Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reevaluating the WR market as the regular season comes to a close
Boyd is underrated. Tee is in the camp of being a WR1/2, but plays WR2. We can draft those type of players in the late 1st/2nd. I would rather spend that money elsewhere but this team is so solid I don’t know if it’s worth shaking up. I like Quentin Johnson in the draft this year.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 04:35 AM)DYT_Bengal Wrote: Boyd is underrated. Tee is in the camp of being a WR1/2, but plays WR2. We can draft those type of players in the late 1st/2nd. I would rather spend that money elsewhere but this team is so solid I don’t know if it’s worth shaking up. I like Quentin Johnson in the draft this year.

Quentin Johnston is a stud alright. I don't know if he falls all the way to 32 though.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals don't trade or cut players. If Higgins would rather play out his contract in Cin (and not hold out), he can do that. Boyd is also earning his money. The problem of too many good players is a nice problem to have. My guess is that we try to keep all our starters on defense first. It's cheaper and yields a better result.
However, if any player holds out, refusing to honor their current contract.. we saw that movie with Jessie Bates. I wish this team was more aggressive about trading players for high draft picks when they can and the player wants out.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 11:26 PM)puddycat Wrote: The Bengals don't trade or cut players.  If Higgins would rather play out his contract in Cin (and not hold out), he can do that.  Boyd is also earning his money.  The problem of too many good players is a nice problem to have.  My guess is that we try to keep all our starters on defense first.  It's cheaper and yields a better result.
However, if any player holds out, refusing to honor their current contract..  we saw that movie with Jessie Bates.  I wish this team was more aggressive about trading players for high draft picks when they can and the player wants out.

The Bengals couldn't have traded Bates even if they wanted to because he wasn't under contract while the franchise tag was unsigned and Bates eventually has to cave and sign because he wasn't going to miss out on making $13m. (And they probably regret that now, as Bates once again has been meh.) But by the time he signed the FA rush and the Draft had already happened, so you're not going to really be able to move a $13m cap hit, and also then you'd be getting a 2023 draft pick rather than a 2022 draft pick.

We haven't seen that move from a 23-year-old #1 WR who seems to still be improving and only has $1.8m coming towards him in 2023. If he tries to take it to extension-or-trade this coming offseason, it isn't the same situation as with Bates at all.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
If anyone gives a damn i let Boyd walk and Julian Fleming fell to pick 32 in my Madden franchise and i slid Tee into the slot and Julian has been insane lol
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 06:29 PM)Housh Wrote: If anyone gives a damn i let Boyd walk and Julian Fleming fell to pick 32 in my Madden franchise and i slid Tee into the slot and Julian has been insane lol

madden didnt remove 1 pick? 
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2022, 01:54 PM)bengaloo Wrote: I think eventually Boyd goes and they sign, or try to sign Tee. Keeping Tee and Chase together would be a big deal. Keeping all three doesnt seem possible but it would be great. Irwin is just fine though, and Burrow will make every WR better.  I could see us parting ways with Mixon to make more room to sign Tee, tbh.

I tend to agree and would add, it would be insane to pay any RB good money, draft a new one every 3 years or so.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 10:40 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Bingo... unfortunately.
We've been pretty good at evaluating WRs. I'm sure we will draft another to fill in. If not, there's plenty of stop-gap vets out there.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk

Yup on offense keep Burrow obviously and protect him.  Keep Chase, draft the rest of the offensive skill players.  Not forgetting to acquire/draft very good offensive linemen.

Used saved money on the defense.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 11:58 AM)M.W. Wrote: I tend to agree and would add, it would be insane to pay any RB good money, draft a new one every 3 years or so.

Yeah, we are overpaying Mixon right now, I could see what Bengaloo says happening. Keeping both Ja'Marr and Tee and letting
Boyd and Mixon go to save money. Also I think Hayden won't break the bank and we can bring him back, that is still one of the 
best pass catching corps in the league.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2023, 04:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, we are overpaying Mixon right now, I could see what Bengaloo says happening. Keeping both Ja'Marr and Tee and letting
Boyd and Mixon go to save money. Also I think Hayden won't break the bank and we can bring him back, that is still one of the 
best pass catching corps in the league.

If we get a 1st or 2nd round WR to groom before letting Boyd walk, then we'll be back to the three Amigos with one of the amigos being new.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2023, 12:07 AM)EatonFan Wrote: If we get a 1st or 2nd round WR to groom before letting Boyd walk, then we'll be back to the three Amigos with one of the amigos being new.

Yep, there are ways to keep this team a rollin'...Rick Roll
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2023, 12:07 AM)EatonFan Wrote: If we get a 1st or 2nd round WR to groom before letting Boyd walk, then we'll be back to the three Amigos with one of the amigos being new.

I think this is what you do unless Boyd wants to take a pay cut

A 1st round WR picked at 32(or 30 whatever the SUPERBOWL winner gets) should theoretically be good enough and the crazy part is we don’t have to target a slot or an outside. We can move Tee and Chase in that slot and still eat so we could draft whoever best WR available was
-Housh
Reply/Quote

Do you take a 2023 1st or a 2024 1st when the WR class is better?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I know this will ruffle some feathers, but I think we should probably move on from both Tee and Tyler. Burrow and Chase will be taking a HUGE portion of the cap. Burrow will make it work with some talented draft picks on rookie deals.

We need to show some love to the rest of this roster as well. Particularly the defense, which has been almost as big a factor as Burrow in these playoff runs.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 09:47 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I know this will ruffle some feathers, but I think we should probably move on from both Tee and Tyler. Burrow and Chase will be taking a HUGE portion of the cap. Burrow will make it work with some talented draft picks on rookie deals.

We need to show some love to the rest of this roster as well. Particularly the defense, which has been almost as big a factor as Burrow in these playoff runs.

I would try and Sign Tee to a 3 year Deal . Front loaded as much as posible with the other signings.  Which gives us a little time with Chases 5th year option before both have massive paydays kick in.

But it just depends on if Tee wants the Biggest pay day possible or the best scenario possible cant blame him either way.

Draft a replacement for Boyd (if not already on the roster)
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2023, 12:05 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I would try and Sign Tee to a 3 year Deal . Front loaded as much as posible with the other signings.  Which gives us a little time with Chases 5th year option before both have massive paydays kick in.

But it just depends on if Tee wants the Biggest pay day possible or the best scenario possible cant blame him either way.

Draft a replacement for Boyd (if not already on the roster)

If we can get creative and Tee is willing to offer some wiggle room, sure.

I'm just assuming that won't be the case, but hopefully I'm wrong and Tee prefers being here over maximizing his earning potential.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote