• 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Reid Sinnett signed
Reid Sinnett signed to PS per Schefter

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Oh yes the season is saved lol
Reply/Quote
In the post Sinnet signing the bengals put out the statement, "If it cost a nickel to shit we'd have to throw up."  Cool
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The transaction makes sense if they need a scout QB or backup QB to Browning. It's a move we shouldn't really be excited about or disappointed in (excluding an injured Burrow disappointment). It's a necessary roster move.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2023, 01:08 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: The transaction makes sense if they need a scout QB or backup QB to Browning. It's a move we shouldn't really be excited about or disappointed in (excluding an injured Burrow disappointment). It's a necessary roster move.

Having experience in Zac's system trumps performance according to some; so, I'm sure they're stoked about the pick. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2023, 01:08 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: The transaction makes sense if they need a scout QB or backup QB to Browning. It's a move we shouldn't really be excited about or disappointed in (excluding an injured Burrow disappointment). It's a necessary roster move.

Yeah, just a necessary move is all this is after Grier getting poached by the Pats.
Reply/Quote
they weren't going to be signing someone to replace Browning as the backup. That was made perfectly clear when he made the roster. They were signing someone to the PS as the 3rd QB. Sinnett makes as much sense as anyone. Siemian apparently didn't want a PS role which is why he wasn't signed to it in August.

Sinnett knows the playbook, something Grier didn't, and the coaches are familiar with him.

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2023, 01:43 PM)pally Wrote: they weren't going to be signing someone to replace Browning as the backup.  That was made perfectly clear when he made the roster.  They were signing someone to the PS as the 3rd QB.  Sinnett makes as much sense as anyone.  Siemian apparently didn't want a PS role which is why he wasn't signed to it in August.

Sinnett knows the playbook, something Grier didn't, and the coaches are familiar with him.

Wouldn't surprise me if Siemian is out of the league soon if this is the way he acts and more importantly plays lol
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2023, 01:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Wouldn't surprise me if Siemian is out of the league soon if this is the way he acts and more importantly plays lol

I understand Siemian's mindset. He has started 30 games in the NFL and 7 years ago had a stellar season, including one game where he threw for 4 TD and no interceptions and a 132.1 QB rating (against the Bengals) and one game with 3 TD and no interceptions and a QB rating of 125.6.  Losing to Browning, who never started a game or even threw an NFL pass at that point (he now as one pass attempted), is one thing; but not even making the squad was another. He probably thinks his worth is more. Just a year ago he was signed to a $4 million contract with $3 million guaranteed. Now he was looking at practice squad payments.

But he hasn't done much for the past 4 years and didn't show anything in preseason. Past glory doesn't account for much when that glory was so long ago and not sustained. But I think Siemian thinks, and probably accurately, that some team, after some QB injuries that inevitably happen, will pick him up and put him on an active roster. There aren't that many QBs available who have starting experience.

I'm happy for Browning. He worked hard and earned his shot.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2023, 12:54 PM)pally Wrote: Reid Sinnett signed to PS per Schefter

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

That is huge because Bengals were short a QB after Patriots raided the cupboard and took Grier.   Also with Burrow gimpy, you can't just have Browning.  It makes sense to bring back Sinnett who was with Bengals in training camp, because they don't have to start fresh on the playbook, the coaches have worked with him up to just a few weeks ago when he was cut to add Grier, who Patriots just stole off practice squad.  

So Welcome back to Bengals Reid Sinnett, because as of last night the Bengals didn't have enough bench depth at QB, and bringing Sinnett back gives Bengals that much need #3 QB, who might just have to suit up as a #2 QB if Bengals actually do decide to rest Burrow calf injury. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I don’t have a problem with this move.Hopefully it won’t come down to where he has to play,but,you never know.
Reply/Quote
Reid is at practice today

Reply/Quote
With how big a stink some people made about Grier going to the Patriots, you'd think they'd be flooding this thread with posts of relief.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2023, 02:40 PM)PhilHos Wrote: With how big a stink some people made about Grier going to the Patriots, you'd think they'd be flooding this thread with posts of relief.

Nope, if they can't find something to complain about, they go radio silent
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2023, 02:40 PM)PhilHos Wrote: With how big a stink some people made about Grier going to the Patriots, you'd think they'd be flooding this thread with posts of relief.

I said last night Duke Tobin and Coach Taylor would get a QB in here fast, maybe as fast as today on Friday.  Now that post got moved, which is no big deal to me.  But they did bring in a QB fast, because they had to.  They had no choice, they had to, and fast.   I'm relieved or glad Bengals could bring back a QB that had been in camp and knows the playbook, because now into season, the coaches don't have time to go back to first day of camp with a new QB on the playbook. 

It was a quick move that had to be made, and Duke and Taylor and Brown Family made it.  The Bengals were one QB short last night, and this afternoon they are not.  Good move brining back Sinnett and get ready for Rams, GO BENGALS. 

Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2023, 02:44 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Nope, if they can't find something to complain about, they go radio silent

We have two backup QBs who have a single incomplete pass attempted in in 7 combined NFL seasons.  I'm pretty sure the haters aren't exactly choking on crow at the moment.  

With that being said, at least we have 2 guys behind Burrow now...or in front of Burrow depending on how he feels these next few days.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2023, 02:59 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We have two backup QBs who have a single incomplete pass attempted in in 7 combined NFL seasons.  I'm pretty sure the haters aren't exactly choking on crow at the moment.  

With that being said, at least we have 2 guys behind Burrow now...or in front of Burrow depending on how he feels these next few days.

Exactly.  Also did the Pats do this on purpose?  why did they decide to go after The Willy? 
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2023, 03:11 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Exactly.  Also did the Pats do this on purpose?  why did they decide to go after The Willy? 

Hell if I know.  They're 0-2, so maybe they think they'll be fighting us for a WC slot or something. 
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2023, 02:59 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We have two backup QBs who have a single incomplete pass attempted in in 7 combined NFL seasons.  I'm pretty sure the haters aren't exactly choking on crow at the moment.  

the thing is Seimian was signed to be the backup, with 30 starts and over 7,000 yards of experience but he was bad in preseason and Browning raised his performance , so it is not like the Bengals did not try to upgrade but Seimian did not meet the task.. Great article on Browning, he has really worked hard at this craft since College.. the desire and fire is there, im fine giving him a shot on Monday .

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2023/09/22/cincinnati-bengals-backup-quarterback-jake-browning-monday-night-football-week-3/70924516007/ 
Reply/Quote
No doubt about it..Jake is destined to the HOF and Burrow to next season's practice squad. That would be s sledge hammer to the nuts, huh? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote