Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reilly Reiff visiting the Jets

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(06-09-2022, 09:47 AM)pally Wrote:

I would really like to have Reiff back on a 3-4m deal as an off the bench swing tackle. I know you can’t pay a backup that much, but it would be a dang good insurance policy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2022, 09:50 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: I would really like to have Reiff back on a 3-4m deal as an off the bench swing tackle.  I know you can’t pay a backup that much,  but it would be a dang good insurance policy.

Riley actually visiting a team makes me think he might still be able to play.

I feared his leg and ankle injuries ruined his chances, but if he is visiting teams it means he can still play.

All for bringing him back if the Jets don't sign him and he clears his physical with us.

We all know Pollack loves the guy. Would be a great depth piece and doesn't talk crap on twitter like Spain does.
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2022, 09:50 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: I would really like to have Reiff back on a 3-4m deal as an off the bench swing tackle. I know you can’t pay a backup that much, but it would be a dang good insurance policy.

We have the cap space, if he’ll take a one year deal at that range with the understanding he’s the first tackle off the bench then you absolutely can pay a backup that much. We don’t have many if any starting spots that are glaring problems. Our roster issues will likely come from depth. We can afford another o lineman, WR, and possibly even CB at moderate salaries on one year deals to solidify our roster top to bottom and across the board.

At this stage I think that is Reiff’s best choice. He’s older and had some injuries recently. He already knows the team and system. Come back, make a decent salary. Sit on the bench for half the year and if we have an injury he can be right back where he was at the start of last season. He can be a 6th o line too. If no injuries, he makes decent money and has a shot at a ring.

I say the same thing about Spain too, except he’d be even cheaper. I think we only have room for one of them roster wise as I don’t see the team wanting to cut too many of the young cheaper options that they may still be holding out hope for. I’d love to see either back here cheap
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2022, 01:50 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: We have the cap space, if he’ll take a one year deal at that range with the understanding he’s the first tackle off the bench then you absolutely can pay a backup that much. We don’t have many if any starting spots that are glaring problems. Our roster issues will likely come from depth. We can afford another o lineman, WR, and possibly even CB at moderate salaries on one year deals to solidify our roster top to bottom and across the board.

At this stage I think that is Reiff’s best choice. He’s older and had some injuries recently. He already knows the team and system. Come back, make a decent salary. Sit on the bench for half the year and if we have an injury he can be right back where he was at the start of last season. He can be a 6th o line too. If no injuries, he makes decent money and has a shot at a ring.

I say the same thing about Spain too, except he’d be even cheaper. I think we only have room for one of them roster wise as I don’t see the team wanting to cut too many of the young cheaper options that they may still be holding out hope for. I’d love to see either back here cheap

I like Spain as a player, I just think there is an underlying issue with him. How the SuperBowl ended, what he said after etc.

Also I believe we are trying to stay as young as possible which might be a reason one of these two guys aren't back.

Cause it is true our only roster issue is depth at a couple positions. Guard, WR, maybe Corner...
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2022, 02:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like Spain as a player, I just think there is an underlying issue with him. How the SuperBowl ended, what he said after etc.

Also I believe we are trying to stay as young as possible which might be a reason one of these two guys aren't back.

Cause it is true our only roster issue is depth at a couple positions. Guard, WR, maybe Corner...

What did Spain say after?

Reply/Quote
(06-09-2022, 09:47 AM)pally Wrote:

We do know Reiff is visiting the Jets, we don't know if the Bengals have offered him a contract and he is testing the waters for a better deal. Or the Bengals may have said, go see your market and then we can talk. Or they Bengals may have decided to move on from Reiff.

I think he wants a starting job with starting pay and why Reiff is looking at other team(s).
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I like Reiff, and if he still wants to play I hope he is able (especially if he takes a back-up deal here). That said, his visiting the Jets doesn't really tell us anything other than he still wants to play. Larry O visited the Bears and got a 40 million dollar deal from them, then could not pass the physical.
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2022, 07:52 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: What did Spain say after?

He said something like "don't look at me" on twitter after he got beat badly on the play that ended our Lombardi hopes.

You know, when Aaron Donald just beat him like a drum and sacked Burrow to end the SuperBowl...

Not cool in my eyes and might not be cool in the coaches and FO's eyes either....

He should of taken some blame on that play. He was acting like it was the other guy's faults when it clearly wasn't on that play.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2022, 02:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He said something like "don't look at me" on twitter after he got beat badly on the play that ended our Lombardi hopes.

No he didn't.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2022, 02:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No he didn't.

Yes he did according to a lot of people who were on twitter at the time.

Prove he didn't say that then...

Don't know why anyone would make it up and say he said something he didn't.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2022, 05:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes he did according to a lot of people who were on twitter at the time.

Prove he didn't say that then...

Don't know why anyone would make it up and say he said something he didn't.

How can anyone prove a person didn't say something? Seems it would make more sense to prove he did.

All I remember about Spain post Super Bowl was his beef with the Titan's D-lineman and Spain accepted that he got beat. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-11-2022, 06:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How can anyone prove a person didn't say something? Seems it would make more sense to prove he did.

All I remember about Spain post Super Bowl was his beef with the Titan's D-lineman and Spain accepted that he got beat. 

I don't know. Still don't know why people were quoting Spain saying he said "don't look at me" when talking about the SB...

I heard Spain talking about the Titans DL too, I never heard of him accepting he got beat either.

Honestly I hope you guys are right about Spain admitting his poor play and I hope we bring him back cause I think he is a
good LG when he is healthy. He would be great depth and insurance in case one of Carman or Volson don't work out at LG.

To be clear, I personally have nothing against Spain. Just saying what I have heard and what the FO might have against him.

I could be wrong and the FO brings him back. Hope I am wrong.
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2022, 02:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like Spain as a player, I just think there is an underlying issue with him. How the SuperBowl ended, what he said after etc.

It has been reported that the bigger concern from the coaches was how badly Spain wore down in the 2nd half of the season. Not only physically but his play was decidedly worse too. Now if he were a back up it wouldn't be as much of a concern.  But conditioning is an issue with him

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(06-13-2022, 09:19 AM)pally Wrote: It has been reported that the bigger concern from the coaches was how badly Spain wore down in the 2nd half of the season. Not only physically but his play was decidedly worse too. Now if he were a back up it wouldn't be as much of a concern.  But conditioning is an issue with him

Thanks Pally, probably correct. Spain did seem a bit overweight last year.
Reply/Quote
Riley Reiff.

Let's not get too carried away with our Rei's.
Reply/Quote