For THA RAIDAS.
Smart move letting him walk. Sarcasm Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Nice run back, too. Good for him.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
So glad we kept Illoka instead.

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 09:35 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Nice run back, too.  Good for him.

Run back was stupid
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 09:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Run back was stupid

Ok.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I'd like to see the Raiders do well because of Reggie. He was the man when he was here.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 09:37 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: So glad we kept Illoka instead.

Could've had Reggie Nelson for about what they gave to Williams, and his deal wasn't even up yet!
Reply/Quote
We gambled on the age factor and lost... this year at least..
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2016, 06:55 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: We gambled...and lost... 

Bengals motto; since forever...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
There's a few of us looking prophetic right about now.  Way to go Bungals.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 09:37 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: So glad we kept Illoka instead.

Me too.  Iloka's individual stats are almost identical to Reggie's, and he is 7 years younger.

Nelson....63 tkls....5 int...11 PD
Iloka......65 tkls.....3 int... 7 PD

(12-21-2016, 11:39 AM)Wyche Wrote: There's a few of us looking prophetic right about now.  Way to go Bungals.

So your predicted that Iloka would play as well as Nelson and that the Bengals would have a much better pass defense than the team Reggie played for?

That is not at all what I remember you saying.  Got a link?
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2016, 02:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Me too.  Iloka's individual stats are almost identical to Reggie's, and he is 7 years younger.

Nelson....63 tkls....5 int...11 PD
Iloka......65 tkls.....3 int... 7 PD

So your predicted that Iloka would play as well as Nelson and that the Bengals would have a much better pass defense than the team Reggie played for?

That is not at all what I remember you saying.  Got a link?
Almost Identical?  In tackles only.  5 ints compared to 3 ints is actually a 40% difference.  4 additional PD's also accounts for a 36.4 % difference.  Ints are impact plays, as are PD's to a lesser extent.  How can someone making approx 40% fewer impact plays have almost identical stats?  Don't try to say the numbers are only a difference of 2 int's and 4 PD's.  Were not talking about the same difference as the 2 tackle difference. 

Also why are you comparing Nelson with Iloka?  Doesn't it stand to reason that if Nelson was here, that it would actually be Williams on the bench, and Iloka starting at SS?

As far as the team comparison goes, there are 10 other players on the field for every pass play.  To say or insinuate that because Reggie's team didn't fair as well against the pass as the Bengals, that Reggie somehow has more than 9% of that responsibility is ludicrous.

Bottom line is the Raiders are 12-3 and are going to the playoffs.  The Bengals after 5 straight years of going to the playoffs with Reggie Nelson as our starter are NOT going to the playoffs and are 5-9-1.  I'm not saying that with Reggie still here they would have definitely made the playoffs this season, but the Bengals are not a better team with their current safety situation  than they would have been with Nelson still being here. At least not in 2016.  Nelson, even at 33 had a better year than Williams.  Almost everyone that watched the Bengals this year would agree that Nelsons leadership was missing in the secondary.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2016, 08:20 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Bengals motto; since forever...

please... I would rather let guys go 1 year too early than 1 year to late.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 11:31 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: please... I would rather let guys go 1 year too early than 1 year to late.

Mottos don't pertain to a single move, but a mindset over a period of time.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2016, 06:55 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: We gambled on the age factor and lost...

(12-20-2016, 08:20 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Bengals motto; since forever...

This is getting ridiculous.

We gambled on Burfict, Cedric Benson, and Adam Jones and won.  We gambled when we let Palmer walk and drafted Dalton.  We gambled when we traded Ochocinco.  

We have won many gambles, and probably more than most other teams in the league.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 02:34 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Mottos don't pertain to a single move, but a mindset over a period of time.

we go to the draft every year and that is a crap shoot at best...    Nothing is gaurenteed  there is no right or wrong way. or a proven method 

every contract is a gamble in the nfl.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 03:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is getting ridiculous.

We gambled on Burfict, Cedric Benson, and Adam Jones and won.  We gambled when we let Palmer walk and drafted Dalton.  We gambled when we traded Ochocinco.  

We have won many gambles, and probably more than most other teams in the league.

Define "most". 

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 07:16 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: we go to the draft every year and that is a crap shoot at best...    Nothing is gaurenteed  there is no right or wrong way. or a proven method 

every contract is a gamble in the nfl.

Reggie Nelson doesn't have anything to do with the draft. My "motto" was based on the history of the Cincinnati Bengals and the decisions they've made for 48 years. 

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 05:27 PM)Shepdawg Wrote: Almost Identical?  In tackles only.  5 ints compared to 3 ints is actually a 40% difference.  4 additional PD's also accounts for a 36.4 % difference.  Ints are impact plays, as are PD's to a lesser extent.  How can someone making approx 40% fewer impact plays have almost identical stats?  Don't try to say the numbers are only a difference of 2 int's and 4 PD's.  Were not talking about the same difference as the 2 tackle difference. 

Also why are you comparing Nelson with Iloka?  Doesn't it stand to reason that if Nelson was here, that it would actually be Williams on the bench, and Iloka starting at SS?

As far as the team comparison goes, there are 10 other players on the field for every pass play.  To say or insinuate that because Reggie's team didn't fair as well against the pass as the Bengals, that Reggie somehow has more than 9% of that responsibility is ludicrous.

Bottom line is the Raiders are 12-3 and are going to the playoffs.  The Bengals after 5 straight years of going to the playoffs with Reggie Nelson as our starter are NOT going to the playoffs and are 5-9-1.  I'm not saying that with Reggie still here they would have definitely made the playoffs this season, but the Bengals are not a better team with their current safety situation  than they would have been with Nelson still being here. At least not in 2016.  Nelson, even at 33 had a better year than Williams.  Almost everyone that watched the Bengals this year would agree that Nelsons leadership was missing in the secondary.

Oh noes!!!!!! Facts and not cherry picked bullshit! LMAO

[Image: 524b9f841605fb2cb200000f.jpg?w=400]

I stand by my opinion this offseason, letting Nelson leave was a mistake. Period.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 10:56 AM)Wyche Wrote: Oh noes!!!!!! Facts and not cherry picked bullshit! LMAO

[Image: 524b9f841605fb2cb200000f.jpg?w=400]

I stand by my opinion this offseason, letting Nelson leave was a mistake. Period.

I totally agree.  I don't think that can even be disputed.  I didn't like it when they didn't get him re-signed.  For a team trying to get over the hump and win a SB, I didn't agree that they should let one of the leaders of that defense, and a pro bowl caliber safety leave. Regardless how Williams progresses and plays for the rest of his career, the 2016 version of the Bengals secondary was not as good as when Reggie was here.  
Reply/Quote