Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Regular season schedule release this week
Looks like we open on the road as the Reds are in town weekend of 9/7-9/9 and also Monday 9/10.

I'd like to see us open at the LA Chargers, that way we can get our 1 West Coast road game out of the way early.

Where do some of you think we will open 2018?
Reply/Quote
Baltimore

Reply/Quote
Burfict out?

Home against Pittsburgh
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2018, 04:16 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Burfict out?

Home against Pittsburgh

At I'll bet.

Maybe both games.   Whatever
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2018, 04:16 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Burfict out?

Home against Pittsburgh

Can't happen as the Reds are in town Sunday the 9th and Monday the 10th.

We can actually open at Pittsburgh only as the front half of the Monday Night DH. Pirates on the road 9/10.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2018, 05:31 PM)QueenCitySouth Wrote: Can't happen as the Reds are in town Sunday the 9th and Monday the 10th.

We can actually open at Pittsburgh only as the front half of the Monday Night DH. Pirates on the road 9/10.

I could totally see this. We are winning a close game at halftime and Ryan Shazier walks out on to the field and the crowd goes wild changing the momentum of the game.

They seem to do something like that every game that we play them, especially in prime time , which is a smart move. Mike Brown's halftime show for Monday night will be that dog that rides the monkey , which was last popular at Crosley field in the 40's
Reply/Quote
I'll bet my left nut (and that's the good one Mellow ) that we play Pittsburgh at least once in the first four weeks
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2018, 06:04 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: I could totally see this. We are winning a close game at halftime and Ryan Shazier walks out on to the field and the crowd goes wild changing the momentum of the game.

They seem to do something like that every game that we play them, especially in prime time , which is a smart move. Mike Brown's halftime show for Monday night will be that dog that rides the monkey , which was last popular at Crosley field in the 40's

I really never understood that halftime schtick. F***ing embarrassing  Whatever God forbid former players or something related to the city are honored at halftime 
Reply/Quote
Time for my annual bitching and comments about why they release the schedule before the draft because teams could improve a lot and make games more interesting.

I agree that we play the Steelers at least once in the first four weeks and probably Baltimore, also.

At least it's something football related to hold my interest.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2018, 09:08 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Time for my annual bitching and comments about why they release the schedule before the draft because teams could improve a lot and make games more interesting.

I agree that we play the Steelers at least once in the first four weeks and probably Baltimore, also.

At least it's something football related to hold my interest.

The NFL should just make it standard to play the first 3 games with the division rivals and then the last 3 games of the year also to make it more interesting and to see the difference from the beginning of the season to the end. :andy:
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2018, 02:50 PM)QueenCitySouth Wrote: Looks like we open on the road as the Reds are in town weekend of 9/7-9/9 and also Monday 9/10.

I'd like to see us open at the LA Chargers, that way we can get our 1 West Coast road game out of the way early.

Where do some of you think we will open 2018?

Charger's won't happen.... all teams open and close with Division opponents. We'll open and close with Baltimore once again, so that the stealers can close with the Browns....
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2018, 08:00 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Charger's won't happen.... all teams open and close with Division opponents. We'll open and close with Baltimore once again, so that the stealers can close with the Browns....

Would love to close with Pittsburgh.

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2018, 08:00 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Charger's won't happen.... all teams open and close with Division opponents. We'll open and close with Baltimore once again, so that the stealers can close with the Browns....

The Ratbirds are a safe bet, but we opened the season in 15 and 16 with Jets and Raiders.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
At Carolina within the first 4 weeks of the season. Why? Because I will be at that game with my son and will miss a chance to watch Burfict play.
Reply/Quote
We had a whole thread on this at:
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-2018-Bengals-Schedule-Predictions?highlight=schedule

Here were my predictions..

Looks like we will be starting on the road this year with the Reds home the weekend of Set 6-12

Week
1- Away (I say in Cleveland, the Indians are away this weekend)
2 - Home (will this be another Thursday night game like years past?)
3 - Home
4 - Away (Reds are in town unless they give us the Thursday night game this week)
5 - ?????
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Meh, I'd complain that we are going to play the Steelers while Burfict is out, but I think we are 3-10 against the Steelers since Burfict came into the league so I can only muster so much "the NFL is out get us" ire on this one. Unless Burfict breaks Pig Ben's leg on purpose or something I don't see much difference in him being on the field or not, sadly.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2018, 10:15 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, I'd complain that we are going to play the Steelers while Burfict is out, but I think we are 3-10 against the Steelers since Burfict came into the league so I can only muster so much "the NFL is out get us" ire on this one.  Unless Burfict breaks Pig Ben's leg on purpose or something I don't see much difference in him being on the field or not, sadly.

True, and Marvin's record against Pitt is even worse. We'll likely lose to them with or without Burfict, but I just want to see juju get his from Tez. Give juju, AB and the rest of the steeler team and fans an education on what true karma really is.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2018, 10:20 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: True, and Marvin's record against Pitt is even worse. We'll likely lose to them with or without Burfict, but I just want to see juju get his from Tez. Give juju, AB and the rest of the steeler team and fans an education on what true karma really is.

It's possible.  I just feel like I've spent decades waiting on the edge of my chair for this revenge against the Steelers that hasn't come via the scoreboard or vengeful hits.  I can't let it go though, so let's hope Juju doesn't just KO Burfict again.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2018, 10:20 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: True, and Marvin's record against Pitt is even worse. We'll likely lose to them with or without Burfict, but I just want to see juju get his from Tez. Give juju, AB and the rest of the steeler team and fans an education on what true karma really is.

Well, to teach them what karma really is we all have to be dead and in the next life..  This 'instant karma' stuff is just made up nonsense.. So is karma as defined by any religion, but that's another topic for debate..  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Bengals Week #1 games in the Marvin Lewis era:

7 times we have opened against division rivals. Those being:

2005 @ Browns W
2007 home Ravens W (MNF)
2008 @ Ravens L
2011 @ Browns W
2012 @ Ravens L (MNF)
2014 @ Ravens W
2017 home Ravens L
4-3 records in Week #1 AFCN games