Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Redskin Game stock uo and down
(08-16-2019, 12:36 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Honestly don't get the Malone hate he had one drop on a terrible throw.

I don't see it as hate but he's had 2 bad drops in 2 games, hasn't he?

With the way the other guys are playing, he's not helping himself. 

EDIT: pass tonight was bad and not so much on Malone. But...other guys are making tough catches.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 12:43 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Stock up:
- Finley. Trade Dalton and start anew. I'm prepared for the QB purge after seeing Finley's rookie starting point. Dude looks like the baby Aaron Rodgers & Tom Brady made after a 3-some with Peyton Manning. "And on the 6th Day, Tom Terrific created #5." (I'm trademarking that, BTW. Don't steal it!)
- Yellow Flags. Thanks for getting the Bengals 1st Team O in the Red Zone because they were trash.
- Darrin Simmons. Just when I thought I was out, he pulled me back in. Way to have the ST unit bounce back from an awful Week 1.

Stock Down:
- Dalton. I see the future and it's coming up FINLEY. Red Zone INT after missing an open Eifert on a fade with plenty of space = GARBAGE. Missed wide open TD in the 1st preseason game = GARBAGE. I've seen this movie 8x (seasons) before and it ends in ways I can no longer accept. A+ guy, but a C+ QB. He is what we thought he was and it's high time to GTF on without AD because the Bengals aren't winning Jack rabbit with him at the helm. Disagree? I've got 8 years worth of stone cold, lead pipe results backing me up. I'll take the unknown behind door #5 in the 4th round pick who looks like the 2nd coming at this point and roll with it.
- Ticky Tack Yellow Flags. Keep your dirty laundry off my TV screen for patty-caking between WRs & DBs.

Stock Holding:
- 5 Team NFL Preseason Parlays. Need the Dolphins, Giants, & Titans to win so Uncle PDub80 nets a cool $2K. Wish me luck.

FUN FACT: If you have an Android phone, go to txt a GIF to someone and search "Bengals". Scroll down and there are a bunch of weird Ryan Finley Bengals GIFs that make absolutely NO SENSE, which, when coupled with his awkward interviews, makes me love him even more. Thank me later and enjoy!
I didn't get to see the first ten minutes, so I missed the first team offense.  Didn't get to see Mixon and Bernard. 

And I think you can rest assured from this point forward that any player on the team will be replaced if he isn't getting the job done.  And that includes the QB.  But you can't up and replace him now.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 12:40 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s not hate (why are people so obsessed with that word?), he just did nothing to stand out. And he played a lot. Other WRs were better.

With the way everyone is playing, and with what the coaches are saying about guys earning stuff...don't be surprised to see him running with the 2's next week. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Stock Up:

Price-dramatic improvement that passed the eye test even for the average fan
Tate-huge WR with soft hands, I still see him as a Housh steal in that draft
Finley-the offense gained confidence and showed better tempo and chemistry.  Could be against inferior talent but also could be his
           personality.
Ellis-ran hard, reliable.

Stock Down:

Hopkins-he did not get any push at Center or Guard.
T. Williams-two games, left in both games due to injury.
Uzi-inexcusable penalties.
S. Williams-for a vet safety he did not do well but he is going no where.  It does indicate a need to draft a safety next year though.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 12:48 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: So you feel our best chance to get back to the playoffs in 2019 is trade Dalton or bench him and start Finley?

No, and I didn't say that nor imply it. I will say that I feel like the best chance for the Bengals to make a deep playoff run and possibly a Superbowl appearance in the next 3-7 years is to dump Dalton now and begin the development of Ryan Finley. At the very least, IF... IF Finley continues to lead drives like this and complete this high a % of his passes, etc. they should consider this perhaps being AD's last season in Cincy.

- The Bengals aren't good enough to make the playoffs THIS season with such a young staff AND Andy Dalton behind center. So, why waste Finley's development time?

- Lets pretend Doctor Strange shows up and magically allows the Bengals to make the playoffs.... They're still going NOWHERE past the first round with Dalton as their QB. So, who the F cares about another 1 and done playoff season? Like I said: I've seen that movie before. It's time to change the channel and aim higher. If anyone honestly believes that the Bengals have a shot at a Superbowl run with AD behind center after seeing the teams who are up and coming, I feel terribly terribly sorry for them.

- Moving on from Dalton now would allow the Bengals to take the $ AD's making - or will want in an extension in the near future- and invest that in the O Line and Defense as well as resign AJ Green, who would help a young QB like Finley immensely.

Being 100% serious, if Ryan Finley continues to play like this in week 3 & 4 and they resign AD, I'll be floored. Even on the cheap, they need to rip this bandaid off and take the time to get better at the QB position. Finley looks like he has a ton to work with, which is exciting. And, as a fan and club season ticket holder (my money is where my mouth is), I'm ready to stand by for a lumpy year or two while they actually try to improve. Andy Dalton is clearly... CLEARLY not on an upswing or getting better. We've seen his best, 4 seasons ago and it's been downhill since.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 12:58 AM)McC Wrote: I didn't get to see the first ten minutes, so I missed the first team offense.  Didn't get to see Mixon and Bernard. 

And I think you can rest assured from this point forward that any player on the team will be replaced if he isn't getting the job done.  And that includes the QB.  But you can't up and replace him now.  

- 1st 10 mins was unbelievably trash with penalty after penalty after penalty. Taylor on the sideline was fuming.

- Mixon had a really nice run... called back for holding.

- I agree AD leaving right now is totally unrealistic. I just hope they allow #5 to develop and give serious consideration to letting AD walk or trade after this season or when his extension is coming up. If Finley looks like this now, what would he turn into with reps and experience? My point is that at this stage and with the 2011 crew, I've seen it and it isn't going to the Superbowl, so why not move on if #5 shows such moxie and promise and skill? The Patriots did it with their big $, high profile QB (Bledsoe) and I hope the Bengals have the same foresight. But, lets come back to reality here for a minute. lol 
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 12:47 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: There was plenty of pressure when Finley was in. He was sidestepping and moving around in the pocket to make throws.

You've got to be able to read the room in this forum. Andy had a QB rating of around 25, Finley had a QB rating of around 115. So some have to fabricate things as to why this happened. The Oline did well all game regardless who was QB. You could just see a difference on how the QBs handled the pressure. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 01:22 AM)bfine32 Wrote: You've got to be able to read the room in this forum. Andy had a QB rating of around 25, Finley had a QB rating of around 115. So some have to fabricate things as to why this happened. The Oline did well all game regardless who was QB. You could just see a difference on how the QBs handled the pressure. 

On another note, I know Haskins ceiling may be higher (is it, really?), but Finely looked wayyyyyyyyy better. Maybe the Bengals line depth and skill position depth helped him, but man.... he looked fabulous, again.
Reply/Quote
Stock Up:
Price
-Making visible plays as offensive lineman, need to see that transfer to 1's but maybe a nice kick in the butt.
Pratt
-Pass coverage continues to impress.
Sample
-Really starting to become excited, just a player overall his blocking was on point and can do all the right things
Finley
-Looks legit in ways Driskel never did against similar comp. Not going to annoint him yet.

Stock Down:
Williams
-Has he always been this bad? Just messing up plays. Might be due to lack of starting secondary.
Uzomah
-I have never personally liked his game and wish we signed Kroft instead.
Hopkins
-I like Price better.

-It's clear the team is still finding its identity/playing around, I wouldn't judge too quickly as a whole.
-Plenty of penalties for both teams, methinks that something else is up.
-Rushing the football was down across the entire NFL, some speculate increased holding penalties to incentivize safer passing.

The team is much better this year, but they still have to put many things together. Everything seems modular still, but that is to be expected.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 01:22 AM)bfine32 Wrote: You've got to be able to read the room in this forum. Andy had a QB rating of around 25, Finley had a QB rating of around 115. So some have to fabricate things as to why this happened. The Oline did well all game regardless who was QB. You could just see a difference on how the QBs handled the pressure. 

Except that no one fabricated anything. The first team interior OL was complete crap with Hopkins out there at Center. When Price came in the improvement was dramatic and immediate. Simple facts. So was the fact that Uzomah was terrible tonight while Sample was excellent. I haven't seen anyone claiming that Finley did not do well or that Andy was on fire or any other such. 
Reply/Quote
Fred’s trying to come up with excuses why Dalton stunk n Finley was good. He’s creative give him a min
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 01:01 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Stock Up:

Price-dramatic improvement that passed the eye test even for the average fan
Tate-huge WR with soft hands, I still see him as a Housh steal in that draft
Finley-the offense gained confidence and showed better tempo and chemistry.  Could be against inferior talent but also could be his
           personality.
Ellis-ran hard, reliable.

Stock Down:

Hopkins-he did not get any push at Center or Guard.
T. Williams-two games, left in both games due to injury.
Uzi-inexcusable penalties.
S. Williams-for a vet safety he did not do well but he is going no where.  It does indicate a need to draft a safety next year though.

Drafting a S to replace Shawn Williams after a couple lackluster preseason games seems like a massive overreaction to me. Guy led the team in INT’s last season, and was one of the better players on that horrible defense.

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 02:06 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Drafting a S to replace Shawn Williams after a couple lackluster preseason games seems like a massive overreaction to me. Guy led the team in INT’s last season, and was one of the better players on that horrible defense.

I agree. He's had a couple of games now where he has blown a coverage but that could also be getting used to a new system. Better he do it now than when it counts. 
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 12:21 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: If Ross can't get his ass on the field, i can see them IR designating him so they can keep Willis on the roster and put Morgan on the PS. 
As of right now, I'd keep Willis over Ross. I'm trying to reserve judgement for when/if Ross ever hits the field, but Willis makes tough catches. When did Ross EVER make a tough catch?
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
It's still far too early to tell, but there's a possibility that Findley might even eventually be Andy's replacement. I don't know he has the arm for it, but maybe he does. He's still quite young with plenty of upside. If he gets the right coaching over the next season or two he might just walk in and take it. Stranger things have happened.
I'd love to see a Bengals backup QB just take the league by storm, throw 35-40 TD's his first season as a starter then do nothing but get better and better. That might be enjoyable even if I doubt it'll ever happen for us.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Upon replay, Hubbard and especially Billings stood out on the defensive line. Pratt was a lot more dominant than people think and should be starting.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 02:06 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Drafting a S to replace Shawn Williams after a couple lackluster preseason games seems like a massive overreaction to me. Guy led the team in INT’s last season, and was one of the better players on that horrible defense.

I think his contract is up after next year.  I don't think he will be worth his next contract.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 03:24 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think his contract is up after next year.  I don't think he will be worth his next contract.  

I’d be totally fine with re-signing him. Team has way bigger needs in the draft than safety.

Reply/Quote
Williams has sucked for years. He reacts too late and is usually a step or two behind almost every play. His crappy play flips the field for the other team once or twice a game. Most of his INTs last year were tipped passes and since the guy he was covering was wide open, he had no one near him to fight for the ball.

When Reggie Nelson left and the Bengals made a bad play on defense, you saw Pacman losing his mind after the play and Williams walking back to the huddle with his head down A LOT.

But he did intercept Ben Worthlesswigger a few years ago so some people will always think he's awesome, I guess.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 01:25 AM)willieFANderson Wrote: Stock Up:
Price
-Making visible plays as offensive lineman, need to see that transfer to 1's but maybe a nice kick in the butt.
Pratt
-Pass coverage continues to impress.
Sample
-Really starting to become excited, just a player overall his blocking was on point and can do all the right things
Finley
-Looks legit in ways Driskel never did against similar comp. Not going to annoint him yet.

Stock Down:
Williams
-Has he always been this bad? Just messing up plays. Might be due to lack of starting secondary.
Uzomah
-I have never personally liked his game and wish we signed Kroft instead.
Hopkins
-I like Price better.

-It's clear the team is still finding its identity/playing around, I wouldn't judge too quickly as a whole.
-Plenty of penalties for both teams, methinks that something else is up.
-Rushing the football was down across the entire NFL, some speculate increased holding penalties to incentivize safer passing.

The team is much better this year, but they still have to put many things together. Everything seems modular still, but that is to be expected.

I agree with nearly all of what you say here.  Not to nitpick, but I believe Kroft went on IR back in OTA's.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote