Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Redskin Game stock uo and down
(08-16-2019, 05:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Down:
Tyler Eifert thinks Trayveon Williams is too injury prone
Both kickers. Rookie's got a strong leg but accuracy is an issue. Sorta like the kicker we let go to Philly.
Shawn Williams. Our corp is talented, maybe someone unseats him

Up
Ryan Finley. What's that moving around in the pocket stuff he does?

Auden Tate. Hell he may to something this year
OLINE: Looks good now if they can just figure out it might be best to have Hopkins at C and Price at OG

Finley seems to have that intangible skill of pocket awareness.. AD is not horrible, just average with his in my opinion. I am interested to see Finley progress the next 12 months. Can he be the next Aaron Rodgers or a franchise QB, probably not, but none saw Brady as a HOF QB as a rookie either. He lost his starting gig at Michigan, but then he shocked the football world.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I'm real interested in finding out if Driskel can catch, he certainly has the speed to play WR...
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 01:28 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2019/08/15/bengals-redskins-good-bad-ugly-recap/

Read the last line???

Wait...which last line? I'm cornfused.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 12:18 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: But to say we should cut AD now and make Finley the starter is putting the cart waaaayy in front of the horse ! To say the least

This is putting the tree the cart was made from in front of the horse's mother.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 12:26 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Not to turn every thread into a Ross-complaint fest, but if he can't be bothered to play in the pre-season I don't want to hear people demanding for us to excuse him for being rusty IF IF IF IF IF he suits up for game 1.

Takes awhile for rookies to develop....
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 02:04 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Wait...which last line? I'm cornfused.

Dre Kirkpatrick was a scratch after tweaking his ankle in practice. The defense had to work without William Jackson last week and still hasn’t had Darqueze Dennard on the field.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 07:12 PM)SHRacerX Wrote:  Dre Kirkpatrick was a scratch after tweaking his ankle in practice. The defense had to work without William Jackson last week and still hasn’t had Darqueze Dennard on the field.

Ah, yes. He didn't play against KC but he was in against the 'skins. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 01:29 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Finley seems to have that intangible skill of pocket awareness.. AD is not horrible, just average with his in my opinion. I am interested to see Finley progress the next 12 months. Can he be the next Aaron Rodgers or a franchise QB, probably not, but none saw Brady as a HOF QB as a rookie either. He lost his starting gig at Michigan, but then he shocked the football world.

Yep. Who knows what he can become, but it's been a while since we had a rookie backup with potential.

Interestingly, Finley seems to be a gamer. By most reports, he's terrible in practice.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 07:12 PM)SHRacerX Wrote:  Dre Kirkpatrick was a scratch after tweaking his ankle in practice. The defense had to work without William Jackson last week and still hasn’t had Darqueze Dennard on the field.

Kind of thinking the Webb signing was insurance for Dennard (assuming they knew they would re-sign him.)
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2019, 12:26 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Kind of thinking the Webb signing was insurance for Dennard (assuming they knew they would re-sign him.)

And it was a damn smart move....Ditto the John Jerry signing/open competition at LG.  Still befuddled about the Westerman decision.  I heard that he has until Wednesday to make his decision.  I hope the best for the guy.  Had such high hopes for him this year.  If he went out and executed and had a PFF rating of 80, as he did in his limited action last year, he would be in line for a decent contract.  Just so odd that he is now apparently deciding to quit.  
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2019, 12:25 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep. Who knows what he can become, but it's been a while since we had a rookie backup with potential.

Interestingly, Finley seems to be a gamer. By most reports, he's terrible in practice.

Yeah, when I see a QB that can manipulate a pocket and step into throws I see big time potential.

Not like Brady is the best down field passer but him and Aaron Rodgers are great at this.

I agree with Luvnit on Dalton too, he is average with his pocket awareness and used to panic when plays broke down before Van Pelt got here. Saw a difference last year under Van Pelt, Dalton was much better in this aspect and wasn't panicking. 

(08-20-2019, 09:23 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: And it was a damn smart move....Ditto the John Jerry signing/open competition at LG.  Still befuddled about the Westerman decision.  I heard that he has until Wednesday to make his decision.  I hope the best for the guy.  Had such high hopes for him this year.  If he went out and executed and had a PFF rating of 80, as he did in his limited action last year, he would be in line for a decent contract.  Just so odd that he is now apparently deciding to quit.  

True and the Westerman decision is crazy to me as well.

Must be some reason, but like you said if he played well he could of been starting in the NFL making tons of dough.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 02:39 PM)Earendil Wrote: This is putting the tree the cart was made from in front of the horse's mother.

Good one Earendil  Hilarious 

and true. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2019, 04:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, when I see a QB that can manipulate a pocket and step into throws I see big time potential.

Not like Brady is the best down field passer but him and Aaron Rodgers are great at this.

I agree with Luvnit on Dalton too, he is average with his pocket awareness and used to panic when plays broke down before Van Pelt got here. Saw a difference last year under Van Pelt, Dalton was much better in this aspect and wasn't panicking. 

Huge difference.  Dalton did the "steeler comeback we were waiting for" last year only to have the defense give it up.  Hoping he can take another step with this offense.  
Reply/Quote