Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reflecting back 2009
(09-26-2020, 03:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True, I like changing it up. That is also why I really liked Hue as an OC.

Hue would throw Defenses for a loop with his play calls...

Hue was great until he treated every game as a live job interview for a Head Coaching job. He got a bit too cute with the play calling trying to show off. Then it went from "I'm glad Hue is on our coaching staff" to "I can't wait until he is gone" real quick.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2020, 04:11 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Hue was great until he treated every game as a live job interview for a Head Coaching job. He got a bit too cute with the play calling trying to show off. Then it went from "I'm glad Hue is on our coaching staff" to "I can't wait until he is gone" real quick.

Agree, go watch that vid in the Zac Taylor Offense thread that Harley put up. That is some seriously funny shit. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2020, 01:09 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Yeah, amazing how the NFL made up the stat that shows that the 2010 Bengals had the worst average yards per rush attempt in the league.

This was the season that made Carson Palmer walk away. Half of the time, they couldn't covert a 3rd and 1, but people want to believe that Dalton walked into a stacked 4-12 team for some reason.

(09-26-2020, 01:34 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Bullshit back..  4-12 for a reason.. they were 22 in offense in 2010.. they also did not run the ball that well in 2010 Cook and Livings were in their 3rd year in 2011.. Williams was in his 10th a shell of himself.. he played 1/2 the games, pretty much out of football in a year.  Andre Smith had barely played.. so we had no idea what we would get out of him... by 2012 we had replaced Livings and Williams, Cooks played two more seasons... 

They were not very good coming into the season besides Whit... I agree Smith did start to perform.. but we had no clue how he was going to play.. Only Whit at that time would be considered a big upgrade to what we have now .. eventually Smith will start to play and not be hurt but really outside of Whit.. they were just a serviceable line at best

Um... I'm clearly talking about 2011; Boling wasn't a rookie in 2010, nor was Bobbie hurt/suspended and they did NOT have the worst YPC.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 01:40 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Um... I'm clearly talking about 2011; Boling wasn't a rookie in 2010, nor was Bobbie hurt/suspended and they did NOT have the worst YPC.

Well, so were we. All we knew about the 2011 Bengals O-line was that they had no push at the LOS the year before and they were starting the season with a rookie QB that had no OTAs and a shortened training camp due to a lockout. I'm thinking that is the comparison with 2020. Rookie QB, poor O-line from the year before with a shortened training camp.

All we know about the 2020 O-line is from last year and two games in 2020, which looks a lot like last year. You're talking about end of season stats in 2011, we're only two games into the 2020 stats and they are not good.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 01:40 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Um... I'm clearly talking about 2011; Boling wasn't a rookie in 2010, nor was Bobbie hurt/suspended and they did NOT have the worst YPC.

You really are confused about judging a team coming in from previous season with judging a team at end of next season.. everything I posted is factually true as 210 team performed and 2011 roster looked opening games.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote