Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Redskin Game stock uo and down
(08-16-2019, 11:30 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Goal? I cannot control what happens to the Bengals outside of cheering for them at games so, I don't have goals for the Bengals. Who sets goals that they have no influence over? That makes no sense. I want them get better and/or be interesting. Blandy Dullton is NOT interesting and he is NOT getting better.

I didn't say I wanted the Bengals to lose at all. I indicated I would be patient with Finley and this new staff if they took some lumps or had growing pains trying to improve vs status quo AD at QB. I also don't think playing Finley would be appreciably worse than playing Dalton and, possibly, even better towards the end of the season and moving forward.

Those wanting to stick with Dalton with Finley on the roster, yourself included, seem to have the mindset of a certain loser who happens to be a former Bengals ex-coach. No, not Marvin. I'm talking about Hue Jackson. AD supporters, at this point, are no different and have loser mentalities. Hue was adamant about starting and sticking with Tyrod Taylor because he wanted to play it safe to save his job by being just mediocre enough to survive with a few wins and hope for lightening in a bottle to be good. Meanwhile, a brighter future was sitting there starring him in the face. But, Baker Mayfield represented a risk into the unknown, so Hue Jackson sat on his hands.

Losers think like that. Wishers think like that. Fanboys think like that. Mike Brown thinks like that. Period.

The Bengals aren't doing jack rabbit with AD at QB this season and to trot him out there is a waste of valuable time. And that is time Finley could be using to develop into something better than AD. At worse.... at worse he looks like he would be the same right NOW.... only cheaper over the next 4 seasons.

Right now, after the last two games of seeing Finley play extensively, I would SPRINT to a fax machine to validate a trade of AD and a 4th to the Skins for Trent Williams and either Colt McCoy or Case Keenum. The money works, the players benefit everyone, and the Bengals can move onward and upward into a brighter future.

Finley has looked good, but it's been against #2's, 3's, and 4's playing vanilla schemes.  I'm glad he's looking good, but playing against 1's in games that matter is miles different.

Andy certainly isn't elite, but he's good enough to win with.  You're potentially throwing your season away on a long shot that Finley is a better QB.  

Hate to burst your bubble, but the skins have said they are not trading Williams.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 11:11 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Link to anyone saying last weeks game was bad for Dalton?

See the first reply to my post.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 12:41 PM)Whatever Wrote: Finley has looked good, but it's been against #2's, 3's, and 4's playing vanilla schemes.  I'm glad he's looking good, but playing against 1's in games that matter is miles different.

Andy certainly isn't elite, but he's good enough to win with.  You're potentially throwing your season away on a long shot that Finley is a better QB.  

Hate to burst your bubble, but the skins have said they are not trading Williams.  

Goes both ways though. He’s also been playing with a bunch of our 2s and 3s.

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 12:51 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Goes both ways though. He’s also been playing with a bunch of our 2s and 3s.

True
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
That fact the Finley is playing well is being looked at the wrong way IMO. First, it supports the scouting staff for their analysis which is a good thing. Second, for 2 years he should be the backup and learn the game and at worst we have an excellent backup QB. Can he ever be a starter? No one knows and even if he was he may be Dalton II. Let’s let this play out. It never hurts to have too many good players!!
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
Really hoping Finley takes that backup spot. He looks extremely composed. I was really impressed with the performance he ended up churning out. Better than really anything I've ever seen from Driskel.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 12:51 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Goes both ways though. He’s also been playing with a bunch of our 2s and 3s.

Right. You have to evaluate what he's doing out there. In all fairness, he played as good, if not better than the opposing QB, a first round talent. I was impressed with what he did and he stood strong in the pocket. 

He does look like generic white QB man from Madden though.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 01:08 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Really hoping Finley takes that backup spot. He looks extremely composed. I was really impressed with the performance he ended up churning out. Better than really anything I've ever seen from Driskel.

I think he won the backup spot already with back to back good performances. Also, I read they are trying Driskel at WR and I was tired, but I thought I saw him one play on the punt cover team. Maybe, they are trying to find a way to keep QB's on the roster, 2 true QB's and one hybrid in Driskel.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 12:46 PM)jj22 Wrote: See the first reply to my post.

"Dalton hater" gets thrown around way too much here...but PDub is the one guy that label fits. He's like good ole mulligan circa '13.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 02:13 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: "Dalton hater" gets thrown around way too much here...but PDub is the one guy that label fits. He's like good ole mulligan circa '13.

I miss mulligan
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 02:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I miss mulligan

Ugh, I don't. lol
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Their are quite a few games where driskell would be extremely useful as the scout team QB 2 vs Ravens 1 against seahawks and cards. and to a lesser extent 2 against browns and 1 versus bills
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 02:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I miss mulligan

(08-16-2019, 02:20 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Ugh, I don't. lol

lol and lol

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 12:12 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I was on the treadmill the whole first half with headphones on listening to music, but Core seemed to stand out a bit. 

As much as i like Tate, Core doesn't seem to be hurting his own stock so far. 

This.. .If anything Tate is probly knocking Malone off the roster...

Hard to judge the WR room at the moment but its nice to see the back half get so much time in the preseason.

I would Say of the 3 UDFA's....  Willis is running away with it.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 05:26 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: This.. .If anything Tate is probly knocking Malone off the roster...

Hard to judge the WR room at the moment but its nice to see the back half get so much time in the preseason.

I would Say of the 3 UDFA's....  Willis is running away with it.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2019/08/16/damion-willis-praise-zac-taylor-bengals-breakout-game/

Yep
Reply/Quote
Down:
Tyler Eifert thinks Trayveon Williams is too injury prone
Both kickers. Rookie's got a strong leg but accuracy is an issue. Sorta like the kicker we let go to Philly.
Shawn Williams. Our corp is talented, maybe someone unseats him

Up
Ryan Finley. What's that moving around in the pocket stuff he does?
Auden Tate. Hell he may to something this year
OLINE: Looks good now if they can just figure out it might be best to have Hopkins at C and Price at OG
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 05:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Down:
Tyler Eifert thinks Trayveon Williams is too injury prone
Both kickers. Rookie's got a strong leg but accuracy is an issue. Sorta like the kicker we let go to Philly.
Shawn Williams. Our corp is talented, maybe someone unseats him

Up
Ryan Finley. What's that moving around in the pocket stuff he does?
Auden Tate. Hell he may to something this year
OLINE: Looks good now if they can just figure out it might be best to have Hopkins at C and Price at OG

I believe Tate has a legit shot of making the team. What happens when AJ returns is hard to say at this point ?
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 09:08 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t remember seeing WJ3 out there at all, and he’s not showing up in any box scores...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/matchup?gameId=401128161

He didn't make the tackle either, but it was #22 chasing AP.  Not many plays at all but he was in there
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 11:07 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: At first i thought that was WJ3, but it was actually Dennard.

Really?  Wow...and he hadn't practiced before or since?  That doesn't make a lot of sense.  
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 11:07 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: At first i thought that was WJ3, but it was actually Dennard.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2019/08/15/bengals-redskins-good-bad-ugly-recap/

Read the last line???
Reply/Quote