Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Redskin Game stock uo and down
(08-16-2019, 12:23 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I agree with all this. The question i have is, why isn't Cordy Glenn in more 'stock down' lists? It seems i keep seeing him half-ass it all over the field and i'm not seeing anthing really positive out of him.

Am i missing something?

He had one holding call, in the snaps we was in,, zero pressers and zero negative run plays.. he play solid outside of the holding call which Munoz thought was a so so call
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think this says a lot - I'll probably stay a lot later into next week's home game than I probably would have otherwise just to watch Ryan Finley's progress. He's gotta be the most pleasant surprise of the preseason so far especially considering how he started it.
Reply/Quote
Honestly don't get the Malone hate he had one drop on a terrible throw.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Up:

Ryan Finley
Damion Willis
Drew Sample
Auden Tate

Down:

CJ Uzomah
Josh Malone
Trayvon Henderson

*its funny to see Hopkins on some people’s up and some people’s down lists.

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 12:36 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Honestly don't get the Malone hate he had one drop on a terrible throw.

It’s not hate (why are people so obsessed with that word?), he just did nothing to stand out. And he played a lot. Other WRs were better.

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 12:36 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Honestly don't get the Malone hate he had one drop on a terrible throw.

I don't see Malone hate, I know I am rooting for him. He has 2 games to shine, if he does, he makes the team. I think he may be higher on the coach's lists than the fan lists. Why else is he getting so many 1st  and 2nd team snaps?

I agree, drop tonight was one of few bad Finley passes.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
The only reason I can think of why anyone has Hopkins on an up list is they got mixed up on who was playing on which series - Hopkins was in with the ones and looked absolutely horrible. Price came in when Finley did and instantly the interior blocking improved massively.
Reply/Quote
Stock up:
- Finley. Trade Dalton and start anew. I'm prepared for the QB purge after seeing Finley's rookie starting point. Dude looks like the baby Aaron Rodgers & Tom Brady made after a 3-some with Peyton Manning. "And on the 6th Day, Tom Terrific created #5." (I'm trademarking that, BTW. Don't steal it!)
- Yellow Flags. Thanks for getting the Bengals 1st Team O in the Red Zone because they were trash.
- Darrin Simmons. Just when I thought I was out, he pulled me back in. Way to have the ST unit bounce back from an awful Week 1.

Stock Down:
- Dalton. I see the future and it's coming up FINLEY. Red Zone INT after missing an open Eifert on a fade with plenty of space = GARBAGE. Missed wide open TD in the 1st preseason game = GARBAGE. I've seen this movie 8x (seasons) before and it ends in ways I can no longer accept. A+ guy, but a C+ QB. He is what we thought he was and it's high time to GTF on without AD because the Bengals aren't winning Jack rabbit with him at the helm. Disagree? I've got 8 years worth of stone cold, lead pipe results backing me up. I'll take the unknown behind door #5 in the 4th round pick who looks like the 2nd coming at this point and roll with it.
- Ticky Tack Yellow Flags. Keep your dirty laundry off my TV screen for patty-caking between WRs & DBs.

Stock Holding:
- 5 Team NFL Preseason Parlays. Need the Dolphins, Giants, & Titans to win so Uncle PDub80 nets a cool $2K. Wish me luck.

FUN FACT: If you have an Android phone, go to txt a GIF to someone and search "Bengals". Scroll down and there are a bunch of weird Ryan Finley Bengals GIFs that make absolutely NO SENSE, which, when coupled with his awkward interviews, makes me love him even more. Thank me later and enjoy!
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 12:40 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s not hate (why are people so obsessed with that word?), he just did nothing to stand out. And he played a lot. Other WRs were better.

I'd rep you 5 times for that if I could ! Yes the hate word gets thrown out there way to much. I don't hate Malone at all, in fact I've been a big supporter ever since we drafted him.

And I agree not just todays game but from day one he's stood out very little.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 12:42 AM)Joelist Wrote: The only reason I can think of why anyone has Hopkins on an up list is they got mixed up on who was playing on which series - Hopkins was in with the ones and looked absolutely horrible. Price came in when Finley did and instantly the interior blocking improved massively.

There was plenty of pressure when Finley was in. He was sidestepping and moving around in the pocket to make throws.

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 12:43 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Stock up:
- Finley. Trade Dalton and start anew. I'm prepared for the QB purge after seeing Finley's rookie starting point. Dude looks like the baby Aaron Rodgers & Tom Brady made after a 3-some with Peyton Manning. "And on the 6th Day, Tom Terrific created #5." (I'm trademarking that, BTW. Don't steal it!)
- Yellow Flags. Thanks for getting the Bengals 1st Team O in the Red Zone because they were trash.
- Darrin Simmons. Just when I thought I was out, he pulled me back in. Way to have the ST unit bounce back from an awful Week 1.

Stock Down:
- Dalton. I see the future and it's coming up FINLEY. Red Zone INT after missing an open Eifert on a fade with plenty of space = GARBAGE. Missed wide open TD in the 1st preseason game = GARBAGE. I've seen this movie 8x (seasons) before and it ends in ways I can no longer accept. A+ guy, but a C+ QB. He is what we thought he was and it's high time to GTF on without AD because the Bengals aren't winning Jack rabbit with him at the helm. Disagree? I've got 8 years worth of stone cold, lead pipe results backing me up. I'll take the unknown behind door #5 in the 4th round pick who looks like the 2nd coming at this point and roll with it.
- Ticky Tack Yellow Flags. Keep your dirty laundry off my TV screen for patty-caking between WRs & DBs.

Stock Holding:
- 5 Team NFL Preseason Parlays. Need the Dolphins, Giants, & Titans to win so Uncle PDub80 nets a cool $2K. Wish me luck.

FUN FACT: If you have an Android phone, go to txt a GIF to someone and search "Bengals". Scroll down and there are a bunch of weird Ryan Finley Bengals GIFs that make absolutely NO SENSE, which, when coupled with his awkward interviews, makes me love him even more. Thank me later and enjoy!

So you feel our best chance to get back to the playoffs in 2019 is trade Dalton or bench him and start Finley?

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 12:42 AM)Joelist Wrote: The only reason I can think of why anyone has Hopkins on an up list is they got mixed up on who was playing on which series - Hopkins was in with the ones and looked absolutely horrible. Price came in when Finley did and instantly the interior blocking improved massively.

Yep, the 1st team interior Oline was getting shredded !
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 12:22 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm not so sure about Malone and I've been pulling for him ever since we drafted him. I'd say we're going to load heavy at WR on both team and PS due to uncertainty with both AJ and Ross. They'll probably have 7 on 53 to start season. I doubt Core makes either

Keeping 7 might be tough should be interesting. They might have to go heavy on the D-line if Brown keeps playing well.

Dunlap
Hubbard
Lawson
Geno
Billings
Wren
Glasgow

Then Brown, Willis and Wynn battling to make the team.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 12:47 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: There was plenty of pressure when Finley was in. He was sidestepping and moving around in the pocket to make throws.

Agree but 1st team interior was giving up a ton of up the middle pressure. There was still some but not near as much after Price and whoever else came in.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 12:27 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: He had a holding call, but I did not see any blocking issues tonight in his short stint. Maybe I missed it, but saw no QB pressures and they did not run off tackle left when he played.

I just re-watched the first 3 drives. He played well in pass pro but in the run game, he lollygagged it down the line again and the LBer came through the line to tackle the RB at the LOS. That's the thing that keeps standing out to me. He's good in pass pro but really bad in run blocking. 

Also, i made a mistake. While i was watching the game listening to music, there was a hold on #67 (miller) and i thought the ref said 77. So, i was thinking, 2 holds and bad run blocking. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 12:49 AM)lone bengal Wrote: Keeping 7 might be tough should be interesting. They might have to go heavy on the D-line if Brown keeps playing well.

Dunlap
Hubbard
Lawson
Geno
Billings
Wren
Glasgow

Then Brown, Willis and Wynn battling to make the team.

The normally keep 9 or 10 DL I believe in the past. But, ZT my have different roster allocation than ML.

Reply/Quote
Up Finley
Sample
Willis

Down. Ss Williams. Straight garbage so far.
Hopkins
Malone
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 12:31 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: He had one holding call, in the snaps we was in,, zero pressers and zero negative run plays.. he play solid outside of the holding call which Munoz thought was a so so call

It was a pretty ticky-tack holding call. I just wish he'd at least give a bit more effort to get to his run block assignments. I've seen at least 3 times in 2 games that he half-assed it and gave up tackles.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 12:40 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s not hate (why are people so obsessed with that word?), he just did nothing to stand out. And he played a lot. Other WRs were better.
Ok hate might be a strong work but still the criticism is a bit wack. If Dalton doesn't under throw him last week his stock would be top notch right now.
(08-16-2019, 12:40 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I don't see Malone hate, I know I am rooting for him. He has 2 games to shine, if he does, he makes the team. I think he may be higher on the coach's lists than the fan lists. Why else is he getting so many 1st  and 2nd team snaps?

I agree, drop tonight was one of few bad Finley passes.
He had a couple of bad passes tonight. Tate and Sample really helped him out.  He also had a lot of check downs tonight. 5.8 YPA isn't going to get it done most nights.
(08-16-2019, 12:46 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'd rep you 5 times for that if I could ! Yes the hate word gets thrown out there way to much. I don't hate Malone at all, in fact I've been a big supporter ever since we drafted him.

And I agree not just todays game but from day one he's stood out very little.

Again if Dalton doesn't under throw him last week dude is #1 on the WR list.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 12:52 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agree but 1st team interior was giving up a ton of up the middle pressure. There was still some but not near as much after Price and whoever else came in.

Yep! Only one play where Finley really had interior pressure - the rest came from outside which he rolled away from (nice to see some rollouts and you could tell some were designed). 
Reply/Quote