Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Regarding the 2 point conversion.
I have seen a few people claim that we should have just pounded it right up the middle for an automatic two points, but I don't think it would have been that easy.

The Bengals had 24 running plays and only 8 of them went for more than 2 yards. A full third of them (8) went for zero gain or a loss of yardage.

This was one of the worst rushing performances I have seen in a long time by the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
I wouldnt have ran it either, and wouldnt have called that backwards flare either when I have Eifert and AJ in there.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Doesn't make throwing the ball backwards when we needed 2 yards any more acceptable. Dangerous dumb play to Hill who is not even a good pass catching back. A high school play caller could have success with the talent we have on offense. I won't be sad if Hue isn't calling plays next year
Reply/Quote
If hill holds onto the ball it's a moot point
Reply/Quote
Where the hell was Fisher most of the game? Poor coaching......again.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Easy to second guess given the outcome I realize, but I think the wildcat with Sanu taking the snap would have made sense there.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 12:39 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I have seen a few people claim that we should have just pounded it right up the middle for an automatic two points, but I don't think it would have been that easy.

The Bengals had 24 running plays and only 8 of them went for more than 2 yards.  A full third of them (8) went for zero gain or a loss of yardage.

This was one of the worst rushing performances I have seen in a long time by the Bengals.

Which is why, to me, Hill's fumble is that much worse.

I would have loved to see him run with the same authority and decisiveness that we saw after Gio went down.  I mean, that TD run was impressive.  Hell, even the run where he fumbled the ball was pretty nice, however, that was too little too late.  If Hill ran that way the whole game, then we wouldn't have needed a 1st down there, the game would have been over a lot earlier with us the victors. 

So, I can agree that through the whole game, we weren't running very well, but after Gio went down Hill kind of changed in his running.  Who knows, maybe they stop him short, but he just seemed to be just the ticket to plow through on the 2 point conversion.  Just straight up the middle, with all the big boys in front.
Reply/Quote