Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rejoice! Looks like we won’t be bringing Bodine back
(03-16-2018, 04:16 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: We just aren't lucky enough to get a solid LT AND get rid of a weak Center in the same time frame.

Well, we got a top LB in Preston Brown and a good DT in Chris Baker too.

We just might have more than luck on our side this time around and actually might be making good decisions for once.

Waiting on Bodine and signing him for backup money would not be a bad decision although i would just like to move on.

Draft a Center in the 1st or 2nd. Heck, Hobspin is talking about Center at 21 right now. Never heard this before.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 01:59 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Hobspin feed us mistruths!? No way, never.

Oh C'mon.  Hobson is the very embodiment of truth, justice and the American way. Just slap a cape on him and he'd be the most fantastic crime fighter the world has ever known .CHICKENNN MANNNN! (he's everywhere, he's everywhere!)
Hobson is otherwise known as Benton Harbor available on weekends to fight crime in Midland City.   
https://youtu.be/KgMOOPxkYVk
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 04:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well, we got a top LB in Preston Brown and a good DT in Chris Baker too.

We just might have more than luck on our side this time around and actually might be making good decisions for once.

Waiting on Bodine and signing him for backup money would not be a bad decision although i would just like to move on.

Draft a Center in the 1st or 2nd. Heck, Hobspin is talking about Center at 21 right now. Never heard this before.

You may be right.  I've just been disillusioned by so many past bad decisions.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 07:10 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: You may be right.  I've just been disillusioned by so many past bad decisions.

We all have, but something seems to be going on for the better this is for sure.
Reply/Quote
Bodine getting no looks in the free agent open market tells me all I need to know about his value. Every day that ticks by swings more leverage to the team. Pretty soon we'll be able to re-sign him at the vet minimum. That's prolly what theyre waiting for.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 03:23 PM)Beaker Wrote: Bodine getting no looks in the free agent open market tells me all I need to know about his value. Every day that ticks by swings more leverage to the team. Pretty soon we'll be able to re-sign him at the vet minimum. That's prolly what theyre waiting for.

True and i wouldn't dislike it either. Pollack would have to see something more in him than TJ Johnson.

He could be better but the sad part is i honestly don't know that he is.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 03:23 PM)Beaker Wrote: Bodine getting no looks in the free agent open market tells me all I need to know about his value. Every day that ticks by swings more leverage to the team. Pretty soon we'll be able to re-sign him at the vet minimum. That's prolly what theyre waiting for.

At least vet minimum wouldn't guarantee him a starting spot.  But it wouldn't break my heart at all if they just quietly let him go on his way with a good luck and hearty handshake.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2018, 10:17 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: personally I feel better with bodine at Center than TJ Johnson

What a lousy choice. Sick They have to do something to get better!!! It will likely have to be via the draft at this point.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 06:12 PM)Derrick Wrote: What a lousy choice. Sick They have to do something to get better!!! It will likely have to be via the draft at this point.

Which is just fine with me.  They're in a great place to get one at 21.
Reply/Quote
Alexander needs to provide him with a soft landing and convince Jerry he can play guard for them lol
Reply/Quote
Well, looks like our favorite Bengals writer is claiming Bodine won’t be back now.

http://m.bengals.com/s/30838/360?itemUri=1341131871/51085315141157140113131408811
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2018, 11:43 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Well, looks like our favorite Bengals writer is claiming Bodine won’t be back now.

http://m.bengals.com/s/30838/360?itemUri=1341131871/51085315141157140113131408811

Seems like they spent the Bodine money on Barkley.

If so, does that make Barkley a hero?  He's already saved the season from Bodine.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I still can't allow myself to believe it yet because it seems to good to be true.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Russell Bodine is visiting in Buffalo. Let’s hope the Bills sign him. Then the Bengals can go for Billy Price in the draft.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2018, 12:31 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Russell Bodine is visiting in Buffalo.  Let’s hope the Bills sign him.  Then the Bengals can go for Billy Price in the draft.

When Marvin gave his speech, reiterating how valuable to the team that Bodine was, I never thought this day would come.

That was one heck of a smoke screen that 'ole Marv put on us.  Cool

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2018, 12:31 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Russell Bodine is visiting in Buffalo. Let’s hope the Bills sign him. Then the Bengals can go for Billy Price in the draft.

Omg ? please lord. Hey buffalo he’s a top tier center who’s young with a ton of potential lol. Snag him up
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2018, 12:31 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Russell Bodine is visiting in Buffalo.  Let’s hope the Bills sign him.  Then the Bengals can go for Billy Price in the draft.

If buffalo takes Bodine I will take back everything I ever said about that disgusting, cesspool of a city  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2018, 12:40 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: When Marvin gave his speech, reiterating how valuable to the team that Bodine was, I never thought this day would come.

Smoke screens are more journalist jargon than anything 
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2018, 12:31 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Russell Bodine is visiting in Buffalo. Let’s hope the Bills sign him. Then the Bengals can go for Billy Price in the draft.

Haha Buffalo
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2018, 12:40 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: When Marvin gave his speech, reiterating how valuable to the team that Bodine was, I never thought this day would come.

He is a got dang genius lol. This is Black Jesus stuff
Reply/Quote