Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ref Crew
Why did the NFL decide to use the same crew that could not control the game the last time we played Pitt. Was this the right/wrong decision by the NFL? please explain your answer.
Reply/Quote
They were the best crew to ensure the result the NFL wanted.
[Image: Kongmoving.gif] Tiger
Reply/Quote
That moment when an entire city realizes that a "conspiracy theory" isn't so crazy. Yipes.
Reply/Quote
I'd like to take exception to this crew working the game, but I've seen nothing from the NFL this year to convince me that any other crew would have handled this any better.
Reply/Quote
It's good to see that at least a couple of media outlets recognize that officiating in the game was a problem. It's worth noting that in addition to the egregious foul against Bernard that went uncalled, they went for Eifert's head earlier in the game and that went uncalled as well.

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2016/01/10/nfl-should-be-embarrassed-by-pittsburgh-steelers-cincinnati-bengals-game/
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/195380/faq-a-chaotic-fourth-quarter-of-calls-in-steelers-bengals
Reply/Quote
Why does the league do anything? Higher ratings, thus more money.

Perhaps one of these days, the league will decide that having fulltime refs is worthwhile.

But, probably not.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
This is why I don't have a problem with Burficts hit.

Bernard's was definitely an illegal hit, and it is not something that any player will not notice.

So when Burfict sees the illegal hits done to his teammates and no flag is thrown. Then he will play accordingly. A shoulder shot to the head isn't nearly as bad as a leading with the crown hit to the jaw.

Everyone was complaining about OBJ and Norman, mainly OBJ. However what started that whole thing was Norman picking up and body slamming OBJ right in front of the official, long after the whistle. OBJ even appealed to the ref, before being slammed to the ground. When a flag doesn't come, it makes the player/s want to retaliate. That is why it is important to call consistently.

The 1 time you don't, then it just sets off a retaliation mindset of "oh, we can play this way? OK, I will?"

For the ref to call that penalty at that particular time in the game, they just gave the win to the Steelers.

Of course, it wouldn't have come down to the refs if Hill can stop planning his celebrations for a moment, and concentrate on doing his job.
Reply/Quote