Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rejoice! Looks like we won’t be bringing Bodine back
The deal also probably means they need to find a new center because that appears to be the last major pact they'll do in free agency. They'll probably do some minimum veteran deals, but if the Bengals did reach a deal with center Russell Bodine, their starter for the last four seasons, they'd probably release somebody else and they're not usually keen on doing that.

http://m.bengals.com/news/article-1/I-owe-them-a-good-year/8531cac9-6289-433e-9d13-1decbcb81b01

Best news ever!
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
They have plenty of cap room to sign Bodine.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 10:09 AM)fredtoast Wrote: They have plenty of cap room to sign Bodine.

Shhhh!
Reply/Quote
personally I feel better with bodine at Center than TJ Johnson
Reply/Quote
Fred is right.....

Unfortunately.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Yeah, unfortunately, Jim O has already tweeted that Russell Bodine is a priority. Ugh.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 10:28 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Yeah, unfortunately, Jim O has already tweeted that Russell Bodine is a priority. Ugh.

No!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 10:09 AM)fredtoast Wrote: They have plenty of cap room to sign Bodine.

The one time actually I wish there was no cap room is when these negotiations start.

But can live with it if it is cheap, not long term, and one is drafted to compete and push him. 

May not get my wishes granted here though. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 10:28 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah, unfortunately, Jim O has already tweeted that Russell Bodine is a priority. Ugh.

but if that's true whats the hold up?   he cant be that expensive   no reports of any visits for him.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 11:11 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: but if that's true whats the hold up?   he cant be that expensive   no reports of any visits for him.

I hope they are waiting to see how the draft goes or maybe a team lets go of one.
Reply/Quote
Nope, he’s gone. We are out of money....it’s about time the rookie pool, injury pool and rollover crap finally do us fans some good and force us to let bodine go
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 11:49 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Nope, he’s gone. We are out of money....it’s about time the rookie pool, injury pool and rollover crap finally do us fans some good and force us to let bodine go

I hope it's true but I ain't believing it until I see it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 11:49 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Nope, he’s gone. We are out of money..

No we are not.  Remember the '15 offseason when we supposedly only had $15 million and spent over $20?
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 10:52 AM)Trademark Wrote: No!!!!!!

I'm sorry man.... 
Smirk
(03-16-2018, 11:11 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: but if that's true whats the hold up?   he cant be that expensive   no reports of any visits for him.

I'd say money on Bodine's side.  I don't know, but that'd be where I'd put my money.  Surely the Bengals are lowballing him to death, and I don't blame them in this case.  As I said, that's what Jim tweeted, and I can't link twitter at work, but it was linked in another thread here somewhere.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
The best worst scenario is if they bring him back on a 1 year deal as they draft a top center in the draft. The worst worst scenario is if they re-sign to a 4 year deal or something.

The best scenario is for them to just part ways.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 10:28 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah, unfortunately, Jim O has already tweeted that Russell Bodine is a priority. Ugh.

Yeah, probably from all those games where he dominated that huge NT, in front of him.   Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

How recent? I looked but didn't find anything on Bodine in the last few days.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 12:34 PM)Synric Wrote: How recent? I looked but didn't find anything on Bodine in the last few days.

Not sure about a tweet, as I don't follow twitter, but I did read that in something he recently wrote.  I think he re-posted the article in one of his threads on here.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 11:54 AM)fredtoast Wrote: No we are not.  Remember the '15 offseason when we supposedly only had $15 million and spent over $20?

Hobspin feed us mistruths!? No way, never.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
We just aren't lucky enough to get a solid LT AND get rid of a weak Center in the same time frame.
Reply/Quote