Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reggie Nelson, SD Killer.
Over his career, Reggie Nelson has played against the Chargers 5 times. His team has won every time, except the playoff loss in 2013.

In each of those games, Reggie Nelson has caused 1 turnover.

When we lost to the Chargers, Reggie Nelson had 1 tackle, no turnovers, and was a nonfactor.

I expect Reggie to make an important turnover to win the game. He has 2 FF and 2 INTS in his 4 regular season games vs SD, so here is to hoping he continues his streak.

Go Reggie! ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Let's hope. Reggie is so underrated. I hate to lose him next season, but not sure we can keep him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2015, 02:05 PM)jj22 Wrote: Let's hope. Reggie is so underrated. I hate to lose him next season, but not sure we can keep him.

Ah, don't get me started haha. Lots of people have him locked in as a guy to let go but I don't feel the same. Most underrated Bengal by a good margin.
Reply/Quote
I hope you are right. Something about the safety position (like the center position) Mike just doesn't prioritize, and if it was between him and Iloka, I think it's Iloka.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2015, 01:55 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Over his career, Reggie Nelson has played against the Chargers 5 times. His team has won every time, except the playoff loss in 2013.

When we lost to the Chargers, Reggie Nelson had 1 tackle, no turnovers, and was a nonfactor.

I expect Reggie to make an important turnover to win the game. He has 2 FF and 2 INTS in his 4 regular season games vs SD, so here is to hoping he continues his streak.

Go Reggie! ThumbsUp

Interesting research.

David Jones for Reggie Nelson is one of the greatest trades in Bengal history.  Reggie has been a key player on our defense.  One of the more underrated players on the team.
Reply/Quote
Has there ever been a better trade in Bengals history than David Jones for Reggie Nelson. What a deal!

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2015, 02:06 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Ah, don't get me started haha. Lots of people have him locked in as a guy to let go but I don't feel the same. Most underrated Bengal by a good margin.

Yeah its will all come down to if he is still playing at a high level.... and is cost effective.

Sometimes you gotta known when to let go. but i dont see anyone on the roster ready to take his spot with hall also on the last year of his deal...

So you never know.. .Bengals have a lot of money to toy with next offseason.
Reply/Quote
Yeah, Reggie is an awesome Safety. I would agree with you guys that say he is underrated.

Lets kill some phone chargers on Sunday, Predator.
Reply/Quote
Reggie is the unsung hero of the defense The do it all/stay on the field player.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2015, 02:21 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: Has there ever been a better trade in Bengals history than David Jones for Reggie Nelson. What a deal!

Pete Johnson for James Brooks
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2015, 01:55 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Over his career, Reggie Nelson has played against the Chargers 5 times. His team has won every time, except the playoff loss in 2013.

Go Reggie! ThumbsUp

So can we blame the playoff loss squarely on his shoulders????  lol
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Reggie shouldn't be hard to keep considering he's currently making $4.1 million in base salary and will turn 33 early next season.

It's not like he's going to get a huge raise on the open market. He's pretty much a dinosaur in DB years.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
It shows that while we don't often trade we're pretty good when we do.

David Jones for Reggie Nelson

Pete Johnson for James Brooks (as mentioned upthread)

Then there was a D lineman named Orien Harris. Signed off the street than traded for Brian Leonard. Then signed Harris again and actually did some backup duty

And if we count draft picks acquired by trade it gets even better :)
Reply/Quote
I agree with the above consensus. Reggie Nelson is super underrated. He plays with a lot of heart and has good instincts. Not to mention, he looks like a bad ass in full gear. PREDATOR

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
Heck yeah. Get 'em, Reg.

These DB guys in Week One...they set the tone. Dre wants ta ball. Leon plans to clobber the slot. Pacman...? Fuggedaboutit. Dude's a wrecking crew. Hard not to spot shades of '88 when the secondary plays mean.

I liked it. I'd like to see it again. I wouldn't mind if I saw it all season.
Reply/Quote