Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ref assignment
Bill Vinovich's team is assigned to the game on Sunday. Vinovich is considered one of the better refs working multiple championship games and high profile games. His last game worked for either team was last years Dec 18th Steelers-Bengals game here in Cincinnati.

Steelers were called for 7 penalties for 104 yards. Bengals 8-86. Included in our penalties were 15 yards against Adam Jones for taunting, 15 yards against Pat Sims for unnecessary roughing, 15 yards against Burfict for unnecessary roughness, and Kirkpatrick was called for 2 holding and 1 DPI. On the other side Steelers were also called for 3 unnecessary roughness plays as well as a long DPI and chop block. Pouncy was a jumping jack accounting for multiple penalties.

Looking back at some of the threads from that weekend we weren't bitching about the refing more than any other normal game and far less than a normal Steelers game. So looks like they call it close but equally.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
At least no John Parry. Good.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2017, 04:33 PM)pally Wrote: Bill Vinovich's team is assigned to the game on Sunday.  Vinovich is considered one of the better refs working multiple championship games and high profile games.  His last game worked for either team was last years Dec 18th Steelers-Bengals game here in Cincinnati.

Steelers were called for 7 penalties for 104 yards.  Bengals 8-86.  Included in our penalties were 15 yards against Adam Jones for taunting, 15 yards against Pat Sims for unnecessary roughing, 15 yards against Burfict for unnecessary roughness, and Kirkpatrick was called for 2 holding and 1 DPI.  On the other side Steelers were also called for 3 unnecessary roughness plays as well as a long DPI and chop block.  Pouncy was a jumping jack accounting for multiple penalties.

Looking back at some of the threads from that weekend we weren't bitching about the refing more than any other normal game and far less than a normal Steelers game.  So looks like they call it close but equally.

I will believe it when I see it. I don't trust ANY of them when it comes to the NFL darling teams.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2017, 04:33 PM)pally Wrote: Bill Vinovich's team is assigned to the game on Sunday.  Vinovich is considered one of the better refs working multiple championship games and high profile games.  His last game worked for either team was last years Dec 18th Steelers-Bengals game here in Cincinnati.

Steelers were called for 7 penalties for 104 yards.  Bengals 8-86.  Included in our penalties were 15 yards against Adam Jones for taunting, 15 yards against Pat Sims for unnecessary roughing, 15 yards against Burfict for unnecessary roughness, and Kirkpatrick was called for 2 holding and 1 DPI.  On the other side Steelers were also called for 3 unnecessary roughness plays as well as a long DPI and chop block.  Pouncy was a jumping jack accounting for multiple penalties.

Looking back at some of the threads from that weekend we weren't bitching about the refing more than any other normal game and far less than a normal Steelers game.  So looks like they call it close but equally.

Good news, because I clicked this link with more nerves than anything that has to do with injuries.  
Reply/Quote
I see we have Romo again. I think I am the only one that doesn't care for him. Sure he understands the game, but to listen to him, he's won numerous Super Bowls. He choked most of the time when the game was on the line..

Vinovich is a pretty good ref, not saying there won't be any shenanigans but he's pretty down the middle.
Reply/Quote
We'll see, I guess. I honestly think the Steelers commit 30 penalties every game and only get called for 5-10.

That may be an exaggeration, but yall probably get my drift. It's not the penalties they get called for that I worry about. It's all the little things they get by with that gives them a slight edge in a close game.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Wasn't this the crew they called in to shut down all of the shenanigans between these two teams? No complaints here. I thought they called a good game.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2017, 07:04 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I see we have Romo again. I think I am the only one that doesn't care for him. Sure he understands the game, but to listen to him, he's won numerous Super Bowls. He choked most of the time when the game was on the line..

Vinovich is a pretty good ref, not saying there won't be any shenanigans but he's pretty down the middle.

I'm okay with you disliking Romo but your reasoning is pretty silly. So unless someone is a SB winning player their opinions mean less? I'm sure people would listen to others over Munoz because he didn't win a SB...
Also, Romo has the highest QBR of any quarterback in the 4th quarter from 2007 until he retired. He also had almost a 10 year stretch where he led the league in 4th quarter comebacks and game winning drives. During that same time he was also a top 5 QB in the league.

This post isn't meant to attack you specifically but just a general post for people that don't actually put any research into their opinions or reasons for disliking someone/something. A big problem with our country in general now. 
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2017, 07:42 PM)Sweetness Wrote: I'm okay with you disliking Romo but your reasoning is pretty silly. So unless someone is a SB winning player their opinions mean less? I'm sure people would listen to others over Munoz because he didn't win a SB...
Also, Romo has the highest QBR of any quarterback in the 4th quarter from 2007 until he retired. He also had almost a 10 year stretch where he led the league in 4th quarter comebacks and game winning drives. During that same time he was also a top 5 QB in the league.

This post isn't meant to attack you specifically but just a general post for people that don't actually put any research into their opinions or reasons for disliking someone/something. A big problem with our country in general now. 

People just parrot what they've heard, and yes it's a nationwide problem.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
After listening to all these well-reasoned arguments, I conclude: The Steelers and their fans suck canal water. That is all.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2017, 07:04 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I see we have Romo again. I think I am the only one that doesn't care for him. Sure he understands the game, but to listen to him, he's won numerous Super Bowls. He choked most of the time when the game was on the line..

Romo is better than aikman, who won multiple super bowls.

I enjoy watching/listening to him, it actually makes me a more intelligent fan, he does a good job explaining why. I don't enjoy everyone else trying to emulate him.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2017, 09:00 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Romo is better than aikman, who won multiple super bowls.

I enjoy watching/listening to him, it actually makes me a more intelligent fan, he does a good job explaining why.  I don't enjoy everyone else trying to emulate him.

I have two problems very early with Romo

1.  talks way more than needed for commentary, a good announcer lets the game come to him not just talk over the game while it is going on. 
2. He has early bias for sure.. I remember him grilling Dalton for missing a WR downfield then over the weekend Ben did the same and he goes on and on about just being off a bit, out of sync... etc.. kid gloves for Ben.. grills Andy.. 
Reply/Quote
Don't worry, the league will tame Romo with his commentary from 'insightful' to bland and slobbering over league favorites.. We can't have someone calling games sounding like he knows what he's talking about. No, we need bafoons  who jabber on endlessly about non-issue issues. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2017, 08:46 PM)Thundercloud Wrote: After listening to all these well-reasoned arguments, I conclude: The Steelers and their fans suck canal water. That is all.

Geez sorry for not doing my research on someone that I don't like! Maybe it's the gawd damn fact that every time a play is about to start he says, " here's what I would do" or after the play he says what was wrong with it. Just shut the hell up Romo.
I'm sorry but when some a**hole tells me what I should do and how I should think it pisses me off. Spent 25 years in the military retired a full Commander. And some piss ant tells me to do my research!! 
Reply/Quote
Sorry thundercloud my rant was towards sweetness.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2017, 10:33 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: He has early bias for sure.. I remember him grilling Dalton for missing a WR downfield then over the weekend Ben did the same and he goes on and on about just being off a bit, out of sync... etc.. kid gloves for Ben.. grills Andy.. 

Lord, the persecution complex around here just. never. stops.  Maybe we should pool our money and hire a board shrink.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2017, 11:36 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Sorry thundercloud my rant was towards sweetness.

Hahaha! I wondered what was happening there.  I was just trying to take a cheap, funny shot at the Steelers and their fans. 
Reply/Quote
I like it that we have Romo this weekend. Dude calls a good game. Let's just hope the refs do as well.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2017, 12:21 AM)BMK Wrote: Lord, the persecution complex around here just. never. stops.  Maybe we should pool our money and hire a board shrink.

Well.....he did have a point.  Pig Pen threw five pick and two picks sixes in a game, and he's "off".  Another QB misses a guy that's open, and gets roasted.  Maybe just a tad biased ya think?  

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote