply/Quote
What? Nobody is in on the idea of Homer throwing two no hitters again, signing a new multi-million dollar long term guaranteed contract? Then one day  becoming the first pitcher ever in major league baseball to be 50 years old and thowing multiple no hitters in the world series?
Oh ye have little faith in the unbelievable and impossible!  

You know  .if that actually happened you'll never hear the end of it from me . LOL
Reply/Quote
Keep an eye on Donnie Ecker the assistant hitting coach. He is a master at the mechanics of a good swing and yet is able to simplify it to be useful.

I wish they would have landed Rangel as bull pen coach but he took a job with Texans
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
What? Billy Hatcher no longer 3B coach? He was my favorite coach on the team the past few years. I hope he's been promoted to bench coach.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 02:55 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: What? Billy Hatcher no longer 3B coach? He was my favorite coach on the team the past few years. I hope he's been promoted to bench coach.

actually Billy is still with the organization but I believe minor league.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 09:59 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: actually Billy is still with the organization but I believe minor league.  

Yep outfield and base running coordinator
Reply/Quote