Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Refugees Protect Woman From Sexual Harassment In Germany
(01-30-2016, 04:47 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If the Germans were the weaker group. Unfortunately for your Syrian boys they aren't ....

It's only a matter of time until that whole situation gets bloody. And I mean the Germans will start spilling Syrian and North African blood for a change.

I appears that you are promoting this. Those that did not assimilate when the British and Dutch did their thing were faced with violence. So if you are a proponent of that system then it would stand to reason that you are a proponent of violence in this situation as well.
(01-30-2016, 04:47 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If the Germans were the weaker group.   Unfortunately for your Syrian boys they aren't ....  

It's only a matter of time until that whole situation gets bloody.  And I mean the Germans will start spilling Syrian and North African blood for a change.

So if more Syrians come and become the stronger group, you're 100% in support of them replacing the dominant culture and forcing the Germans to assimilate?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-30-2016, 04:50 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Look up the definition.  Pretty self explanatory.

One would think, but cultural integration very much describes what happened in the United States between the mid 1800's to now. We've seen cultural diffusion in which aspects of other cultures have been adopted by Americans, integration in which new groups have adopted aspects of American culture while maintaining their own culture too, and assimilation where new groups have completely abandoned their culture for the domination American culture.

So before dismissing his question, open yourself up to the possibility that you're using the word incorrectly. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(01-30-2016, 04:50 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Look up the definition.  Pretty self explanatory.

I knew you couldn't do it. Why do you think I asked?

(01-29-2016, 12:32 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: There is zero incentive to be the best. 

Yep, you are exactly what you complain about. What was it that got you fired?  The laziness?  The stupidity?  The inappropriate remarks?
(01-30-2016, 12:42 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Yep, you are exactly what you complain about. What was it that got you fired?  The laziness?  The stupidity?  The inappropriate remarks?

Don't hold your breath for an honest response to this. 
Belsnick Wrote:I appears that you are promoting this. Those that did not assimilate when the British and Dutch did their thing were faced with violence. So if you are a proponent of that system then it would stand to reason that you are a proponent of violence in this situation as well.

Not promoting violence at all. Just stating that when two groups meet and can't live together then the weaker or smaller ones assimilate into the larger or stronger group.

I am making an observation that I think violence is coming to Europe on a large scale. Actually Roto posted a story in another thread about this very thing.
BmorePat Wrote:So if more Syrians come and become the stronger group, you're 100% in support of them replacing the dominant culture and forcing the Germans to assimilate?

That won't happen. Europe will be covered in refugee blood before that day comes. And why would I be ok with a non western group taking over a western nation?
oncemoreuntothejimbree Wrote:I knew you couldn't do it. Why do you think I asked?

Yep, you are exactly what you complain about. What was it that got you fired?  The laziness?  The stupidity?  The inappropriate remarks?

Fired? What are you talking about?
(01-30-2016, 03:08 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: That won't happen.   Europe will be covered in refugee blood before that day comes.     And why would I be ok with a non western group taking over a western nation?

Because if the western nation is too weak to fight back that's too bad for them.  Right?

Invasion and taking over is the only way.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(01-30-2016, 09:24 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I appears that you are promoting this. Those that did not assimilate when the British and Dutch did their thing were faced with violence. So if you are a proponent of that system then it would stand to reason that you are a proponent of violence in this situation as well.

(01-30-2016, 03:28 PM)GMDino Wrote: Because if the western nation is too weak to fight back that's too bad for them.  Right?

Invasion and taking over is the only way.

Is this what the argument has come down to? Comparing a hypothetical violent Syrian takeover of the sovereign nation of Germany, with what happened to the Native Americans, who by way were at war with each other anyway?

Germany is a sovereign nation, plus there is something in place today called NATO.

Set me straight if I have misinterpreted what you guys are saying.
(01-30-2016, 04:39 PM)Vlad Wrote: Is this what the argument has come down to? Comparing a hypothetical violent Syrian takeover of Germany, with what happened to the Native Americans, who by way were at war with each other anyway?

Germany is a sovereign nation, plus there is something in place today called NATO.

Set me straight if I have misinterpreted.

No, its come down to Lucy saying the Indians were weak and LUCKY that they got taken over by the British and the Dutch...but If another country invaded, say, Germany it could never happen and if it did it would be awful because savages, primitives and western way.

Or some such drivel.

Its a real ***** when you try to talk out of both sides of your mouth and both sides are dripping with crap and you get called out on it.

Not that Lucy cares...he's just trying to stir stuff up.  He'll admit when he's wrong...IF HE EVER IS!!!1!!!11!!!   Smirk
(01-30-2016, 03:10 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Fired?   What are you talking about?

(01-30-2016, 04:50 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Pretty self explanatory.

The question is "pretty self explanatory."  What got you fired?

Look, let's just assume for a second you aren't lying about being a former teacher like you lie about everything else.

(01-29-2016, 12:32 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: There is zero incentive to be the best.

When you stated there was "zero incentive to be the best" teacher you could be, you inadvertently revealed you were the worst kind of teacher there is. You can substitute anything for "teacher" in that sentence.  Teacher, fireman, doctor, student, carpenter, baton twirler, basket weaver, mechanic, husband, father, etc.  Being the best teacher you can be doesn't have anything to do with how well or poorly other teachers perform their jobs.  When you were teaching a student the last f$%&ing thing that should have been on your mind was the salary of another teacher. Being the best only involves how you perform your job.  Being the best at anything involves competing with yourself to be better than you were yesterday.  Everyday.  Period. It is totally independent of the salary.  

You're welcome for the life lesson.
(01-30-2016, 04:39 PM)Vlad Wrote: Is this what the argument has come down to? Comparing a hypothetical violent Syrian takeover of the sovereign nation of Germany, with what happened to the Native Americans, who by way were at war with each other anyway?

Set me straight if I have misinterpreted what you guys are saying.

The Old World colonial powers were at war with each other, too.

What makes a nation sovereign?  Have you ever heard of the Iroquois Confederacy?  Or how it affected certain documents written by certain founding fathers?
(01-27-2016, 09:55 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: You'rr probably one of those that think God gave the Europeans this land.  It's not about a wholesale return bud.  You and I didn't do a god damned thing.  It's about acknowledging the reality of the situation so that the same atrocities don't occur in the future.  Unfortunately people like yourself would rather strut around and be proud of the plight of an entire population than show a little respect.  

Your 'spicy' peacocking is a pitiful attempt to make yourself feel better about your failed existence. 

Conquest was the European way.  It doesn't make it right but that's how it was.

The error here is trying to look at the past through today's lens.  People were very different then.  In those days, you were either a conqueror or a conquest.  But, for a country that's only about 250 years old, we have come a long way.    

Most countries have heinous behavior in their past.  Our is no different.  But it can't be ignored how the country evolved beyond its beginnings.  Yes, it most certainly took too long but the path is undeniable.  It just took time to get the European out of us.

No group of people can change its past.  The question is, how will that group of people evolve?  Needless to say, we don't behave in a colonial European way any more.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

(01-30-2016, 05:04 PM)McC Wrote: Conquest was the European way.  It doesn't make it right but that's how it was.

The error here is trying to look at the past through today's lens.  People were very different then.  In those days, you were either a conqueror or a conquest.  But, for a country that's only about 250 years old, we have come a long way.    

Most countries have heinous behavior in their past.  Our is no different.  But it can't be ignored how the country evolved beyond its beginnings.  Yes, it most certainly took too long but the path is undeniable.  It just took time to get the European out of us.

No group of people can change its past.  The question is, how will that group of people evolve?  Needless to say, we don't behave in a colonial European way any more.

Yeah, we've moved on from Colonialism to Imperialism. 
(01-30-2016, 05:27 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Yeah, we've moved on from Colonialism to Imperialism. 

That's a damned lie.  We're the best thing going.  We're not perfect.  We're still a work in progress.  But we do progress.   And simple minds mistake a government for a people.  This place allows you to have your goofy agenda
about this country even as you are surrounded by and no doubt enjoying its bounties.  How can you beat that?

Why are so many people from all over the world beating the door down to get in here if we're so vile?

Our faults and weaknesses are human faults and weaknesses.  Our ethics, our mores are righteous.  We rise to the occasion, we are reliable, we believe in doing right.

The fact that there are wrong doers is not a weakness in America or what it stands for.  It's a weakness in the species.  Certain men chase, capture and then abuse or mismanage power.  Certain men refuse to abide by the rules.  That all goes back to the beginning of Man.  We didn't invent it.  But we have greatly improved on it.

I won't blame you for what Congress did or didn't do and you don't blame me for what the President did or didn't do.  The reality is, neither of us could a damned thing about it.  Maybe that's our biggest weakness--that, over the years, we allowed our government to get so beyond our control.  Can't change that now, though.

But you can't just damn a whole nation of people because of the snakes running the show.  That just seems like over simplified thinking.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

oncemoreuntothejimbree Wrote:Yeah, we've moved on from Colonialism to Imperialism. 

We do have some imperialistic tendencies. We shouldn't be ... but that's the progressive influence in our foreign policy. Thanks Teddy Roosevelt and Woodrow Wilson.
(01-30-2016, 05:54 PM)McC Wrote: That's a damned lie.  We're the best thing going.  We're not perfect.  We're still a work in progress.  But we do progress.   And simple minds mistake a government for a people.  This place allows you to have your goofy agenda
about this country even as you are surrounded by and no doubt enjoying its bounties.  How can you beat that?

Why are so many people from all over the world beating the door down to get in here if we're so vile?

Our faults and weaknesses are human faults and weaknesses.  Our ethics, our mores are righteous.  We rise to the occasion, we are reliable, we believe in doing right.

The fact that there are wrong doers is not a weakness in America or what it stands for.  It's a weakness in the species.  Certain men chase, capture and then abuse or mismanage power.  Certain men refuse to abide by the rules.  That all goes back to the beginning of Man.  We didn't invent it.  But we have greatly improved on it.

I won't blame you for what Congress did or didn't do and you don't blame me for what the President did or didn't do.  The reality is, neither of us could a damned thing about it.  Maybe that's our biggest weakness--that, over the years, we allowed our government to get so beyond our control.  Can't change that now, though.

But you can't just damn a whole nation of people because of the snakes running the show.  That just seems like over simplified thinking.

Stick around. The concept of "reason" or being "reasonable" escapes those is this liberal looney bin.
(01-30-2016, 06:02 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: We do have some imperialistic tendencies.    We shouldn't be ... but that's the progressive influence in our foreign policy.        Thanks Teddy Roosevelt and Woodrow Wilson.

How do explain that our foreign policy hasn't changed since the 1920's?  I mean since it has been so awful and all in your opinion?
(01-30-2016, 06:02 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: We do have some imperialistic tendencies. We shouldn't be ... but that's the progressive influence in our foreign policy. Thanks Teddy Roosevelt and Woodrow Wilson.

So you blame Wilson for something he was against?