Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Refreshing humility
(12-10-2023, 09:41 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I think they will trade him where he’s got a real chance to start but will want appropriate compensation. They won’t be unrealistic

Except we never do that.  We would be smart to pick up another QB and wait until the trade deadline to deal Jake, there are always teams that lose a QB early.  Assuming of course Jake maintains this level of play.

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 09:40 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Zak is redeeming himself in my eyes.  However, why did it take so long into the season to “discover” the run game.  I don’t want to hear is BS that they aren’t calling anything different.  

I do think Chase Brown is adding a new dimension to the offense, but shows you that Chris Evan’s and Tryon Williams aren’t the answer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I don't recall what week it was, but Zac said it was Chase Brown time and the Brown messed his hamstring up and missed a few weeks. You are right that Evans and Williams are not the answer. Good for spelling Mixon and Brown.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 09:38 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: All these posts assuming Jake's value are very premature. Everyone assumes "Mr. Glass" returns and plays to a previous high level. Keep Jake and prepare for more games without "Mr. Hero."

Browns fans on Twitter are not this critical of Burrow, good job.

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 08:54 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: I mean, this Franchise has been refreshing throughout Taylor's tenure really. He's built a team full of good guys who are easy to like. Really good culture he's put together here, so it's no surprise that these guys fit the mould too.

Dittos.

Such an easy team to root for.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 09:38 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: All these posts assuming Jake's value are very premature. Everyone assumes "Mr. Glass" returns and plays to a previous high level. Keep Jake and prepare for more games without "Mr. Hero."

Wow...really just wow...
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 09:47 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Would be a really interesting scenario. People would liken it to Foles, but the difference there is Philly hadn't 'obviously' found their Franchise QB in Wentz... and also hadn't just made him the best paid player in the NFL that preseason either. I tend to assume we'd default back to Burrow, but surely you would had to consider whether Browning would actually be who we move forward with.

In the more likely scenario we don't win it all this year, we should absolutely be looking to keep Browning for the foreseeable. We were all moaning about 'cheap Mike Brown' not paying for a backup... but here he is!

Jake is making the league minimum this year and next.  We are for sure extending Chase and McPhearson, tagging Tee?  Reader & Jonah?  Im not sure what number would be acceptable to Jake, the free market may be very enticing.  Again, assuming he continues to play well.

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 09:51 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Browns fans on Twitter are not this critical of Burrow, good job.

Thanks.

"Many quarterbacks are great, if they can play." - Andrew Luck
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 09:55 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Jake is making the league minimum this year and next.  We are for sure extending Chase and McPhearson, tagging Tee?  Reader & Jonah?  Im not sure what number would be acceptable to Jake, the free market may be very enticing.  Again, assuming he continues to play well.

Yep, I mean we clearly can't go too crazy on what we offer the guy, and it might be that someone else comes in with starter money. I'd guess if he plays well in these next 4 games and carries us to the outskirts of, or even in to, the playoffs... then there will be a team willing to chuck him some money. We'll see.
Reply/Quote
Can he punt?
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote

What a sad post. .
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 10:14 PM)Sled21 Wrote: What a sad post. .

Well, I hope you find some holiday cheer.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 09:51 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Browns fans on Twitter are not this critical of Burrow, good job.

(12-10-2023, 09:55 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Wow...really just wow...

(12-10-2023, 10:14 PM)Sled21 Wrote: What a sad post. .

Dude chose Peewee Herman as his profile pic…
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 10:00 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Yep, I mean we clearly can't go too crazy on what we offer the guy, and it might be that someone else comes in with starter money. I'd guess if he plays well in these next 4 games and carries us to the outskirts of, or even in to, the playoffs... then there will be a team willing to chuck him some money. We'll see.

We have him for the league minimum next season, lets hope he continues to play well and gives us options.

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 10:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Dude chose Peewee Herman as his profile pic…
Yeah, because your avatar profile pic is so much better. Too funny.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 10:24 PM)casear2727 Wrote: We have him for the league minimum next season, lets hope he continues to play well and gives us options.

That's a major finesse for owners. He can absolutely tear things up and will make the NFL equivalent to minimum wage for another year. Can't really see the fault in some for getting their hands on as much money as possible when they can.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 10:29 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Yeah, because your avatar profile pic is so much better. Too funny.

I have a classic piece of art from renowned artist Alex Colville.

You have a dude from an annoying kids show who was arrested for exposing himself in public.

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 09:55 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Jake is making the league minimum this year and next.  We are for sure extending Chase and McPhearson, tagging Tee?  Reader & Jonah?  Im not sure what number would be acceptable to Jake, the free market may be very enticing.  Again, assuming he continues to play well.

He was pretty bad today. Two horrible drops, and a penalty that wiped out a pretty nice TD throw from McCarron.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I think pee wee's show was popular for its time and the big adventure wasn't a terrible movie lol.

In other news:
TJ Houshmandzadeh of the Cincinnati Bengals was forced to obtain a restraining order against a woman who changed her last name to Houshmandzadeh due to her obsession with him. Per, @TMZ_Sports
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 10:41 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I think pee wee's show was popular for its time and the big adventure wasn't a terrible movie lol.

The movie was alright, I’ll give you that. Large Marge scared the shit out of me as a kid. LOL

It’s really the whole sexual offender thing that makes him such a strange choice.

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 10:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I have a classic piece of art from renowned artist Alex Colville.

You have a dude from an annoying kids show who was arrested for exposing himself in public.

Yep,according to the Montreal Museum of Art, "Alex Colville has, for decades, either been revered or abhorred by critics for the kitschy, naive sentimentality of his realist paintings."

Sounds like a master. Right up there with Pee Wee.
Reply/Quote