Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ref Crew for Sunday
Pete Morelli's team has been assigned to the game. He last worked a Bengal game in 2013 (Jets). His entire team was reassigned after last year due to a high number of errors. It was his team yanked from Sunday Night Football after a timing error led to a winning Jacksonville field goal against the Ravens. You would have thought that the NFL would have assigned a highly experienced crew to work this game. Obviously, they didn't learn their lessons from last year

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Sick 

Not expecting the most fair of games.  Nor am I expecting them to keep the Pukesburgians in line as they ought to.  Prove me wrong Morelli!
Reply/Quote
Bengals got the same biased crew for the last two Steelers games last year, and now they're getting the demoted crew this year.

They might as well have coaxed Bill Leavy out of retirement for the Steelers.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
The NFL leadership is disgraceful!
Reply/Quote
Apparentley Morelli's crew was so bad in 2015 the NFL split the crew up for this season.

http://deadspin.com/nfl-breaks-up-pete-morellis-entire-officiating-crew-aft-1778447955

From the article listed:
"Football Zebras has the 2016 crew rosters (Three new officials! One retirement! You could at least try to look excited.) and none of the seven-person crew will be working together this year. As Ben Austro explains in the comments on that post, this is a pretty typical NFL move for underperforming officials, in the hopes of either shaking them up or identifying the ones whose performance remains subpar across crews."
Reply/Quote
Maybe this crew is being punished for poor performance? I doubt refs love the idea of working this game.

You'd think they'd want their best possible crew for this one.

Hopefully the flags aren't as lopsided as they were in Steelers @ Redskins
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Not the first time a ref was yanked nor will be the last. Just hope they will learn their lesson.
Happy Halloween
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 10:56 PM)pally Wrote: Pete Morelli's team has been assigned to the game.  He last worked a Bengal game in 2013 (Jets).  His entire team was reassigned after last year due to a high number of errors.  It was his team yanked from Sunday Night Football after a timing error led to a winning Jacksonville field goal against the Ravens.  You would have thought that the NFL would have assigned a highly experienced crew to work this game.  Obviously, they didn't learn their lessons from last year

Was a pretty great Bengal game! Maybe he has a bias in our favor! We can only hope.
Reply/Quote
He's Italian, so he's cool.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
We're ******.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
a (mostly) mistake free football game will limit the chances of ref error.

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 11:48 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Maybe this crew is being punished for poor performance? I doubt refs love the idea of working this game.

Fully expect the flags to be lopsided and not on our side.

Bengals will have to beat refs and steelers. Refs will be out to make a point early as well. 

Got to keep our cool and just whip the snot out them. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 11:48 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Maybe this crew is being punished for poor performance? I doubt refs love the idea of working this game.

My fear of getting the "best" crew is getting Hochulli. His crew calling a Bengals-Steelers game would result in a 10 hour game where every other play is negated due to holding.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 10:56 PM)pally Wrote: Pete Morelli's team has been assigned to the game.  He last worked a Bengal game in 2013 (Jets).  His entire team was reassigned after last year due to a high number of errors.  It was his team yanked from Sunday Night Football after a timing error led to a winning Jacksonville field goal against the Ravens.  You would have thought that the NFL would have assigned a highly experienced crew to work this game.  Obviously, they didn't learn their lessons from last year

Typically if somebody gets in trouble at work and called out for it they tend to do really well (at least short term) if they aren't fired because they know they're under a microscope. Let's hope this logic plays out on Sunday for us.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote

You sure would think they would want their best possible crew for this one.

Guess the NFL wants to have another crazy game for ratings...
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 02:45 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Fully expect the flags to be lopsided and not on our side.

Bengals will have to beat refs and steelers. Refs will be out to make a point early as well. 

Got to keep our cool and just whip the snot out them. 

This is why it will probably be close. Otherwise i would expect us to beat them down this game.

We should play our asses off this game and will be wanting revenge, don't care what Marv says.

That Secondary will get shredded unless they call a bunch of BS Offensive PI's and holds.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 04:11 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: My fear of getting the "best" crew is getting Hochulli. His crew calling a Bengals-Steelers game would result in a 10 hour game where every other play is negated due to holding.

Maybe if we're able to get Ed an hour of air time before the game his ego will be satiated to the point that he'll keep it to just 4 hours.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 04:11 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: My fear of getting the "best" crew is getting Hochulli. His crew calling a Bengals-Steelers game would result in a 10 hour game where every other play is negated due to holding.

Hochuli and his crew were the one's who "forgot" that you're not allowed to to use your helmet to attempt to decapitate a punter when Huber got his neck broken, iirc.
Reply/Quote

That was my thought also. I figured Pete Morelli's crew must have drawn the short straw or was in the ref dog house or something.

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 11:54 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He's Italian, so he's cool.

Possibilmente.

Pete Morelli is okay but at least the Bengals didn't get Gene Steratore who might as well wear black and yellow instead of black and white on the field.
Reply/Quote